AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-05, 16:20   Link #661
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Or it can just be that people are reading too much into the blurb and the love being referred to isn't even a girl... Word play in my -monotari?! Perish the thought. This is much preferable compared to the amnesia angle.
__________________
そうかそういうことだったんだな、謎が解けたぞ、神原のエロの師匠はお前だったんだな!
-阿良々木暦

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 18:42   Link #662
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Or it can just be that people are reading too much into the blurb and the love being referred to isn't even a girl... Word play in my -monotari?! Perish the thought. This is much preferable compared to the amnesia angle.
Please don't tell me it's Oshino, but then again that would be the biggest twist EVER!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 05:18   Link #663
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Please don't tell me it's Oshino, but then again that would be the biggest twist EVER!!
ROTFLMAO!!

Though if that really happened, I'd have as bad a reaction as Celty did at the thought of Izaya x Shizu-chan...
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:53   Link #664
AC730
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Did something good happen?
Oh please~ Oshino only accepts cash...
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 18:11   Link #665
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Hm, I'm looking into buying the Bakemonogatari books.

Thing is, it's Nisioisin writing it. Is it hard? Like, out of range for a 3rd grade reading level?

Oh, how I hope a manga comes out. It'll be easy to read XD

Why are the books so expensive T-T http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8C%96%E7...9503855&sr=1-1

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-07-18 at 20:46.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 22:14   Link #666
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hm, I'm looking into buying the Bakemonogatari books.

Thing is, it's Nisioisin writing it. Is it hard? Like, out of range for a 3rd grade reading level?

Oh, how I hope a manga comes out. It'll be easy to read XD

Why are the books so expensive T-T http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8C%96%E7...9503855&sr=1-1
Hard to say, first of all Nisio fits a lot of text in each page when it comes to Bake so it's a big read. It's on a decent level of hardness but you can try.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 22:54   Link #667
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Hard to say, first of all Nisio fits a lot of text in each page when it comes to Bake so it's a big read. It's on a decent level of hardness but you can try.
Meh, I'll have to pass. But why are they 1500 yen a pop? Expensive.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 07:24   Link #668
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia

That's a nice cover.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 07:32   Link #669
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post

That's a nice cover.
I thought that other picture would have been the cover but I guess not.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 07:51   Link #670
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
This one?

Maybe it's an illustration inside the book or something.
They rarely do illustrations just for the web or ads, those normally reappear somewhere.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:29   Link #671
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
This one?

Maybe it's an illustration inside the book or something.
They rarely do illustrations just for the web or ads, those normally reappear somewhere.
Yea that I thought it'll be like Black and White.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 13:11   Link #672
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I thought most of the gatari series have no insert art.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 13:36   Link #673
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I thought most of the gatari series have no insert art.
Well there is the intro art in the beginning of each arc.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 21:08   Link #674
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Well there is the intro art in the beginning of each arc.
I completely forgot about those. Neko's soooooooooooooooooo close. I am guessing a completed TL version will be out in less than a week, and spoilers out within a day. Fun times.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 21:57   Link #675
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I completely forgot about those. Neko's soooooooooooooooooo close. I am guessing a completed TL version will be out in less than a week, and spoilers out within a day. Fun times.
A day!? Please, the spoilers will be out within 30 minutes. If each otaku read one page we'll have it by the time our instant noodles are ready.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 23:31   Link #676
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
350 pages in a week?
What, you guys got a dedicated translator?

Unless you mean Chinese, in which case...
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 07:56   Link #677
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
350 pages in a week?
What, you guys got a dedicated translator?

Unless you mean Chinese, in which case...
Yea, sweat shop level production man.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 13:40   Link #678
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
350 pages in a week?
What, you guys got a dedicated translator?

Unless you mean Chinese, in which case...
No, they actually have a team working on it. Around 5-7 people. The big project they were deciding for July was between this or Zero no Tsukaima 19, and people voted for this one. Usually new stuff come out within like 2-3 days (Ore Imouto for one), but I'm just guessing a week cause of ... well it's Nisio and his writing so.

Speaking of which, this will probably go on sale on the 26-27th right? Considering store sales are usually 1-2 days before the official release date?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 21:30   Link #679
apr
Pedestrian
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sweden
Nekomonogatari 1 is already out, sort of.
__________________
...in my humble opinion.
apr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 21:39   Link #680
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Nekomonogatari 1 is already out, sort of.
Letting the spoiling begin.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, nishio, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.