AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-30, 23:03   Link #861
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Are there any ships to sink? Senjōgahara has been official for ages. Even if there are other girls who like Araragi, he already has a girlfriend and has made it clear several times he loves her - even if he plays with other girls.
Yea, what you said pretty much describes perfectly the whole love situation in the series. Although one can argue that he is closer to some of the other girls than Senjougahara. He loves Senjougahara but that doesn't mean he'll treat her any better than the other girls.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 05:40   Link #862
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
On an unrelated note, I can't wait till we find out what the heck could would give rise to a Medusa.
I think it will be a different system from Hanekawa. Probably it is some kind of cursed item that Nadeko picked up as a child and kept in her closet. This item has probably already affected the personality of Nadeko since her childhood. I think a more important question is: who will Nadeko turn into stone? Or is the effect of a medusa different here? (probably it will involve Tsukihi, that conveniently can be restored at the end)

Anyway, it has been obvious from the first book that the official pairing is with Senjougahara. I don't know why people were expecting otherwise On the other hand, Araragi and Hanekawa still love each other, it's just that their story didn't work out, and they both know it.
Spoiler for shiro:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 06:53   Link #863
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I think it will be a different system from Hanekawa. Probably it is some kind of cursed item that Nadeko picked up as a child and kept in her closet. This item has probably already affected the personality of Nadeko since her childhood. I think a more important question is: who will Nadeko turn into stone? Or is the effect of a medusa different here? (probably it will involve Tsukihi, that conveniently can be restored at the end)

Anyway, it has been obvious from the first book that the official pairing is with Senjougahara. I don't know why people were expecting otherwise On the other hand, Araragi and Hanekawa still love each other, it's just that their story didn't work out, and they both know it.
Spoiler for shiro:
Wasn't there a line where Hanekawa said she started liking him when he and Shinobu were tearfully killing each other? It was in chapter 61.

Also, I admit that it's possible that Nadeko's personality could have been warped. I mean a lot of people seems to neglect the fact that she killed poisonous snakes and tearing them apart. <---so moe
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 07:34   Link #864
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
btw who is gaen izuko? what role does she play in the story?

hanekawa should have accepted that offer IMO.
__________________
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 08:04   Link #865
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wasn't there a line where Hanekawa said she started liking him when he and Shinobu were tearfully killing each other? It was in chapter 61.
Ah yeah, because he was crying. Hanekawa had never cried in her whole life. However, I think it's with Senjougahara she started thinking of him as boyfriend material.
Quote:
Also, I admit that it's possible that Nadeko's personality could have been warped. I mean a lot of people seems to neglect the fact that she killed poisonous snakes and tearing them apart. <---so moe
She has a problem with persons, but in itself the problem is not fearfulness.

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
btw who is gaen izuko? what role does she play in the story?
Spoiler for shiro:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 10:09   Link #866
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
ohh. are there any other new characters worthy of mention? especially those who could join the harem.
__________________
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 11:25   Link #867
soniko
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
12/27
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2ButfCXUmL.jpg
soniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 11:46   Link #868
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada/Ontario
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
That's an awesome front cover.
__________________
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 11:59   Link #869
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
ohh. are there any other new characters worthy of mention? especially those who could join the harem.
Spoiler:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 15:18   Link #870
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by soniko View Post
12/24 sale! Christmas gift?!?!?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 15:22   Link #871
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Well I just finished reading the whole thing and this is how I feel...
Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 17:48   Link #872
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Well I just finished reading the whole thing and this is how I feel...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for shiro:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 18:12   Link #873
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Spoiler for shiro:
Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 05:51   Link #874
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 09:42   Link #875
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Yea, what you said pretty much describes perfectly the whole love situation in the series. Although one can argue that he is closer to some of the other girls than Senjougahara. He loves Senjougahara but that doesn't mean he'll treat her any better than the other girls.
Until the series ends, plenty of non-Senjougahara shippers will hold some hope that Araragi would break up with her and get together with their favorite girl in the end.

Besides, even if it wasn't already official, plenty of people enjoy the dynamic Araragi has with the other girls. People do like Hanekawa and Shinobu, and they definitely don't treat Araragi the same way a male friend would. The ecchi flirting is just fun.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 11:07   Link #876
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Until the series ends, plenty of non-Senjougahara shippers will hold some hope that Araragi would break up with her and get together with their favorite girl in the end.
That's basically expecting the author to trash the development that has been had so far, for the sake of having your whim catered, wouldn't it?

I honestly don't see why people would expect Nisio to do anything like that. That's not being delusional, but whimsical in my opinion.

Hanekawa had her chances to be with Araragi, but she simply didn't take them. It was her fault. Sure, her circumstances were rather complicated, but her chances were there. As for Shinobu, her situation and Araragi's was rather complicated. It's the sort of thing that simply could not be, regardless of the feelings of the parties involved. As for the other girls, I don't think any of them is close enough to Araragi to even begin to shake his relationship with Senjōgahara.

Anyway, on a different topic, once the Bakemonogatari series is over, I hope Nisio goes back to his Zaregoto style.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 12:44   Link #877
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Until the series ends, plenty of non-Senjougahara shippers will hold some hope that Araragi would break up with her and get together with their favorite girl in the end.

Besides, even if it wasn't already official, plenty of people enjoy the dynamic Araragi has with the other girls. People do like Hanekawa and Shinobu, and they definitely don't treat Araragi the same way a male friend would. The ecchi flirting is just fun.
Personally it's not like I want them to break up or anything but rather since Araragi is still part Kaii you can never know what would happen if he stays with a normal human. I mean in Shiro Senjougahara was "this" close to being turned into steamed crabs. If Hanekawa or Araragi was any weaker or slower she would have been done for.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 12:50   Link #878
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That's basically expecting the author to trash the development that has been had so far, for the sake of having your whim catered, wouldn't it?

I honestly don't see why people would expect Nisio to do anything like that. That's not being delusional, but whimsical in my opinion.

Hanekawa had her chances to be with Araragi, but she simply didn't take them. It was her fault. Sure, her circumstances were rather complicated, but her chances were there. As for Shinobu, her situation and Araragi's was rather complicated. It's the sort of thing that simply could not be, regardless of the feelings of the parties involved. As for the other girls, I don't think any of them is close enough to Araragi to even begin to shake his relationship with Senjōgahara.

Anyway, on a different topic, once the Bakemonogatari series is over, I hope Nisio goes back to his Zaregoto style.
Like I said before, it doesn't necessarily have to be an official relationship. Some people can enjoy Araragi having fun with another girl even if he's with Senjougahara. I'm aware that those two are a pair, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy what happened between Araragi and Hanekawa in Kizu either.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 17:49   Link #879
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Until the series ends, plenty of non-Senjougahara shippers will hold some hope that Araragi would break up with her and get together with their favorite girl in the end.
That's not how harem anime work

While Nisio's job as an otaku writer forces him to be up to date with the current trends, I think somehow his mentality has become outdated. Shipping wars seems to be a relative recent phenomenon. For example, I don't remember of a shipping war about Love Hina or Ranma. Now there's Final Fantasy VII, Naruto, Macross Frontier, Harry Potter, House M.D. and so on. The world has gone crazy. Nisio feels more like an old school otaku who watch every anime enthusiastically and is rather indiscriminate in his tastes. While he is conscious of his public, I think going the extra mile to screw AraSenjou would be too much even for him (as an author he has his own ways to screw the public).
Quote:
Besides, even if it wasn't already official, plenty of people enjoy the dynamic Araragi has with the other girls. People do like Hanekawa and Shinobu, and they definitely don't treat Araragi the same way a male friend would. The ecchi flirting is just fun.
That was the point. Certainly Nisio didn't write Bakemonogatari thinking only of Senjougahara, otherwise he would have written only of Senjougahara. In fact, there is comparatively so little Senjougahara overall that means she is either difficult to write or is not Nisio's favorite character in the series Well, I have to say this because in the following novels there is bound to be little of Senjougahara and lot of Hanekawa and Shinobu, so not every fan will be happy

In fact, in the past I have read negative impressions about the subsequent books, so I became pessimistic about them, but when I read them I liked them. I repeat, for the average Bakemonogatari fan they are quite good. You'll like them (especially if you aren't bothered by character quotas).

Nisemonogatari 1 is good because there are lots of characters, and there is a serious atmosphere.

Nisemonogatari 2 is good because of its nonsensical symbolism. It finishes to develop the themes presented in Nise1.

Nekomonogatari Kuro is good because it's about a specific character. It's a very focused book with intense feelings. It's possibly the book I liked the most so far.

Nekomonogatari Shiro is good because of a new perspective. There is also a buildup for the following book.

Shadow5YA, I think I understand what you are saying, and I agree with it, but you talk like it is natural to follow the story only because of Senjougahara, and one should even try to be tolerant and enjoy the other girls. Maybe you had some bad experience in other forums. What it's natural is thinking of getting the most enjoyment you can out of Bakemonogatari, while you should avoid monomania that will cause only troubles to yourself and others.

I must also add that liking a character shouldn't necessarily mean you want them to get together with the main character
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 20:59   Link #880
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
btw i remember someone saying koyomi's parents are
Spoiler for :
__________________
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, nishio, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.