AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-08-09, 09:05   Link #1
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS (release date:TBA)

Well here's a movie I have been really really waiting for.One of the last films of Heath Ledger.This film boasts a really impressive cast.And the movie looks absolutely amazing.
CAST:
Heath Ledger, Christopher Plummer, Tom Waits, Lily Cole, Andrew Garfield, Verne Troyer, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, Jude Law

PLOT:
The story of Dr Parnassus and his extraordinary 'Imaginarium', a travelling show where members of the audience get an irresistible opportunity to choose between light and joy or darkness and gloom. Blessed with the extraordinary gift of guiding the imaginations of others, Dr Parnassus is cursed with a dark secret. Long ago he made a bet with the devil, Mr Nick, in which he won immortality. Many centuries later, on meeting his one true love, Dr Parnassus made another deal with the devil, trading his immortality for youth, on condition that when his first-born reached its 16th birthday he or she would become the property of Mr Nick. Valentina is now rapidly approaching this 'coming of age' milestone and Dr Parnassus is desperate to protect her from her impending fate. Mr Nick arrives to collect but, always keen to make a bet, renegotiates the wager. Now the winner of Valentina will be determined by whoever seduces the first five souls. Enlisting a series of wild, comical and compelling characters in his journey, Dr Parnassus promises his daughter's hand in marriage to the man that helps him win. In this captivating, explosive and wonderfully imaginative race against time, Dr Parnassus must fight to save his daughter in a never-ending landscape of surreal obstacles - and undo the mistakes of his past once and for all.

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.p...octorparnassus

http://www.doctorparnassus.com/

Enjoy!!

Last edited by Kankel; 2009-08-09 at 11:26.
Kankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 10:55   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
the cast surely looks amazing D:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 22:34   Link #3
Nosauz

was this intended to have ferell, depp, law and troyer, or was it originally going to be heath ledger playing all 7 roles? that could be the reason for his suicide, i mean splintering yourself into 7 individuals is quite insane.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 07:54   Link #4
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
was this intended to have ferell, depp, law and troyer, or was it originally going to be heath ledger playing all 7 roles? that could be the reason for his suicide, i mean splintering yourself into 7 individuals is quite insane.
It was meant for Ledger to play all 7 roles.

The director Terry Gilliam decided to ease the change into the story by having Dr. Parnassus take a slightly different look and feel for every "dimension" he goes to.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 09:07   Link #5
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Wow. Thats certainly a unique plot If i ever saw one, trailer looks pretty awesome.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 12:02   Link #6
Nosauz

i think thats mostly because ledger died, and they have no way of going back to shoot retakes of scenes that he did, so they used the one dimension where they had the most footage of ledger and the one that tested the best to keep him in that role, considering he's been dead for a good almost 2 years it makes sense in the filming aspect of the movie.

not to be a cynical, but i really believe this movie is capitalize on the precieved legacy of heath ledgar after dark knight, I'm all for making a great movie, but I just find it somewhat tacky
Old 2009-08-13, 00:21   Link #7
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
i think thats mostly because ledger died, and they have no way of going back to shoot retakes of scenes that he did, so they used the one dimension where they had the most footage of ledger and the one that tested the best to keep him in that role, considering he's been dead for a good almost 2 years it makes sense in the filming aspect of the movie.

not to be a cynical, but i really believe this movie is capitalize on the precieved legacy of heath ledgar after dark knight, I'm all for making a great movie, but I just find it somewhat tacky

Go read up the director and Ledger. They were close friends.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 08:06   Link #8
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Wow the trailer looks promising. But how come in some fan sites they are wanting to film it "for the masses"? What's up with that?
Old 2009-08-13, 08:41   Link #9
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Go read up the director and Ledger. They were close friends.
I'm just a real cynic when it comes to the business, with all those studio execs and directors looking for the next big thing sometimes makes me shudder at what this medium that trys so hard to take it self seriously really does to the artistic integrity.

Glad to hear, hopefully this will be the magnum opus of ledgers amazing acting career, because no joke, christian bale kinda ruined dark knight for me.