AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-08-09, 09:50   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece Movie 9: Episode of Chopper Plus - Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura

Movie released on the 1st March 2008.

From One Piece Wiki
Quote:
Released on March 1, 2008, it is a remake of the Drum Island arc (essentially a "what if" story), with Franky and Robin featured as being with the crew and the Thousand Sunny as the ship.

In addition to Wapol, Chess and Kuromarimo, Wapol's older brother, Musshuru appears, with a new Devil Fruit power that allows him to produce poisonous spores. The film reveals that he too had been exiled from Drum Island and is seeking his revenge.
ANN: One Piece: Episode of Chopper + Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura
AniDB: One Piece: Episode of Chopper Plus - Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 13:13   Link #2
Rainbowman

I'm surprised no one thought to request this thread now that it's recently made. At any rate, feel free to discuss any of the differences between this movie and the original story arc that it's based from.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 15:12   Link #3
james0246

What's to discuss? The movie ruins a perfectly good arc by adding extra characters that shouldn't be there (Franky and Robin) an unnecessarily strong villain, and destroys most of the emotional impact. That being said, the begining scene of Blackbeard destroying Drum is cool, and the final scene of Sakura Snowfall is very pretty. Besides that, alomst eveything in between makes very little sense.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 16:13   Link #4
Prestige

This movie is very pointless and even bit insulting

Drum Island-arc is one of my favorites and Choppers past got me to tears but this movie feels like raping and bastardisation of nice arc to get some money.

I have no urges to watch this particular clip, I rather enjoy Oda's original version of Drum Island.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 16:39   Link #5
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
What's to discuss? The movie ruins a perfectly good arc by adding extra characters that shouldn't be there (Franky and Robin) an unnecessarily strong villain, and destroys most of the emotional impact. That being said, the begining scene of Blackbeard destroying Drum is cool, and the final scene of Sakura Snowfall is very pretty. Besides that, alomst eveything in between makes very little sense.
I guess I could agree with you in that perspective. The biggest plothole with this movie would be: Musshuru and his Devil Fruit- Noko Noko no Mi. Sure the first 7 movies may not be canon, but they have some tie-ins with the animated series wheras this movie and movie 8 have no tie-ins whatsoever. If only we knew the entire list of devil fruits that would be listed by Dr. Vegapunk, then we could see if there are any devil fruits that exist or not.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 18:28   Link #6
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
The biggest plothole with this movie would be: Musshuru and his Devil Fruit- Noko Noko no Mi. Sure the first 7 movies may not be canon, but they have some tie-ins with the animated series wheras this movie and movie 8 have no tie-ins whatsoever. If only we knew the entire list of devil fruits that would be listed by Dr. Vegapunk, then we could see if there are any devil fruits that exist or not.
so.. to those of us that don't plan to watch the movie, care to explain what his power is?
Old 2009-08-11, 19:58   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
so.. to those of us that don't plan to watch the movie, care to explain what his power is?
Musshuru had a Mushroom based ability that allowed him to use super efficient poison, as well as the ability to create clones of himself, and use some sort of weird 'beam' attacks by shooting out mushrooms at a fast pace . It was a stupidly powerful fruit.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 16:01   Link #8
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Musshuru had a Mushroom based ability that allowed him to use super efficient poison, as well as the ability to create clones of himself, and use some sort of weird 'beam' attacks by shooting out mushrooms at a fast pace . It was a stupidly powerful fruit.
ok, I can believe those first 2, but a mushroom beam? really?
Old 2010-06-17, 06:30   Link #9
michael889vintor

Anything can be overpowered in the world of one piece. It depends on how innovative the user is right? like Luffy, his gomu gomu no mi was not intially for that but with his innovation he was able to create a gear 2nd and 3rd ability which goes beyond the terms "stretching rubber"
michael889vintor is offline   Reply With Quote