AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 14.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 37.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 15.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 4.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.62%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-14, 05:52   Link #161
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Wild guessing

Just one random wild guess: I think Natsuhi and Krauss have already killed Kinzo. (Or to be fair, maybe he died of natural causes--he is supposed to be really sick, although you'd never guess it to hear him rant in the first arc.) Partly because of their comment about getting the servants to keep the other relatives from seeing him, and partly because I can't imagine he _wouldn't_ come to see Beatrice once he heard she was there, even if he had to be hauled out of his deathbed.

I wonder what Beatrice showed the adults that shocked them all into believing her?
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 05:54   Link #162
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
Just one random wild guess: I think Natsuhi and Krauss have already killed Kinzo. (Or to be fair, maybe he died of natural causes--he is supposed to be really sick, although you'd never guess it to hear him rant in the first arc.) Partly because of their comment about getting the servants to keep the other relatives from seeing him, and partly because I can't imagine he _wouldn't_ come to see Beatrice once he heard she was there, even if he had to be hauled out of his deathbed.

I wonder what Beatrice showed the adults that shocked them all into believing her?
But a scene shows Nanjo talking to Kinzo.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 06:27   Link #163
Arbane the Terrible
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
But a scene shows Nanjo talking to Kinzo.
(Drat, forgot about that.) Were there any other witnesses? I think Krauss mentioned he was in on whatever his plan is.

Oh, well, I did say it was a really wild guess.
Arbane the Terrible is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 06:40   Link #164
Dreamtale
Recursion...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Russia, Moscow
Age: 28
Could someome explain me what means the title of the next episode "week square"? Well, i guessed it's something from chess, but...

Thanks in advance!
Dreamtale is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 06:51   Link #165
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Actually it's "Weak square" Deen made a mistake there. I think weak square is easy to understand, right?

@Arbane, even if they were on the plan as well, we saw those scenes, it's not like they told "Oh yeah I were with Kinzo *lie*" but we know that they were there with Kinzo cause we saw
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-08-14 at 07:05.
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 06:52   Link #166
tcaz2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamtale View Post
Could someome explain me what means the title of the next episode "week square"? Well, i guessed it's something from chess, but...

Thanks in advance!
It's a Engrish'd version of 'Weak Square' which means a square on the chessboard where, when a piece is placed there, is highly threatening.
tcaz2 is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 06:55   Link #167
Dreamtale
Recursion...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Russia, Moscow
Age: 28
No Way! I thought about mistake, but... thanks!
Dreamtale is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 07:26   Link #168
sainfate
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
What do we know about Natsuhi ??

In EP 1, she interrupted Jessica when she and Battler were discussing the possibility that Beatrice was Kinzo's mistress and about the orphanage.

In EP 2, again she goes really defensive during dinner, smacking her fists to the table (I thought it was really extreme) and by deny that Beatrice could be a mistress or an illegitimate child, she also send the kids away when they are about to ask Genji for more info.

Why is she getting so angry and defensive, what is she hiding. For an anime only watcher like me... this is getting more and more confusing, confusing, confusing, confusing....

Spoiler for Natsuhi:
sainfate is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 08:04   Link #169
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainfate View Post
What do we know about Natsuhi ??

In EP 1, she interrupted Jessica when she and Battler were discussing the possibility that Beatrice was Kinzo's mistress and about the orphanage.

In EP 2, again she goes really defensive during dinner, smacking her fists to the table (I thought it was really extreme) and by deny that Beatrice could be a mistress or an illegitimate child, she also send the kids away when they are about to ask Genji for more info.

Why is she getting so angry and defensive, what is she hiding. For an anime only watcher like me... this is getting more and more confusing, confusing, confusing, confusing....

Spoiler for Natsuhi:
Pretty sure she's not. Go read the Ep1 TIPS.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 08:12   Link #170
TheForsaken
Winter is coming
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainfate View Post
What do we know about Natsuhi ??

In EP 1, she interrupted Jessica when she and Battler were discussing the possibility that Beatrice was Kinzo's mistress and about the orphanage.

In EP 2, again she goes really defensive during dinner, smacking her fists to the table (I thought it was really extreme) and by deny that Beatrice could be a mistress or an illegitimate child, she also send the kids away when they are about to ask Genji for more info.

Why is she getting so angry and defensive, what is she hiding. For an anime only watcher like me... this is getting more and more confusing, confusing, confusing, confusing....

Spoiler for Natsuhi:
Natsuhi is a woman of pride and honor, then Kinzo having a mistress and/or a an illegitimate child is an unacceptable disgrace.
__________________
TheForsaken is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 08:33   Link #171
sainfate
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Pretty sure she's not. Go read the Ep1 TIPS.
Where do I find this TIPS ??
sainfate is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 08:35   Link #172
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
In the TIPS thread^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82558
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 08:35   Link #173
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainfate View Post
Where do I find this TIPS ??
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82558
MarthX is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 08:48   Link #174
sainfate
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Didn't find anithing in the TIPS about Natsuhi past or where she come from, only that she has a strong sense of responsibility and is very proud. Doesn't really justify her getting really defensive when mistresses, illegitimate children or orphanage is mentioned. Maybe she needs a bit of anger management. lol
sainfate is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 09:09   Link #175
June 1983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Age: 31
I think you VN players are getting kind of confused about when certain things are mentioned in the game -- either that, or what you are hinting at just isn't in the tips, but in the actual gameplay.

In anyway, to the anime watcher who asked, we do know some things about Natsuhi's family, so she's not an orphan.
June 1983 is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 09:33   Link #176
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
EP2 mentions she's from a family of Shinto Priests.

The reason she's an outsider to the family, or at least to Eva, is because she's been married to Krauss for at least 25 years, but she didn't have Jessica until 18 years ago, after Eva already had George. And since Krauss is the oldest of Kinzo's kids, well, this did not come out well. xD
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 09:36   Link #177
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Not really. All the spouses (Kyrie, Natsuhi and Hideyoshi) are considered 'outsiders' because they don't wear the crest. Eva just likes pushing Natsuhi's buttons and bringing her down.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 09:43   Link #178
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Not really. All the spouses (Kyrie, Natsuhi and Hideyoshi) are considered 'outsiders' because they don't wear the crest. Eva just likes pushing Natsuhi's buttons and bringing her down.
And because Natsuhi does not mind telling her in-laws to get out of the mansion if they say something bad about Krauss or Kinzo. xD Kyrie and Hideyoshi are, erm, nicer. xD
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 09:59   Link #179
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
EP2 mentions she's from a family of Shinto Priests.

The reason she's an outsider to the family, or at least to Eva, is because she's been married to Krauss for at least 25 years, but she didn't have Jessica until 18 years ago, after Eva already had George. And since Krauss is the oldest of Kinzo's kids, well, this did not come out well. xD
30 years to be precise. You can get by that that Natsuhi must be around her fifties which makes her like the oldest moe character in anime.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 10:13   Link #180
phizzy
私は美少女じゃないか?
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Belgium
Age: 26
I didn't like the way gg translated 'nee-san' as 'Shannon', would've preferred them to just leave it untranslated... Geez...
phizzy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.