AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-17, 13:54   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 571 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.




Well now, isn't this a surprise? A super-early spoiler summary has appeared! However, keep in mind that that it's not 100% confirmed to be legit at this point. Still, the provider (Apprentice) has given us reliable spoilers for a while now, so I think we can give this one a shot until the pics and full summary appear in a few days. Anyway, let's get down to business:



-Chapter title is "The gallows". Luffy fights against Garp, and goes into Gear 2 mode. He attacks his grandfather and even manages to knock him off the bridge, but it seems the aged war veteran let himself take the hit on purpose......



-Luffy finally reaches the platform and tries to unlock Ace's shackles, but admiral Kizaru once again impedes the rookie, shooting the key away with a beam. Fortunately, Mr. 3 was at the platform, disguised as an executioner, and volunteers to help free Ace with his abilities. However, it's at this point that fleet admiral Sengoku himself finally makes his move.......



-Sengoku has a DF power that makes him turn into a giant Daibutsu (big Buddha statue). The enlarged Sengoku throws a punch at Luffy and co. that destroys the platform, and Luffy is desperately trying to unlock Ace's shackles during his fall. The marines immediately fire their artillery at the pirates, but from within a circle of flames we see that Ace has finally been freed!





Heh, looks like my prediction of Sengoku having a Buddhism-themed DF power came true, after all (it doesn't quite seem to be the one I had in mind, though..... I was thinking of a karma fruit). Garp letting himself lose to Luffy was kinda expected, methinks (at least he won't lose face with the marines if he was "knocked" off that bridge). I don't really have much to say about Ace being freed, since I pretty much expected him to survive from the get-go.


Oh, and while Mr. 3 lending Luffy his help definitely sounds great, I still wish that Buggy was at that platform, too. Oh well, maybe he can take on the giant angry Buddha by tickling his feet or something.



Now to wait for the full summary + pics......

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-01-17 at 19:50.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:03   Link #2
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Luffy saved Ace with virtually no problems. Ugh. I don't like this outcome, but whatever.

What caught my interest the most is Sengoku's ability (nice prediction, marvelB ). I can't wait to see what it looks like.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:09   Link #3
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Virtually no problems? I wouldn't be too sure of that. Ever since he arrived at Marineford, Luffy's been getting smacked around by opponents who are far beyond his level, and Kizaru had even knocked the key Hancock gave him out of his hand. True, he was lucky that Mr. 3 was nearby to help, but I still wouldn't say that it was all smooth sailing for ol' monkey-boy......



And yeah, I really want to see Sengoku's ability, too. If we're lucky, there may be more to his power than merely turning into a giant.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:23   Link #4
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
This seems a little early to post what could be a fake spoiler (true the name and info seem legit, but it is Sunday after all).

If this is real, though, Sengoku's power seems very disappointing. Besides the fact that there are Giants in the series already, and the fact that Luffy can become a Giant with Gear 3, didn't Togashi just give this power to Netero in Hunter x Hunter (giant buddha-esque figure that slaps things around) or didn't Kei fight a similar monster during the 3rd arc of Gantz? I'll wait to see a pic before commenting further, but my initial response is not that favourable (please prove me wrong Oda-sensei)...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-17 at 14:35. Reason: I meant power, not fruit...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:33   Link #5
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Yeah, Netero's power came to my mind as well when I read about Sengoku's ability, but as I said in my previous post, there should be more to it than just "BUDDHA SMASH". Heck, there may even be the chance that Sengoku's ability isn't even a DF power at all, but a physical manifestation of his spirit (again, like with Netero's Nen ability, or even Zoro's Asura). We'll just have to wait and see if it gets explained anytime soon......




And yeah, I know I made the thread a little earlier than usual, but as I said, in the opening post, I figured I'd give it a shot just this once.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:34   Link #6
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Well if Sengoku is Rokushiki user and he can use it effectively in his giant form then it could be pretty bad ass.

Very early spoilers indeed, might be bit doubtful but lets see.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 17:10   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Virtually no problems? I wouldn't be too sure of that. Ever since he arrived at Marineford, Luffy's been getting smacked around by opponents who are far beyond his level, and Kizaru had even knocked the key Hancock gave him out of his hand. True, he was lucky that Mr. 3 was nearby to help, but I still wouldn't say that it was all smooth sailing for ol' monkey-boy......
I meant ever since he got on Inazuma's bridge. The only obstacles he had to contend with were Garp and Sengoku. As you pointed out already, Garp let himself get hit which made him fall off the bridge. Subsequent to that, Kizaru and Sengoku failed to stop any further advancement from Luffy. This was all done for the sake of plot because Luffy is not able to get by them by force, which is why I wanted Whitebeard to save Ace from the start. In any case, it's good that Ace is finally freed because the last few chapters almost had no progression.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:22   Link #8
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I meant ever since he got on Inazuma's bridge. The only obstacles he had to contend with were Garp and Sengoku. As you pointed out already, Garp let himself get hit which made him fall off the bridge. Subsequent to that, Kizaru and Sengoku failed to stop any further advancement from Luffy. This was all done for the sake of plot because Luffy is not able to get by them by force, which is why I wanted Whitebeard to save Ace from the start. In any case, it's good that Ace is finally freed because the last few chapters almost had no progression.
Whoa that is very weird point of view.

Luffy practically died once, lost 10 years of his lifetime, went through excruciating pains of toxication and fought through hell.

He got brutally pierced,sliced,mauled and maimed on Marineford, got KO'd and body run out of power long ago but only reason he is still going is because Iva used his hormones to allow Luffy to cheat his body forcing it to move even if its out of energy.

He even put saving Ace before his crew. I cant believe how some people dont think Luffy has any right to save Ace at this point, Luffy is pretty much walking corpse at this moment but he is still fighting by sheer will power.

I dont think there is even possible to put more effort in saving someone than Luffy has been using.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:32   Link #9
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
saw spoilers they seem real still got to wait for more info but if ace is free , we are moving forward to end of this arc .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:48   Link #10
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
I can get that Sengoku tried to stop Luffy and only just mangaed to smash the platform but what I don't get is Kizaru, if he was able to knock the key outta Luffy's grasp why the hell didn't he knock Luffy off the platform altogether.
Blackbeard is right in that Luffy got up that platform with relative ease but if it keeps things moving along I'm content with it.

still another question that looms overhead is how the hell does Mr 3 get to the platform before everyone else?!
Thought he was still with Buggy?
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:06   Link #11
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Luffy practically died once, lost 10 years of his lifetime, went through excruciating pains of toxication and fought through hell.

He got brutally pierced,sliced,mauled and maimed on Marineford, got KO'd and body run out of power long ago but only reason he is still going is because Iva used his hormones to allow Luffy to cheat his body forcing it to move even if its out of energy.
I'm well aware of all this, but I don't like the way the rescue concluded. Let's face it; Luffy got it off easy (at the very end). He is nowhere near capable of defeating Garp or Sengoku in a fight, so Oda had to resort to using this outcome to make it believable. I find this too plot contrived and convenient for Luffy, and that is why I don't like the way this situation occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
He even put saving Ace before his crew. I cant believe how some people dont think Luffy has any right to save Ace at this point, Luffy is pretty much walking corpse at this moment but he is still fighting by sheer will power.
Who believes Luffy doesn't have a right to save Ace? I'm certainly not one of those individuals because I've never stated that. Luffy definitely has the right to save Ace considering how they share a strong brotherly bond and because they love each other. It's just that I would have preferred it if Whitebeard was the one to actually accomplish the rescue.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:07   Link #12
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
Kizaru's attacks are basically cutting attacks, not blunt attacks. He probably attacks from a distance, which means he would have thrown one of his beams. His beams put holes in people. They don't knock people off platforms. Hitting the key with a beam is likely to knock it out of Luffy's hands though, if not damage or destroy it altogether.

I've been wondering where Mr.3"s been for awhile now. I'm curious how he managed to sneak up to the platform, but it doesn't seem unlikely for him to be able to do so. I don't think we've seen him since they first fell from the sky. Even though, I don't remember him being present and accounted for back then . . . Maybe he landed there and blended in during all the chaos. He was probably planning to just go along with the Marines until the battle was over, and then sneak away. xD
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:09   Link #13
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Who gives a damn who saves ace , it could be buggy , mr 3 , croc , mihawk any body as far as i care . Time to get things moving , i mean after ace is free they still have to get the hell out of there . Which should be more fun as the pirates can go crazy with out having to worry about ace .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:11   Link #14
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I've been wondering where Mr.3"s been for awhile now. I'm curious how he managed to sneak up to the platform, but it doesn't seem unlikely for him to be able to do so. I don't think we've seen him since they first fell from the sky. Even though, I don't remember him being present and accounted for back then . . . Maybe he landed there and blended in during all the chaos. He was probably planning to just go along with the Marines until the battle was over, and then sneak away. xD




I actually don't think it would have been too difficult for Mr. 3 to sneak to the platform, seeing as distractions were already provided in the form of Luffy's Haki blast and Inazuma creating that bridge. Maybe he got himself over there by making a small bridge out of wax or something.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:16   Link #15
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere
The only reason you're saying this . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy got it off easy (at the very end). He is nowhere near capable of defeating Garp or Sengoku in a fight, so Oda had to resort to using this outcome to make it believable. I find this too plot contrived and convenient for Luffy, and that is why I don't like the way this situation occurred.
. . . is because of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's just that I would have preferred it if Whitebeard was the one to actually accomplish the rescue.
You can't call it too contrived and convenient, but also admit that it's done in a believable way. That's even truer for Shounen, where we can more easily predict how things will go and more or less already know how things are going to end. We understand that you would have preferred WB to save Ace, but that's no reason to shortchange the effort that Luffy's put in or say that he's getting off easy.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:27   Link #16
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Whoa that is very weird point of view.

Luffy practically died once, lost 10 years of his lifetime, went through excruciating pains of toxication and fought through hell.

He got brutally pierced,sliced,mauled and maimed on Marineford, got KO'd and body run out of power long ago but only reason he is still going is because Iva used his hormones to allow Luffy to cheat his body forcing it to move even if its out of energy.

He even put saving Ace before his crew. I cant believe how some people dont think Luffy has any right to save Ace at this point, Luffy is pretty much walking corpse at this moment but he is still fighting by sheer will power.

I dont think there is even possible to put more effort in saving someone than Luffy has been using.
I see where you are coming from, but I agree with Blackbeard D. Kuma. Luffy certainly earned the right to save him, but his strength level is not supposed to be able to match up to veterans of the sea who have mastered their DFs, Haki, weapons and which ever one they are using.

If he got there with people's help I don't mind, but getting past Sengoku is very "..." for me. UNLESS, he did it in a way that either show Luffy got lucky, or Sengoku simply got careless. This all depends on actually seeing the chapter, and how Oda executes the final moment of rescue. On paper, this sounds pretty not epic when they built the hype on WB all through the previous chapter, when you really think about it, without Luffy wrecking the prison and bringing all these extra guys here, WB's crew wouldn't really have stood much of a chance.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:31   Link #17
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Holding a bit of till we got full confirmation. Garp not doing anything vs Luffy was predictable just like he would be freeing Ace relatively easy but can't say I'm liking the way it's handled. The way Garp goes down is all but original and Sengoku just fails completely. Having a DF that I have seen several people guessing over the years and aiding Luffy more then obstructing him when he's a former admiral and should in my book be able to stop Luffy way more effectively then the way he did. And how did Mr 3 become so brave all of a sudden though I guess it fits his, you got to be smart line.

Been a while that I've been dissapointed bye a chapter of Oda but this seems as ridiculous as Luffy beating Croc all of a sudden due to his blood. While it'll be handled epic, it will leave a nasty aftertaste in my mouth.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:43   Link #18
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
IIf he got there with people's help I don't mind, but getting past Sengoku is very "..." for me. UNLESS, he did it in a way that either show Luffy got lucky, or Sengoku simply got careless. This all depends on actually seeing the chapter, and how Oda executes the final moment of rescue. On paper, this sounds pretty not epic when they built the hype on WB all through the previous chapter, when you really think about it, without Luffy wrecking the prison and bringing all these extra guys here, WB's crew wouldn't really have stood much of a chance.
Actually, it seems aohige corrected the initial translation to clarify that Sengoku tries to kill Ace (and Luffy and everyone), but he ends up simply blowing them away (by seemingly accidentally destroying the platform).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:49   Link #19
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I actually don't think it would have been too difficult for Mr. 3 to sneak to the platform, seeing as distractions were already provided in the form of Luffy's Haki blast and Inazuma creating that bridge. Maybe he got himself over there by making a small bridge out of wax or something.
Thing is Mr 3 looks like he was with Buggy last chapter, on the last double page bottom right corner, person there with Buggy I can only guess is Mr 3, not conclusive but sure damn looks like him.
If that is Mr 3 theres no way he could have made his way to the platform ahead of Luffy.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:52   Link #20
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, it seems aohige corrected the initial translation to clarify that Sengoku tries to kill Ace (and Luffy and everyone), but he ends up simply blowing them away (by seemingly accidentally destroying the platform).
Yep seem like after he got pass grap . kizaru knock the key out his hand so while he was still trying to free ace sengoku try to kill everyone . then more marines try to kill them after they got knock off the platform.

Still wait for a better summary or pics people before you judge the chapter .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.