AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-10, 23:56   Link #1
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Luminous Arc 3 Eyes

3 キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!

Finally the 3rd game in the series arrives...

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/Luminous3/

(・ω・`) No cute girls so far...
The age of the characters so far seems older than the previous two...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 00:14   Link #2
DeotoxSlayer

I though the 2 girls in the image were pretty cute <__<

I wonder if they'll finally have an ending for each of the witches instead of how they had just 1ending in Luminous arc and only 2 endings in Luminous arc 2. Though i also wonder if they can fit all those different ending in one cartridge.

Also I hope they don't make it as hard to get the different endings as they did in Luminous Arc 2. I mean I didn't even know there was a Fatima ending until i saw a youtube video and then i had to use a FAQ to get to know how to get the ending.
Old 2009-08-11, 00:44   Link #3
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I never realised the LA series was this popular to get a 3rd game.

I have the first 2, Im definately getting this one. And the male lead actually looks like a tough guy now woot.
Old 2009-08-11, 00:55   Link #4
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I never realised the LA series was this popular to get a 3rd game.
I remember reading that it was originally planned to be a 3-game series somewhere.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-08-11, 01:15   Link #5
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I remember reading that it was originally planned to be a 3-game series somewhere.
Really?

I didn't really think that they would plan that considering that the first 2 games aren't connected and usually those plans are for actual trilogies.
Old 2009-08-12, 02:49   Link #6
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ooh, LA 3. I never finished both games lol. Always got bored on the last stage(feel like th cliche getting piled up along the way and lost interests in the end). Maybe this is a good time doing so.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 03:00   Link #7
kujoe
from head to heel

I actually like the fact that the characters generally seem older now or at least look that way; however, I think the characters who are yet to be shown will prove otherwise.

Famitsu scans and more info can be found at RPGamer. (Scroll down to "Eyes on You")
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 04:22   Link #8
Shadow Kira01

The age of the characters seem older than the previous games which seems better IMO. I can't wait to see a trailer or at least more characters. I wonder what sort of new feature this time around. In the second game, there is the "engagement" special attack with witches against the enemies.
Old 2009-08-12, 09:46   Link #9
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Famitsu scans and more info can be found at RPGamer. (Scroll down to "Eyes on You")
Oh!

It seems there are multiple endings this time.

(Unrelated, but the green monsters looked like Sheimi's Sky Form for a moment...)
The general battle system hasn't changed though (of course).
Though the way they show the order of movement seems to have changed for the better (they say so too), and you can choose a difficulty level now.

When you level up, you can choose "Balance" or "Unique", which determines how the stats grow. <--Only two...

This time you can move on the field?
You can also become more friendly with NPCs this time too.

Protagonist (Refi <--Pronunciation) is voiced by Ono Daisuke.
Heroine, Eruru (and Aruru and Oboroboro... Wrong series) is voiced by Nakamura Eriko.
Ashurei (Ashley?) is voiced by Mizuki Nana.
Guren (Gren?) is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu.

It is supposed to be released in Winter.
Again Winter... My money...

Old 2009-08-12, 10:59   Link #10
DeotoxSlayer

If its coming out this winter they must have been working on it for quite some time. I hope it gets stateside, which if it does and follows the trends of Luminous Arc and Luminous arc 2 would be out in June, July or August of 2010.

I'm glad to hear about the alternate endings. Also from the screenshots i like the way they changed the in battle art, with the sprites and everything.

Kinda funny that we were saying that the characters look older when they end up being school students. Seems like they'll be about the same agae as the previous characters. If not a little bit older.

EDIT: From the bottom right of the second scan on RPGamer it seems like we can actually walk around from area to area instead of choosing an area then having a cutscene and battle there, am i interpriting those pictures correctly or not?
Old 2009-08-12, 14:15   Link #11
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Yeah, looks like you can move around freely around the environment this time around, which is much nicer than just picking and choosing a locale.

That's minor stuff to me though, because what I really want from this series is for it to tweak it's battle system so it can make me feel like I'm actually playing a SRPG. Ah well, the dating-sim elements are still here though, and multiple endings means more fun with those cute girls~
Old 2009-08-12, 14:19   Link #12
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Yeah, looks like you can move around freely around the environment this time around, which is much nicer than just picking and choosing a locale.

That's minor stuff to me though, because what I really want from this series is for it to tweak it's battle system so it can make me feel like I'm actually playing a SRPG. Ah well, the dating-sim elements are still here though, and multiple endings means more fun with those cute girls~
This is what im most excited for, i hope this means an ending for each of the the witches instead of just the 2 that were in Luminous arc 2.
Old 2009-08-12, 15:35   Link #13
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
Protagonist (Refi <--Pronunciation) is voiced by Ono Daisuke.
Heroine, Eruru (and Aruru and Oboroboro... Wrong series) is voiced by Nakamura Eriko.
Ashurei (Ashley?) is voiced by Mizuki Nana.
Guren (Gren?) is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu.
I read "Eruru" as "Elle" and "Guren" as "Glen". I'm not sure of the proper Romanization, but that's my take anyway.

Eruru is the heroine, but Ashley has already caught my eye. I like the "rose knight" getup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer
Kinda funny that we were saying that the characters look older when they end up being school students. Seems like they'll be about the same agae as the previous characters. If not a little bit older.
I think it's more of a natural progression of the artist's style rather than a character design requirement set forth by the story or premise.
Old 2009-08-12, 15:39   Link #14
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I read "Eruru" as "Elle" and "Guren" as "Glen". I'm not sure of the proper Romanization, but that's my take anyway.

Eruru is the heroine, but Ashley has already caught my eye. I like the "rose knight" getup.

I think it's more of a natural progression of the artist's style rather than a character design requirement set forth by the story or premise.
Wait so which one's Eruru and which ones Ashley?

That's probably right, though when i played Luminous Arc 2 after beating Luminous Arc i though the artists were different because of the change in art style.
Old 2009-08-12, 15:51   Link #15
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Wait so which one's Eruru and which ones Ashley?

That's probably right, though when i played Luminous Arc 2 after beating Luminous Arc i though the artists were different because of the change in art style.
Eruru - green-haired girl wielding a magic staff on the upper left side of the first scan.
Ashley - pink-haired girl wielding a rapier on the lower left side.
Old 2009-08-12, 15:56   Link #16
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Oh god, I want this game already D:
Old 2009-08-12, 16:08   Link #17
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Eruru - green-haired girl wielding a magic staff on the upper left side of the first scan.
Ashley - pink-haired girl wielding a rapier on the lower left side.
Wait so the green/blue haired girl is the main heroine then sweet. I thought the red/pink haired one with the rapier that looks like Althea was the main girl.
Old 2009-08-12, 20:36   Link #18
Shadow Kira01

Which guy is the protagonist?

The black-hair individual on the left or the blonde dude on the right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Wait so the green/blue haired girl is the main heroine then sweet. I thought the red/pink haired one with the rapier that looks like Althea was the main girl.
That's what I thought too..
Old 2009-08-12, 21:12   Link #19
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

That's what I thought too..
Well i'm happy I prefered the look of the Blue haired girl anyways.

I believe the blonde guy with the giant weirdly shaped purple and blue glowing sword is the protaganist.
Old 2009-08-12, 23:26   Link #20
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

The blonde.