AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-07-28, 03:45   Link #201
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
have to agree with the main point that Shiki's defeat wasn't really good...
considering he could fly and giga axe is one of luffy's slowest moves there's no reason he couldn't dodge it.
I was dissapointed from the fact he tries to

Spoiler for finale battle:
, shouldn't of a pirate of his calibre be smarter.

He also pulled a crocodile by underestimating luffy.

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2010-07-31 at 02:53. Reason: tag
ashesatdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 05:43   Link #202
Kallen4life

well Croc came much closer then Shiki in killing Luffy, although Luffy didn't have his gears back then .. and he lost pretty much because of his fruits weakness (not much can be done here) and still poisoned Luffy .. Croc's only mistake was not confirming his death twice - and he was sorta in a hurry .. here Shiki
Spoiler for movie:

then again Croc was a Magneficient Bastard and Shiki has an object stuck in his head, which may have given him brain damage :O
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 09:26   Link #203
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
well Croc came much closer then Shiki in killing Luffy, although Luffy didn't have his gears back then .. and he lost pretty much because of his fruits weakness (not much can be done here) and still poisoned Luffy .. Croc's only mistake was not confirming his death twice - and he was sorta in a hurry .. here Shiki
Spoiler for movie:

then again Croc was a Magneficient Bastard and Shiki has an object stuck in his head, which may have given him brain damage :O
Well consider this
Spoiler for possible spoilers:
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 03:40   Link #204
Distinction

Ye lol. He thinks he can defeat Garp Sengoku 3 logia Admirals, 7 Schichibukais, all VAs with this???????? The pirates that were comming were defeated by Guns and the animals (:O) although even Franky could beat 1. Shiki fought with Sengoku and Garp. 20 years later could Luffy take on Garp? Hell no. Sengoku? Hell no. He even stopped Sanji and Zorro like no problem just to wait for Luffys 10 min buildup attack -.- .

But everything else was great. The animals, the flying islands etc. Although i think just crashing Islands or big rocks in the East Blue citys would be equally and wouldnt take 20 years.

This Df is truly a monster. Just seeing the first fight with Shiki and SHs was just a show.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 21:19   Link #205
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Movie:
Old 2010-08-03, 06:59   Link #206
Paraden1989

alright, so does anyone have any suggestions as far as what websites to buy it when it comes out? I can't find a decent online anime store with decent imports
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:41   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
alright, so does anyone have any suggestions as far as what websites to buy it when it comes out? I can't find a decent online anime store with decent imports
CDJapan will do the job.
Old 2010-08-03, 09:58   Link #208
Paraden1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
CDJapan will do the job.
thanks! I've been looking for a website where i could get the dvd's imported!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 21:08   Link #209
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I saw it now that it has fiannly been subbed. It wasn't bad I wish it had some blood though in the fights.
Old 2010-08-28, 13:40   Link #210
Rainbowman

Now that the DVD/BRD of the movie is out, what are the new scenes like?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 22:56   Link #211
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

I have been hearing rumors about FUNimation wanting to license and english dub this movie ASAP, are they true?
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 23:18   Link #212
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
^ Possibly, but if they do it probably won't be for another couple of years or so, seeing as their dub of the anime itself is only up to the Skypiea arc.

Probably won't be dubbing it till they get to around the Sabaody Archipelago arc.
Old 2010-08-29, 23:35   Link #213
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
^ Possibly, but if they do it probably won't be for another couple of years or so, seeing as their dub of the anime itself is only up to the Skypiea arc.

Probably won't be dubbing it till they get to around the Sabaody Archipelago arc.
You have a good point there, they need to wait until Franky and Brook join the crew in the english dub.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 01:06   Link #214
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
a) Luffy never said he was made of rubber, so Shiki never knew that fact
His attacks always start with him screaming 'gomu gomu no..'.. -.-

I don't think its too hard to guess what his powers are.
Old 2010-08-30, 04:49   Link #215
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
This movie was pretty good.

Two things I disliked about it though:
1) The themes been done in One Piece so many times before that it seemed very unoriginal (I mean Nami kidnapped..again?)..it also made Nami and Robin both look weak and helpless which they are not.
This does make the third time in a movie that Nami had to be rescued or saved by Luffy. All while the rest of the crew are distracted by their own challengers.

First time was in the second movie One Piece: Clockwork Island Adventure. King Bear wants to make Nami his bride. To do that he thinks he needs to target Luffy. Nami spent more time wearing the straw hat than Luffy did in that movie.

There was the retelling of the Drum Island Arc, One Piece: Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in Winter, Miracle Sakura. In that one, Nami is dangerous ill and Luffy has to get Nami to a doctor. She spent most of the move sick and hardly did anything.

She plays the damsel in distress a lot. Even in Thriller Bark she was captured, but had to save herself.

The final scene
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
I have been hearing rumors about FUNimation wanting to license and english dub this movie ASAP, are they true?
I would love that rumor to be true. I write some guest articles on an anime/manga news and review site. (I wont say the name, because I don't want to chance violating any forum rules) I wrote an article on the One Piece one month hiatus, time skip, and what it could mean for the series future.
Well, I also planned to submit an article for the news page to talk about the release of the DVD of Strong World. I wrote FUNimation to try and get a comment. I've still haven't heard back from them, and I can't find anyplace where anyone has made comment about the movie coming to the US.

You would think it would be in their best interest. They started streaming the anime to undercut fansubers. With the release of the DVD in Japan, that's only going to improve the quality of the fansub version. It wont have that big "SAMPLE" on the top left corner anymore.

I think FUNimation should at least make a statement. Give some kind of time line. Didn't they put Fullmetal Alchemist :Brotherhood on the fast track? Hell, it would be cool if they offered to stream Strong World on a special day.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2010-08-30 at 05:04.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:46   Link #216
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
This movie was pretty good.

Two things I disliked about it though:
1) The themes been done in One Piece so many times before that it seemed very unoriginal (I mean Nami kidnapped..again?)..it also made Nami and Robin both look weak and helpless which they are not.

2) What happened with Shiki's elite? Shiki himself was too weak for someone who fouht equally with Roger, WB and the oldschool elites back in the days. Seriously if Shiki thought that his fleet of fodder pirates had any chance of toppling the World government (a fleet that was absolutely destroyed bby a group of pirates who were in turn destroyed singlehandedly by Kuma), he must've been kidding himself.
I completely agree I mean this is 10th anniversary right why was it so aboriginal, and I expected more from Shiki. Shiki is my main problem with the movie. I mean really he is the main villain here and you mean he got beat that easily.

Maybe he'd be much more stronger if he could make humans fly instead of just inanimate objects
Old 2010-08-31, 07:04   Link #217
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I completely agree I mean this is 10th anniversary right why was it so aboriginal, and I expected more from Shiki. Shiki is my main problem with the movie. I mean really he is the main villain here and you mean he got beat that easily.

Maybe he'd be much more stronger if he could make humans fly instead of just inanimate objects
Actually i think power over inanimate objects made him strong enough... i mean he completely wrecked the strawhat crew once he started using his powers. What's wrong in the movie is that he uses those powers a whole lot less in the final fight with Luffy... really with the last attack alone you can ask, why did shiki throw a few rocks when he showed that he can easily throw entire mountains? (not to mention that he should have been fast enough to move out of the way)

In fact the movie actually brings up questions about the chapter/episode 0 for strong world... namely why did he have a regular fleet of ships when facing roger instead of having a fleet of flying ships?

All in all, this is really a story that should have waited till much later in the series, when Luffy is able to actually compete with those of Admiral/Yonkou levels.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 16:42   Link #218
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually i think power over inanimate objects made him strong enough... i mean he completely wrecked the strawhat crew once he started using his powers. What's wrong in the movie is that he uses those powers a whole lot less in the final fight with Luffy... really with the last attack alone you can ask, why did shiki throw a few rocks when he showed that he can easily throw entire mountains? (not to mention that he should have been fast enough to move out of the way)

In fact the movie actually brings up questions about the chapter/episode 0 for strong world... namely why did he have a regular fleet of ships when facing roger instead of having a fleet of flying ships?

All in all, this is really a story that should have waited till much later in the series, when Luffy is able to actually compete with those of Admiral/Yonkou levels.
Oh yea that first fight was pretty good. The final fight was a big issue. I mean if he could beat Luffy once then he could have did it again. He really didn't use his powers a lot here. So yea I kinda agree with you too, but Shiki is still a issue for me then. I mean why did he stop using his powers.

I bet this would have been so much better if this was after Luffy finished his training with Raliegh
Old 2010-08-31, 21:55   Link #219
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Why were Shiki's subordinates so weak as well?

Quote:
Maybe because he hadn't mastered his DF to that extent back then?
Old 2010-08-31, 23:25   Link #220
Slayerx

Quote:
Maybe because he hadn't mastered his DF to that extent back then?
That makes things even worse... That implies that not only was he competing with Roger in terms of strength 20 years ago, but that in those 2 decades he had grown even stronger... MUCH stronger when you consider how much damage he can do when he's on his turf.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote