AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-01, 22:09   Link #681
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post

Spoiler for ep 05:
Spoiler for ep 05:


Also I have to agree the Hikari no Senritsu PV was extremely fitting for the song is great of course.
While the PV for Girls, Be Ambitious was bit silly like the ED theme is so it's fitting, and I really the full version of the song .
__________________
Mimori Togo & Yuuna Yuuki -Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Avatar By RRW; Sig by Auxilism
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 22:42   Link #682
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Another nice episode......

I like how Noel remains utterly expressionless in whatever situation.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 23:24   Link #683
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
I just listened to Mirai Tokei[the side B for Girls, Be Ambitious], and it would have been soooo much more of a fitting ED for this show given mood the OP sets.
__________________
Mimori Togo & Yuuna Yuuki -Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Avatar By RRW; Sig by Auxilism
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 23:46   Link #684
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Kureha plays the tuba.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 00:18   Link #685
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Another nice episode......

I like how Noel remains utterly expressionless in whatever situation.
I wouldn't call muttering for Kuraha to shut up with that kind of face expressionless.


Or these:



I think by this ep any accusation of a Rei clone can be shot down conclusively, she's just as emotional and expressive but prefers to keep it to herself.

I mean come on!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 00:58   Link #686
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 32
She's just exhausted.

Heh.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 01:27   Link #687
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I wouldn't call muttering for Kuraha to shut up with that kind of face expressionless.


Or these:



I think by this ep any accusation of a Rei clone can be shot down conclusively, she's just as emotional and expressive but prefers to keep it to herself.

I mean come on!
Wasn't the last one because her joke failed due to said lack of expression?

Surname Fessor

First name Pro
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 02:18   Link #688
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 29
Went through the outpost hologram shot by shot and so far in order of appearance I got:
音羽葉水白碧鳥山世空靜色果文

significance unknown, makes no sense in mandarin and sure as hell none in jap.

However just before the words disappear 文 and 山 overlapped and became ...
Those who don't know jap of mandarin can refer to the fortune cookie for what it means.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 02:27   Link #689
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Well if anything this episode shows the girls healthy heterosexuals much to disappointment of yuri fans.

Kureha is a ojikon while Noel it seems have a penpal.

Klaus is a lucky bastad that manages to visit a girls outpost occasionally.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 06:05   Link #690
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
So Kanata can write her name in japanese although she can't read it?
Sophrosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 06:42   Link #691
Roardel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophrosyne View Post
So Kanata can write her name in japanese although she can't read it?
Children in Japan sometimes can write his/her name in kanji while he/she can't read most of kanjis. That's no wondering.

Just like "π" or "Θ". Even if you don't know any Greek words, you can white "π" or "Θ" in the math class.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 07:21   Link #692
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Went through the outpost hologram shot by shot and so far in order of appearance I got:
音羽葉水白碧鳥山世空靜色果文

significance unknown, makes no sense in mandarin and sure as hell none in jap.

However just before the words disappear 文 and 山 overlapped and became ...
Those who don't know jap of mandarin can refer to the fortune cookie for what it means.
Enemy detected? But no one sensed anything out the ordinary....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 07:22   Link #693
Syntron
Shiny Hardware
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well if anything this episode shows the girls healthy heterosexuals much to disappointment of yuri fans.

Kureha is a ojikon while Noel it seems have a penpal.

Klaus is a lucky bastad that manages to visit a girls outpost occasionally.
My theory still stands that Filicia may have a special relationship with Rio. I dont want to call it yuri yet, but just look at the last scene with them all together in the cave taking a bath... Filicia is placed kinda odd, towards Rio. Subtile, but noticeable. But maybe i am seeing ghosts...

There is also a clue about Rio hidden in EP5, but im not going there yet, could be anything.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 07:30   Link #694
Roardel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Japan
We will find yuri-ness of Sora No Woto in the game.
Some pictures of the game are shown at "Dengeki online."

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/233/233575/

Rio proposes marriage to Kanata?
Cat-ear Noel in bed with Kureha.
Wow, that's great.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 16:51   Link #695
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
My theory still stands that Filicia may have a special relationship with Rio. I dont want to call it yuri yet, but just look at the last scene with them all together in the cave taking a bath... Filicia is placed kinda odd, towards Rio. Subtile, but noticeable. But maybe i am seeing ghosts...

There is also a clue about Rio hidden in EP5, but im not going there yet, could be anything.
sigh was is it these days when two characters are close people yay out "omg yuri" can't they just be best friends. Just like in Gai Rei anime good thing the manga set things clear about their relationship.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:17   Link #696
durack
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
sigh was is it these days when two characters are close people yay out "omg yuri" can't they just be best friends. Just like in Gai Rei anime good thing the manga set things clear about their relationship.

It's all marketing.

They gotta try to drop a few hints to pull in some yuri fans, but at the same time if they make it too blatant, they will lose fans who are NOT into yuri.

Then again, it may be just some yuri fans see yuri any time a show has more than one female character.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:22   Link #697
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
It's all marketing.

They gotta try to drop a few hints to pull in some yuri fans, but at the same time if they make it too blatant, they will lose fans who are NOT into yuri.

Then again, it may be just some yuri fans see yuri any time a show has more than one female character.
Pretty much.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:31   Link #698
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Went through the outpost hologram shot by shot and so far in order of appearance I got:
音羽葉水白碧鳥山世空靜色果文

significance unknown, makes no sense in mandarin and sure as hell none in jap.

However just before the words disappear 文 and 山 overlapped and became ...
Those who don't know jap of mandarin can refer to the fortune cookie for what it means.
So what did all of that mean?
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:42   Link #699
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So what did all of that mean?
I guess he's refering to Rio's fortune cookie:

Sophrosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 18:20   Link #700
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Noel using her helmet to drench Kureha and Kanata was priceless.
"Just for the heck of it".

She's warming to be much more than the Ayanami/Nagato clone she first appeared, and that's good.

Loved the last outpost at the end of the inhabited world, with all the names carved on it, all the previous fortress maidens who came to see the end of the world and say "we were here". A beautiful scene.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, drama, military, music, seinen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.