AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-30, 21:50   Link #1121
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's a charm. Remember that thing Araragi and Kanbaru tried to stick on the snake shrine in episode 9? Well that.
Thanks, I can remember it now. But what's about Nadeko eat the charm and turns into Kaii? Does it mean she is no longer human and has supernatural power?
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:05   Link #1122
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Thanks, I can remember it now. But what's about Nadeko eat the charm and turns into Kaii? Does it mean she is no longer human and has supernatural power?
Well the charm was suppose to act like a god so I guess Nadeko is now a god? Either way Hitagi is now the only one out of the original 5 that hasn't spend any time as a Kaii.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:13   Link #1123
Romanticide
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
When does Nadeko stab Shinobu? Also, i doubt Nadeko would be able to kill Shinobu, she'd only let Koyomi kill her, and she's still strong; she still has Kokorowatari right? Or is Koyomi in possesion of it?
__________________

avatar by mangatron
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:14   Link #1124
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Well the charm was suppose to act like a god so I guess Nadeko is now a god? Either way Hitagi is now the only one out of the original 5 that hasn't spend any time as a Kaii.
I have a bad omen about this. If it turns out that Hitagi is killed by Nadeko and she becomes a ghost/kaii then I'd say that SHIT REALLY HIT THE FAN. <_<
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:22   Link #1125
Romanticide
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
If that happened then Koyomi might go crazy. And then Shinobu might have to step in before he goes on a rampage.
__________________

avatar by mangatron
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:25   Link #1126
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Now, I'm really not sure if the name of her chapter "Hitagi End" has any hidden meaning or not. ="=
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 23:46   Link #1127
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
This is the third time Araragi's life have been in danger because of his relationship with Hitagi.

We need an epic fight where Araragi and Shinobu tag-team against an opponent. We were cheated out of it in Nise 2, Kuro and Kubuki.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 00:06   Link #1128
Xenosnake
Badass
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Age: 25
You don't Hitagi. Hitagi kills you. Always.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 03:12   Link #1129
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Well, given that Kabuki takes place after Koi, I'm sure nothing too serious will happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with Nadeko doesn't get solved until the third season.

Anyway, I think it's quite possible that, just as its name seems to suggest, Koi is like the Araragi and Senjougahara's date in Bake - basically just romance but taken to volume length.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 03:39   Link #1130
ubiquitial
戯言遣い
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Are we a pair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, given that Kabuki takes place after Koi, I'm sure nothing too serious will happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with Nadeko doesn't get solved until the third season.

Anyway, I think it's quite possible that, just as its name seems to suggest, Koi is like the Araragi and Senjougahara's date in Bake - basically just romance but taken to volume length.
Wait, I thought Koi was going to be the end? Or are the novels not in chronological order?
ubiquitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 05:10   Link #1131
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitial View Post
Wait, I thought Koi was going to be the end? Or are the novels not in chronological order?
The novels have never been in chronological order. Kizumonogatari for example came out after Bakemonogatari. These last novels all allude to some sort of big event that supposedly will be explained in Koi.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 05:49   Link #1132
soniko
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Well, given that Kabuki takes place after Koi, I'm sure nothing too serious will happen.
The chronological order is Kabuki→Shiro/Oni→Otori→Koi→Hana

And in Hana
Nadeko is the only character that dosent get mentioned at all
Kanbaru "wanted to die for what Araragi had to go through" concerning the incident before graduation
It was the third time Araragi cut a girls hair (second is probably Nadeko, though her hair is all snakes now)
soniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 06:31   Link #1133
ubiquitial
戯言遣い
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Are we a pair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by soniko View Post
The chronological order is Kabuki→Shiro/Oni→Otori→Koi→Hana

And in Hana
Nadeko is the only character that dosent get mentioned at all
Kanbaru "wanted to die for what Araragi had to go through" concerning the incident before graduation
It was the third time Araragi cut a girls hair (second is probably Nadeko, though her hair is all snakes now)
Jesus christ this is so confusing can someone post/link to some summaries of what has happened so far?
ubiquitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 06:38   Link #1134
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitial View Post
Jesus christ this is so confusing can someone post/link to some summaries of what has happened so far?
Since the books aren't in order and because there are so many missing pieces its kinda hard to link them together.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 06:43   Link #1135
ubiquitial
戯言遣い
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Are we a pair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Since the books aren't in order and because there are so many missing pieces its kinda hard to link them together.
Then, are there summaries of individual novels? It might help as a primer for those who wish to speculate, or simply to know what happens.

EDIT: Spent the last 30 minutes reviewing this thread, found basic spoiler/summary for every book except Nisemonogatari and a good part of Neko. They're old so if someone's read them, mind filling in the rest? And if there's anything important missing, mind adding it?

Neko:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Spoiler for shiro:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'm only on chapter 22 so I can only tell u things up to here:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for Tsubasa Tiger:

Kabuki:


Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Summary of Kabuki
Spoiler:
Hana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:

Last edited by ubiquitial; 2011-07-01 at 21:15.
ubiquitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 08:12   Link #1136
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
just how much does hitagi know about the circumstances linking both araragi and shinobu with each other?
__________________
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 10:50   Link #1137
Romanticide
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
We need an epic fight where Araragi and Shinobu tag-team against an opponent. We were cheated out of it in Nise 2, Kuro and Kubuki.
Maybe we'll get one if there's a third season. And hopefully some info on the first. I'd like him and Koyomi to meet and talk about Kissshot/Shinobu.
__________________

avatar by mangatron
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 17:36   Link #1138
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by soniko View Post
The chronological order is Kabuki→Shiro/Oni→Otori→Koi→Hana
Whoops... yes, Hana. My bad.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 20:43   Link #1139
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitial View Post
Then, are there summaries of individual novels? It might help as a primer for those who wish to speculate, or simply to know what happens.
Summary of Kabuki
Spoiler:

Last edited by omimon; 2011-12-12 at 02:19.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 05:24   Link #1140
soniko
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
just how much does hitagi know about the circumstances linking both araragi and shinobu with each other?
"To me, an/the ex-vampire loli means nothing, but that girl is Araragi-kun's treasure. There would be no point in keeping him alive if she is dead"
And then goes on about the order Nadeko should kill, so Hitagi knows the whole extent of their relationship apparently

Last edited by soniko; 2011-07-02 at 05:34.
soniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, nishio, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.