AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-14, 03:13   Link #581
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Yeah, just can't get enough of Cheria. Laura Bailey is so darn adorable.

Such a shame you can't use her at all during childhood phase.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I was looking for this thread in the Games subforum wondering why no one had made a thread for it.
Actually, I ALMOST made a thread in the games part. Luckily enough, I realized that none of the Tales series had an entry, so I saved myself the humiliation when I remembered the Tales series had a subforum since Abyss anime lol.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 06:27   Link #582
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Lol, looks like the first batch of DLC have been released for the PSN. It looks like you can bypass getting the ingame costumes for each character for about $1.99 a piece. The free DLCs are the children's wear and some duilization items.
__________________
sigpic81007_2
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 21:26   Link #583
Excorsism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Got my copy from PoopStop. I want to play this full force but alas, I must keep myself disciplined because of finals next week!

Lol@ the phrase on the back "Bonds of Friendship are eternal." I hope that doesn't scare some people away.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32974&dateline=119918  5263
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 22:45   Link #584
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Spent 22 hours playing the game...

Only to find out that I can't transfer the data from my home PS3 to my main PS3 at college because the save files won't be compatible or something. *Sigh* Looks like I'm going to have to start all over again. Oh well, at least the game is fun.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:53   Link #585
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Whats the difference between A-Artes and B-Artes?

Also, is it me, or does the titles change by themselves? I could have swore I equip one but after the fight I find a different title getting leveled up...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:59   Link #586
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Whats the difference between A-Artes and B-Artes?

Also, is it me, or does the titles change by themselves? I could have swore I equip one but after the fight I find a different title getting leveled up...
They're different for each character, though a fair rule of thumb is that A artes are weaker and more combo friendly, while B artes are your burst damage, specialty skills.

For example, Cheria throws knives for A-Artes while most of her magic is is B-Artes. Malik is the same way: he uses his dagger to in A, while his spells are B.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:04   Link #587
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They're different for each character, though a fair rule of thumb is that A artes are weaker and more combo friendly, while B artes are your burst damage, specialty skills.

For example, Cheria throws knives for A-Artes while most of her magic is is B-Artes. Malik is the same way: he uses his dagger to in A, while his spells are B.
Hmmm I see... Because there's now no 'Mana' or rather 'TP' so I was wondering what's the difference... Thanks for clearing that up Btw at this point I've only been mashing buttons in hopes of doing something badass, but assuming you have the points, can you combo A and B artes seamlessly, or is there a process like in Vesperia where certain artes can only be chained after certain artes?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:42   Link #588
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm I see... Because there's now no 'Mana' or rather 'TP' so I was wondering what's the difference... Thanks for clearing that up Btw at this point I've only been mashing buttons in hopes of doing something badass, but assuming you have the points, can you combo A and B artes seamlessly, or is there a process like in Vesperia where certain artes can only be chained after certain artes?
You're mostly free to use whatever you want until your CC runs out. You're free to mash the same arte over and over, but the CC system prevents you from doing infinites. However, you are still encouraged to combo, because your max CC increases and it's how you do your Blast Caliburs.
Each character has a min~max CC range. The bar rises as you combo, which will increase your max CC when you regenerate it the next time.

On a side note, for the spellcasters, comboing into your spells will reduce the casting time. However, that really isn't necessary unless you're soloing with Chera, Malik, or Pascal. Otherwise, you can let them sit back and cast like regular mages.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-03-17 at 21:55.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 11:11   Link #589
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Also, is it me, or does the titles change by themselves? I could have swore I equip one but after the fight I find a different title getting leveled up...
The title selection actually does change automatically when you completely finish learning all the abilities for it. This is so you don't waste points because you forgot to change the title manually.

Pretty much A Artes are physical attacks, and B Artes are your magic attacks/spells.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 12:58   Link #590
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Pretty much A Artes are physical attacks, and B Artes are your magic attacks/spells.
That's not entirely true for all characters. I wanted to avoid that because characters like Asbel are all physical.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 16:22   Link #591
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The title selection actually does change automatically when you completely finish learning all the abilities for it. This is so you don't waste points because you forgot to change the title manually.
Yes, I realized this a bit late The default setting has it change titles after hitting 3rd rank so that was the reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's not entirely true for all characters. I wanted to avoid that because characters like Asbel are all physical.
There seem to be a crap-load of attributes this time What ever happened to keeping it simple with elements ?


P.S - "It's called a 'Rockgagong' right? I suppose it takes rocks and 'GAGONG!' people with it!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 16:30   Link #592
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There seem to be a crap-load of attributes this time What ever happened to keeping it simple with elements ?
It's not exactly fair to most of the characters when only one or two of them have access to multiple elements.

The game encourages you to take advantage of super effective/Weak Hit damage as much as possible, so they needed attack attributes that are applicable to all characters.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 16:39   Link #593
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You're mostly free to use whatever you want until your CC runs out. You're free to mash the same arte over and over,
Can you really? I've always only been able to chain 2 of the same B-Arte with Asbel. before I have to transition to another one.

Just spent a 16-hour run. The game is definitely fun, and I like the characters for what they are. The post-battle skits are awesome.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 16:50   Link #594
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Man i played 30 hours straights during this week end.

That was "bueno", at first I was rooting for Sophie, but well no, Cheria is by far better, a bit tsundere and possessive girl, it's perfect, yes perfect.

Well I should finish it soon, I will do a new start for the accelerate mode and have more titles/side quest.

The story is good so far, as ever, when we learn the real identities of people, we are always is a "WTF" state, even if I guessed the thing with Richard since a moment.

I'm wondering whether I should import Xillia or not now, My japenese improved and as long as there aren't too difficult kanji I can understand... Meeh having to wait 2 years for the next tales of is kind of hard.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:32   Link #595
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Can you really? I've always only been able to chain 2 of the same B-Arte with Asbel. before I have to transition to another one.
Well, I see people alternate between the same two artes during Arles Rise all the time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:44   Link #596
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

That was "bueno", at first I was rooting for Sophie, but well no, Cheria is by far better, a bit tsundere and possessive girl, it's perfect, yes perfect.
Sophie is cute, but Cheria is love

And of course, Pascal is lolz
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 20:38   Link #597
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Pascal is awesome. Not as good as Rita, but still fun. Plus her magic is pwn. I didn't like this battle system early on, when you don't have enough CC or characters to really fight without having to stop and sit there, but now that I'm past that I'm loving it. In Vesperia and Xillia, I always had my healers just stand there and maybe use the cheapest arte possible (like, the 6 MP ones) to conserve MP for necessary fights. But in this, everyone can just go all out all the time.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 03:41   Link #598
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sophie is cute, but Cheria is love

And of course, Pascal is lolz
Yeah too bad i noticed it When shen she cried.

Otherwise rolf lmao pascal "hey what's an airhead? Someone so smart they can control air with their mind".


Lolololol, i died when i heard that
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 05:34   Link #599
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

Otherwise rolf lmao pascal "hey what's an airhead? Someone so smart they can control air with their mind".


Lolololol, i died when i heard that

Heh, my favorite is still "Royal Crabcakes ?! Royal Crabcakes~~"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 06:40   Link #600
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Been playing with hard mode since the beginning of the game and got beaten pretty often in each fight Could someone give me a tips or two so I wont get beaten that much? In case it would help, I had managed to get until that fortress inflitration event and finally beat the boss in that dungeon

Also, what's the difference between mastered title and level 5 title in terms of its skills?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
game, games, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.