AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-20, 09:42   Link #201
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Otoo-san, the manager.
I found exactly the same thing, going from raw to sub.
You'd think we'd learn to just wait for the sub...but I don't seem to mind watching it even a third time now

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 11:18   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
It's like a trainwreck; people just keep going back. They can't help themselves.

Alternatively, the food's too fantastic for anyone to make the decision on anything else.
Yeah that's gotta be part of it. Plus Inami, Poplar, and Yachiyo are all cute so that's another reason to keep coming. Besides maybe some of these people are here due to Kyoko's underlings "encouraging" them to stop by the restaurant .
Old 2010-04-20, 20:15   Link #203
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aww... I found Sato liking Yachiyo to be so cute. Dunno, something about having that stern of a man having a crush on someone as lively as Yachiyo contrasting really nicely and all. And when assistant chef asks Sato how he can't work it out with Yachiyo, man that was priceless. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:53   Link #204
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Aww... I found Sato liking Yachiyo to be so cute. Dunno, something about having that stern of a man having a crush on someone as lively as Yachiyo contrasting really nicely and all. And when assistant chef asks Sato how he can't work it out with Yachiyo, man that was priceless. XD
Well that explains it...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ptitleqxnl7vpv

Why there's so much Jun/Yachiyo fanart on pixiv compared to Yachiyo/Kyoko (Pixiv, I am disappoint).

So let me get this straight

Jun likes Yachiyo who likes Kyoko-onee sama who is using Yachiyo for food and Yachiyo is using Jun for food to give to Kyoko? So where would blue hair guy fit into this since he seems to be practically yaoibait with his soft spoken voice.

And Kyoko's uniform from 10 years ago reminds me of the MariMite uniform.

Visual hint?

Quote:
My condolences for Satou. Liking a girl that is full yuri for Kyouko. It's pretty much hopeless for him. Yachiyo's whole world revolves around doing something for Kyouko. While those kids were picking on Yachiyo I kind of worry about what happened to them . Poor Otoo though. His wife...wanders off and he nearly gets cut in half by Yachiyo.
If this were real life, Otoo would be dead. It's been proven on mythbusters you can't catch a sword. Question is who will kill him first, Yachiyo or Inami-chan.

Lol at Inami lesbian jokes. But don't worry, she'll come round soon enough.

And seriously, when watching this episode all I thought when I saw Yachiyo and Kyouko was 'JUST FUCK ALREADY!!'

I would make screenshots of all the Yachiyo/Kyoko moments but this stream player has this ugly play arrow on it.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:58   Link #205
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Why is Kyoko all ways eating she does nothing besides eat
Old 2010-04-21, 00:16   Link #206
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
That's the joke. She's a lazy manager.

And gluttonous eaters have always been in anime. Jewelry Bonney, Goku, Naruto.
Old 2010-04-21, 00:38   Link #207
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
That's the joke. She's a lazy manager.

And gluttonous eaters have always been in anime. Jewelry Bonney, Goku, Naruto.
Well, gluttony eaters have been there in anime, but those shonen ones are mentioned because of like, food = power.

Kyouko is just kind of spoiled and has ridiculous metabolism. Kind of like Yui from K-On!. They will always be slim and hungry because of lucky genes.

In terms of Episode 3, liked it better than others. I kind of pulled around on Inami since she knows about her illness and she does want to work on it. That makes me feel pretty good. But the more I think about it, the more I dislike Kyouko and Yachiyo.

Yachiyo is definitely that insane-kind of devotion. You definitely wish they would get it on so Yachiyo could get it out of their system. Explaining the devotion with Yachiyo's past was cool and pretty funny, but the way she attacks Otoo-san for giving Kyouko sweets really makes me raise my brow. Kyouko didn't even seem to care, so it's like, Yachiyo's devotion just feels kind of...lame.

Satou made the episode work for me, because he's really cool and respectable too. The cooks really feel like an entertaining duo and I'm glad they are getting more time. Though, I have to sigh at how Satou has a crush on Yachiyo. Not only do we see that it's not going to happen, but I thought the romance was going to be downplayed with this show. :X

I know I feel like I'm nit-picking a lot here, but when it culminates in your head for a while, it starts to get to you. I don't know whether this anime wants to be full on wacky or true to life, because it can't seem to walk on that thin-line.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 00:49   Link #208
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Well, gluttony eaters have been there in anime, but those shonen ones are mentioned because of like, food = power.

Kyouko is just kind of spoiled and has ridiculous metabolism. Kind of like Yui from K-On!. They will always be slim and hungry because of lucky genes.

In terms of Episode 3, liked it better than others. I kind of pulled around on Inami since she knows about her illness and she does want to work on it. That makes me feel pretty good. But the more I think about it, the more I dislike Kyouko and Yachiyo.

Yachiyo is definitely that insane-kind of devotion. You definitely wish they would get it on so Yachiyo could get it out of their system. Explaining the devotion with Yachiyo's past was cool and pretty funny, but the way she attacks Otoo-san for giving Kyouko sweets really makes me raise my brow. Kyouko didn't even seem to care, so it's like, Yachiyo's devotion just feels kind of...lame.

Satou made the episode work for me, because he's really cool and respectable too. The cooks really feel like an entertaining duo and I'm glad they are getting more time. Though, I have to sigh at how Satou has a crush on Yachiyo. Not only do we see that it's not going to happen, but I thought the romance was going to be downplayed with this show. :X

I know I feel like I'm nit-picking a lot here, but when it culminates in your head for a while, it starts to get to you. I don't know whether this anime wants to be full on wacky or true to life, because it can't seem to walk on that thin-line.
Difference is, Yui is just plain (for lack of better words) retarded. Kyouko is spoiled but I guess it's part of her corrupt character. She calls up thugs to beat up customers to food and eats her own restaurant's food.

Wasn't the 4koma written by a girl? It's probably going to stay one-sided and Yachiyo's devotion likewise. But something about it appeals to my shipping self.
Old 2010-04-21, 01:04   Link #209
qwevfr

Yachiyo's devotion looks wasted to me although kyouko might be trying to 'play along' with her cause she gets free food althoug she looks cute when she gets all 'lovely dovey' with kyouko...too bad for satou though.
qwevfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 04:53   Link #210
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Though, I have to sigh at how Satou has a crush on Yachiyo. Not only do we see that it's not going to happen, but I thought the romance was going to be downplayed with this show. :X
I'm not sure why you thought it'd be downplayed to the extent of maybe...being nonexistent? It's a slice-of-life show set in a restaurant where most of the employees are school age or slightly above (Satou and Souma have to be out-of-school, right? But they don't look THAT much older). As such, there are bound to be crushes and whatnot, some of which might develop into actually relationships, others of which probably won't.

Quote:
With just 3 episodes so far, I don't think you've given it enough time to be making such a definitive statement. So far, it's doing fine by me. Like any gag comedy (c.f. Nodame), it goes to extremes both in terms of situation (there is no way on earth Yachiyo wouldn't be arrested in real life) and physics (Takanashi should be dead by now...if Inami were actually that strong, anyway), but that doesn't mean that it can't have believable character development all the same.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but the first DVD is out in two days, with the Op and Ed single being part of the limited edition. It will also have character commentary written by mangaka Takatsu Karino, with Takanashi, Poplar and Kyoko serving for the first DVD (Satou and Yachiyo are slated for the second).
I get the feeling that I'm one of the only people here seriously considering buying this though...they really know how to push my buttons with those extras!

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-04-21 at 05:37.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 05:29   Link #211
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I get the feeling that I'm one of the only ones seriously considering buying this though...they really know how to push my buttons with those extras! [/SIZE]
You're not the only one My previous post.

*Sigh* With this, it means I'm currently importing 4 series at the moment (Darker Than Black 2, Kimi ni Todoke and Baka Test (blu-ray versions) being the other three)...actually 4.5 if I count in the 3rd OVA for Shakugan no Shana S being released in June. It's a shame the series is currently airing in SD and being released on DVD only instead of blu-ray.
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 06:06   Link #212
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Saw an image of an extra cut from the dvd version of episode 1..

Spoiler for Image:

Wonder why they took that scene out..i love that scene where Poplar brought out her secret weapon to counter her height weakness...

Oh and

Spoiler for Exeggutor in Working!!!!!!!!!!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
She does help at the counter too...and taking care of Wagnaria's staffs...and also arranging the working shift for the workers.

Quote:
Lol at Inami lesbian jokes. But don't worry, she'll come round soon enough.
Ahaa i'm waiting for that too...Inami is so cute at that point....i want her more and more
Old 2010-04-21, 06:18   Link #213
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
If this were real life, Otoo would be dead. It's been proven on mythbusters you can't catch a sword. Question is who will kill him first, Yachiyo or Inami-chan.
Yeah I actually saw that episode as well. I'm sure that Otoo is damn glad he is living in an anime and not real life . I think Yachiyo is probably his greatest threat. He has to bring Kyouko food from his trips due to her gluttony. He should be safe from Inami thanks to him not being around much and being "air."

Did like how Inami handled those complex questions though. It's all about instinct .
Old 2010-04-21, 06:59   Link #214
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow, for such a cute little comedy show, this show is awfully well directed. The pacing is constantly good and the smallest conversations leads up very well.

Then I saw Yoshimasa Hiraike's resumé and he has done some pretty impressive work. I can sorta see the influence he had on Kaleido Star 2nd season and he seems to have learned his comedy chops from stuff like Sketchbook Full Colors and even Juuden-chan. I hope he works more with these semi-slice-of-life, semi-comedies.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 10:50   Link #215
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Loved episode 3. The highlight of the episode for me was Nakata Jouji's character, Otoo-san. It's not often we get to see him in such roles, and he did a fantastic job at it. His backstory was just hilarious: searching for his missing wife that apparently doesn't even look human and that got lost during shopping (!!). I find the timing of the jokes in this anime is just perfect.

Then there's Kyouko and Yachiyo's backstory. As expected, Yachiyo is completely in love with Kyouko (and borderline yandere), but I didn't think this started THAT far back. We also know why she wears a katana all the time now, and the explanation was surprisingly simple. She wears a katana to defend herself and yet that's precisely the reason she was bullied. Oh, the irony. Loli Yachiyo was pretty cute...

About Kyouko, all I have to say is... she's living the dream.

PS: just when I was starting to think Poplar looks a little bit like my goddess Mikan, Saito rearranges her hair into a pineapple. That was pretty funny.
Old 2010-04-21, 12:12   Link #216
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
I wonder why Wagnaria hasn't been bankrupt. The manager doesn't work, one waitress has a katana with her, the other is violent to men. I can't bear to stay that kind of restaurant only one second.
And apparently they only serve rice omelette.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 12:40   Link #217
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Wow, for such a cute little comedy show, this show is awfully well directed. The pacing is constantly good and the smallest conversations leads up very well. Then I saw Yoshimasa Hiraike's resumé and he has done some pretty impressive work. I can sorta see the influence he had on Kaleido Star 2nd season and he seems to have learned his comedy chops from stuff like Sketchbook Full Colors and even Juuden-chan. I hope he works more with these semi-slice-of-life, semi-comedies.
He also directed, wrote, and storyboarded episode 3 of Mayoi Neko Overrun this week. That's a show I love and many people seem to loathe, so I can't guarantee satisfaction, but he did it, anyway. I'd call that show a sentimental moe slice-of-life comedy. It has a unique staff arrangement whereby the overall director (kantoku) changes every week.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 20:39   Link #218
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
lolol, she kept breaking the plates. Another nice episode.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 21:27   Link #219
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Loved episode 3. The highlight of the episode for me was Nakata Jouji's character, Otoo-san. It's not often we get to see him in such roles, and he did a fantastic job at it. His backstory was just hilarious: searching for his missing wife that apparently doesn't even look human and that got lost during shopping (!!). I find the timing of the jokes in this anime is just perfect.

Then there's Kyouko and Yachiyo's backstory. As expected, Yachiyo is completely in love with Kyouko (and borderline yandere), but I didn't think this started THAT far back. We also know why she wears a katana all the time now, and the explanation was surprisingly simple. She wears a katana to defend herself and yet that's precisely the reason she was bullied. Oh, the irony. Loli Yachiyo was pretty cute...

About Kyouko, all I have to say is... she's living the dream.

PS: just when I was starting to think Poplar looks a little bit like my goddess Mikan, Saito rearranges her hair into a pineapple. That was pretty funny.
At it's worst the relationship very stereotyical.

Another female protector and a girl who becomes slavishly devoted as a result.

Issues aside, that would make KitaEri's Kyouko 18 then?

Anyway what I've learnt from yuri shows according to visual hints.

Light colour (blonde) hair+Black Hair=gay
Genki, assertive Girl+Shy, introvert Girl=Gay
Someone tall and someone short=gay
Short hair+long hair=gay
Older girl+younger girl=gay

Did I miss anything?

Quote:
Did like how Inami handled those complex questions though. It's all about instinct
So traps, older men, shoutas and butch dykes...what would you hit first?

Quote:
And apparently they only serve rice omelette.
Shame this show doesn't give us recipes.

Quote:
Inami is so cute at that point....i want her more and more
Inami has made me a masochist. I want to get beaten up by a cute redhead at work. Possibly the only thing I find moe oddly.

Actually, I like her more because she is beating up that evil lolicon/pedophile and putting him in his place. Get rid of lolicon. And get rid of androphobia. It all makes sense. The fact that Jun is Lelouch makes it even more delicious. At least for me, she is the saviour of this show for putting lolicons in their place. Not that, I advocate beating up people who like loli shows in real life it's just that sometimes they annoy me with their obsession just like Katanashi. And if Takanashi/Inami doesn't work, we can go for 3rd option. Inami protects her older lover from that evil man/lolicon LeDouche.

This is Inami's new theme song
Spoiler for Rocky Inami:

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-04-21 at 22:38.
Old 2010-04-21, 22:14   Link #220
Sol Falling

Quote:
Anyway what I've learnt from yuri shows according to visual hints.

Light colour (blonde) hair+Black Hair=gay
Genki, assertive Girl+Shy, introvert Girl=Gay
Someone tall and someone short=gay
Short hair+long hair=gay
Older girl+younger girl=gay

Did I miss anything?
Your pic isn't working. But aside from that, if yuri were really that common, things would be a lot more awesome. Frankly speaking, I'm not seeing very much yuri here at all. Kyouko's acts can hardly be taken that way even with goggles. The emotional connection is just so lacking here that you could hardly even call it 'service'. I guess I'll have to watch this for other things...

Quote:
So traps, older men, shoutas and butch dykes...what would you hit first?
That's a terrible question. Within that selection, I suppose I would have to very reluctantly choose 'traps'. Such a act would still be very unfortunately gay though.

Anyway, the Inami x Takanashi is becoming kinda totally blatant. lol, wth was that? She's afraid of men, and yet she hides behind him? Not only that, but to stop herself from hitting the other guy, she hugs him? Yeah, their relationship right now is still entirely about inflicting pain and disgust respectively, but in terms of appearances it couldn't be more obvious. lol, not that I disapprove, of course.

Episode 3 was alright. Towards the end I was kinda thinking 'they seem to have run out of material'; most mysteries/points of interest have already been covered. Then they reminded me that there's still Satou-kun (er, or that blue-haired guy--maybe I've got the names mixed up). We'll see where they go after they finish covering him next episode.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen