AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-08, 22:13   Link #641
AC730
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Like for any series of any sort, there is usually some sort of amount that is expected by audiences. But not all authors have to obey this expected amount, like omimon has mentioned.

I do hope Nisio does write more, and he probably will because of character development. There's always room for that~ Although I'm a bit sad he is trying write off Hachikuji.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 19:21   Link #642
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The next novel will be about Hachikuji Mayoi judging from the title

A Jiang Shi is a Chinese undead vampire, so maybe she gets an "upgrade" from wandering spirit?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 01:58   Link #643
AC730
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The next novel will be about Hachikuji Mayoi judging from the title

A Jiang Shi is a Chinese undead vampire, so maybe she gets an "upgrade" from wandering spirit?
Now that you mentioned Jiang Shi as undead vampire, that's really interesting...
It's hard to say if it will involve Araragi + Shinobu?

Now the other novel is about Tsubasa's family, no?
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 19:42   Link #644
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The next novel will be about Hachikuji Mayoi judging from the title

A Jiang Shi is a Chinese undead vampire, so maybe she gets an "upgrade" from wandering spirit?
Aren't vampires usually considered to be undead already Well, Araragi isn't really dead himself actually but still.

But yeah, the other one focuses more on Hanekawa.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:43   Link #645
Makyz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Send a message via AIM to Makyz
finally found a thread that might be able to help me!

my cosplay group is doing bakemonogatari and there are a limited amount of male slots since Koyomi and Meme are already taken, so my only options are:





out of the three vampire hunters (??) shown in the intro, that is the one I fit the most.

I don't even know his name!

I was hoping if anyone in this thread could identify him, or give a short little bio about what he is about and what mannerisms he has!

I promise to make this epic and spread the Bakemonogatari love!
Makyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 19:10   Link #646
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
From the translations provided by omimon - Guillotinecutter. (The three of them appear in chapter 5 of Kizu).

Have fun!
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 06:20   Link #647
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
So I was re-reading Nise 1 and it seems that Kaiki knows Kanbaru's mom and that her last name before she got married was "Gaen." (I only slimmed through it the first time.) The reason why I brought this up is because that there is a lot of talk in this thread about how the senpai of Kaiki and Oshino was a female and now I'm beginning to think that just maybe.....Kanbaru's dead mother was their senpai. But let's think about this logically.... Oshino is in his thirties so naturally, the senpai has to be in her thirties too. Kanbaru is 16 years old so it is technically possible that she had her when she was in her early twenties.....what does everyone here think?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 15:46   Link #648
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So I was re-reading Nise 1 and it seems that Kaiki knows Kanbaru's mom and that her last name before she got married was "Gaen." (I only slimmed through it the first time.) The reason why I brought this up is because that there is a lot of talk in this thread about how the senpai of Kaiki and Oshino was a female and now I'm beginning to think that just maybe.....Kanbaru's dead mother was their senpai. But let's think about this logically.... Oshino is in his thirties so naturally, the senpai has to be in her thirties too. Kanbaru is 16 years old so it is technically possible that she had her when she was in her early twenties.....what does everyone here think?
From the original stories, I didn't get the impression that Kanbaru's mother was anything but ordinary. Her family might be famous -- which is why Kaiki knew of her -- but she herself probably avoided the occult side of things.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 19:20   Link #649
Jonothon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Intriguing possibility. I have wondered how Kanbaru's mother acquired the cursed monkey arm in the first place. Its not something that a normal person would have or even find, but someone who was in that club with Oshino and the others .... ?
Jonothon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:27   Link #650
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Saw this on another forum (you all know which one =.=')

Quote:
7月28日発売
『猫物語(黒)』
著者:西尾維新
illustration:VOFAN
予価:1,365円(税込)


それは美しき吸血鬼と出遭った春休みの後――空から女の子が降ってくる、少し前。
おさげに眼鏡、成績優秀、品行方正、委員長の中の委員長、羽川翼。化物語のファーストヒロインである彼女が 、ゴールデンウィークに魅せられた怪異とは!? これが阿良々木暦の初恋だ!(source)
Shitty TL:
Quote:
After meeting the beautiful vampire during Spring Break--a little bit before a girl fell from the sky.

Wearing glasses pig-tailed hair, excellent grades, well mannered, the class monitor among class monitor, Tsubasa Hanekawa. The first heroine of Bakemonogatari, got seduced by oddities in golden week?! This is Koyomi Araragi's first love!
#$*& you Nisio, adding random shit again. This is total bs if the story turns out to be anything like the description is implying.

/jumps on the rage wagon early.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 16:32   Link #651
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Saw this on another forum (you all know which one =.=')



Shitty TL:


#$*& you Nisio, adding random shit again. This is total bs if the story turns out to be anything like the description is implying.

/jumps on the rage wagon early.
Now, now, I thought we all understand Nisio's style by now. Nisio said already that since he can't imagine Hiroshi as a pervert he is already toning down the Araragi-ness. But of course he can totally pull a 180 on us.

Man, I'll be SOOOO happy if he pulled the amnesia card and it turns out that those two did the nastiness shit ever but then it turns out Araragi couldn't remember any of it and that's why he said he was a virgin in Crab.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 17:29   Link #652
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I don't mind if he pulls the amnesia card, but he better put a spin to it because that's what I expect from him. Somehow, I'm guessing his first love is a non-human. I guess I should read Kizu soon (I swear I've said this like 20 pages back I still have yet to read it) if Shinobu turns out to be his first love since she was involved in the first cat incident.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:47   Link #653
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I don't mind if he pulls the amnesia card, but he better put a spin to it because that's what I expect from him. Somehow, I'm guessing his first love is a non-human. I guess I should read Kizu soon (I swear I've said this like 20 pages back I still have yet to read it) if Shinobu turns out to be his first love since she was involved in the first cat incident.
Man, I would be SOOOO happy if that was true. Shinobu action is awesome.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:55   Link #654
LotionExplosion
is in Despair
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Not to be totally off topic but, requesting
Translation of Nadeko plays Twister with Koyomi.
Or.. do I request this on the Novel translation thread?
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 01:18   Link #655
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Saw this on another forum (you all know which one =.=')



Shitty TL:


#$*& you Nisio, adding random shit again. This is total bs if the story turns out to be anything like the description is implying.

/jumps on the rage wagon early.
You know I realized something and I re-watched episode 15 and Araragi said that Senjougahara is the first woman he has ever really loved.....I'm beginning to think that Nisio really will pull an amnesia card on us. But I realized that there is no way Nisio has gotten all of the plot points down from the very beginning since in Crab he keeps saying that Araragi was "attacked" by a vampire and so does Oshino but as the last episode says and what the people who have read Kizu knows, that's not really true. Plotholes, plotholes, plotholes. Well most likely it won't be Tsubasa since he keeps saying he didn't that way ever about Tsubasa.....so please let it be Shinobu.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 02:07   Link #656
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Ah, that would explain so much. His lolicon tendencies were wiped but the body wants what the body wants.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 04:15   Link #657
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
About that "first love" thing...

"hatsukoi" tends to refer to something really immature, like "puppy love", your first crush, if you wish...and it can be (and often is) unrequited...
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 04:30   Link #658
AC730
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You know I realized something and I re-watched episode 15 and Araragi said that Senjougahara is the first woman he has ever really loved.....I'm beginning to think that Nisio really will pull an amnesia card on us. But I realized that there is no way Nisio has gotten all of the plot points down from the very beginning since in Crab he keeps saying that Araragi was "attacked" by a vampire and so does Oshino but as the last episode says and what the people who have read Kizu knows, that's not really true. Plotholes, plotholes, plotholes. Well most likely it won't be Tsubasa since he keeps saying he didn't that way ever about Tsubasa.....so please let it be Shinobu.
The man is either a retard or a genius leaving that kind of plothole... But I don't think it's a plothole either. Awww... He's in love with... Uhhh... Which one is it? It says he was seduced by oddities? Or maybe he went ahead and started his harem before then. But then again, what's that reason again for Shinobu giving the silent treatment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Ah, that would explain so much. His lolicon tendencies were wiped but the body wants what the body wants.
I thought it was "the heart wants what the heart wants." LOL! And his heart wants LOLI'S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
About that "first love" thing...

"hatsukoi" tends to refer to something really immature, like "puppy love", your first crush, if you wish...and it can be (and often is) unrequited...
Yeah... See here, Araragi isn't the type to have this kind of love. I can't picture him lovestruck like that. Senjougahara's relationship is like built on fear or something. LOL! Yeah I think I exaggerated a little bit.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 04:48   Link #659
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
Yeah... See here, Araragi isn't the type to have this kind of love. I can't picture him lovestruck like that. Senjougahara's relationship is like built on fear or something. LOL! Yeah I think I exaggerated a little bit.
Not lovestruck, but just liking someone. You can have a crush without being lovestruck (well, I've had one). Personally, I just can't see him taking any steps towards a proper relationship unless it's forced on him, at least within the time frame we're talking about (Spring break through to June). He did have something like zero self-confidence just before he entered 3rd year (i.e. until Spring break).

And no matter what his "less than pure" actions and/or reactions say, the way he actually treats those who are important to him, especially in serious situations, suggests that he hasn't quite become completely "carnivorous" yet - if he does become so in Nise and beyond anyway...
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes



Last edited by karice67; 2011-06-08 at 00:53.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:16   Link #660
AC730
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Not lovestruck, but just liking someone. You can have a crush without being lovestruck (well, I've had one). Personally, I just can't see him taking any steps towards a proper relationship unless it's forced on him, at least within the time frame we're talking about (Spring break through to June). He did have something like zero self-confidence just before he entered 3rd year (i.e. until Spring break).

And no matter what his "less than pure" actions and/or reactions say, the way he actually treats those who are important to him, especially in serious situations, suggests that he hasn't quite become completely "carnivourous" yet - if he does become so in Nise and beyond anyway...
Yeah, that's probably not the right word... That's kinda like how he interacted with Senjougahara and Hanekawa, where he just like stood in the friend zone until someone or something offered or forced him to move out of there. The guy has no faith in himself... He's a bit of a slow thinker too. With the recent episode in mind he's like "Yeah I can die for Hanekawa... Oh wait I can't because Tsundere-chan will kill her." And that did show his concerning side where he knew he was important to others. Still, can't to hear what's in Nekomonogatari.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, nishio, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.