AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 21.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 16.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 19.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 9.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.37%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-15, 10:53   Link #261
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
If it is a parody, then I take it all back, but I don't think it is.
Why do you care about official tags?

Last edited by Proto; 2009-08-15 at 11:07.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 11:03   Link #262
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Did anyone else notice that Haruhi's name wasn't moving away from the rest of the SOS Brigade in the credits any more?
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 11:04   Link #263
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Did anyone else notice that Haruhi's name wasn't moving away from the rest of the SOS Brigade in the credits any more?
I think I noticed it. Didn't go back and check, though. Are they all back in one group?
__________________
If you're interested in what I'm watching, click here.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 11:20   Link #264
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I think I noticed it. Didn't go back and check, though. Are they all back in one group?
You think you noiced it?

Anyway, yeah, I just checked, they are all in one group.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 11:27   Link #265
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 25
lol, yeah. I mean, I just kinda glanced at the credits and I thought it was strange when I didn't notice one name above all the others like it had been in Endless Eight. I just assumed I didn't pay attention and just missed it.
__________________
If you're interested in what I'm watching, click here.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 12:21   Link #266
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Her name moving around must only show up when you watch it raw or streaming live, because when I watch fansubs, I think they just tack on the same opening and ending credits.
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 12:35   Link #267
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Her name moving around must only show up when you watch it raw or streaming live, because when I watch fansubs, I think they just tack on the same opening and ending credits.
No true. I just checked, and both Mazui and a.f.k. seen to use appropriate ending.

Haruhi's name was togher with the rest last week too.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 13:11   Link #268
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Meh you guys were so harsh to your self conscious. Give it a rest and heck this episode was brilliant. Endless Eight were like 3 years waiting all over again so have the same feeling back when watching BLR. Felt like shouting "Hail the God Empress" every time Haruhi back on screen again .... ^^

In short, loved the episode. It took me almost twice the amount of time to watch the ep because i keep rewinding at certain screens (the delay race, the shoe screens and so on). Astonished (in a positive sense) with all of the new face expressions. They are quite refresh, especially Haruhi's and Mikuru's (if list out , there would be countless moments).
Then isn't the animation after they got their Sony (the way Haruhi swing her hand or when she skip and then turn around) were amazingly fluid and detail?

Anyway back to the hot discussion in this thread. First is the complaint of art style in that screen when Haruhi put up her hand while sit on that Brigade seat. To say the truth, i don't like (if not hate) K-on art style especially when have to trade it with Haruhi S1's one. But at that moment i actually thought "that's an interesting expression you have there" instead; and didn't realise the detail of the fingers until read this thread and see people put it up... Of course i prefer better art but i'm not such as perfectionist

Secondly.... eh... i think people wasted too many brain cells into complaining Haruhi's action of pretending to pour hot tea over Kyon. Teas are almost same level with plain hot water. I see friends (include my older brother) make that kind of jokes countless of times with even more troublesome stuffs such as noodle, milk, knives or dumb-bell. Sometime they even crossed the line and the offender is not as close(in relationship to the victim) or as cute as Haruhi.... Still it's a good joke
Then Haruhi wasn't serious at all as she keeps glaring at Kyon to see his expression to know if she should stop, and then hold the tray too firmly when Kyon take the cup to ensure it will not fall.
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 14:36   Link #269
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Meh you guys were so harsh to your self conscious. Give it a rest and heck this episode was brilliant. Endless Eight were like 3 years waiting all over again so have the same feeling back when watching BLR. Felt like shouting "Hail the God Empress" every time Haruhi back on screen again .... ^^
I think it's been adequately gone over why that isn't really a realistic possibility for most of us.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 14:47   Link #270
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Because you're all weak.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:33   Link #271
A. Esbee
Suffused with Sound
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cambridge
Age: 23
Quote:
Then Haruhi wasn't serious at all as she keeps glaring at Kyon to see his expression to know if she should stop, and then hold the tray too firmly when Kyon take the cup to ensure it will not fall.
That's actually one of the things that really struck me. In the novel I had it pegged as her getting revenge for his drooling over Mikuru. Here the threat didn't seem serious at all to me; it just seemed like she wanted his attention, and was curious whether he really would let her or not.

Of course, that might be because that whole scene seemed to lack energy to me. I liked the episode over all, but it seemed to go by a lot slower than usual. I hope this doesn't last, because Sighs is definitely already one of the slower books. It really doesn't need help.
__________________


If you're looking for fic ...
LJ FFN
A. Esbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:36   Link #272
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Esbee View Post
Of course, that might be because that whole scene seemed to lack energy to me. I liked the episode over all, but it seemed to go by a lot slower than usual. I hope this doesn't last, because Sighs is definitely already one of the slower books. It really doesn't need help.
I was more amazed, as with S1, how they manage to put so much content into one episode.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:36   Link #273
Triple_R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I was more amazed, as with S1, how they manage to put so much content into one episode.
It seemed about right to me. Not wasteful (i.e. not loads of extraneous anime-only material) but not crammed or overly compressed either.

Well, the only thing I'll say is that they could have ended off with Haruhi about to bring Kyon and Mikuru along shopping with her, instead of showing the shopping this episode - that would have been a more natural cliff hanger (imo), but this way gets more content in, which is good.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:42   Link #274
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
I think the art styles of k-on and suzumiya should stay separate, I mean I love k-on for the way it is but k-on art on suzumiya just looks weird

p.s. ...but i dont mind afternoon tea time doing god knows
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 17:21   Link #275
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Loved the minutia review as always, Triple. I'm not a very keen observer, so your reviews help me pick up on some of the things I missed; I'd have never noticed Koizumi attempting not to laugh at Yuki (Which is a nice detail both because it's funny and it's nice to see some interaction between the abnormals; they all have pretty deep relationships with Haruhi and Kyon, but I'm not sure what exactly they think of each other - maybe they get closer in some of the later volumes). And it's good to hear that in the novels, Haruhi threatened to spill hot tea on Kyon out of jealousy. The anime's version I didn't mind much, but it would seem like kind of a character regression after she acted so well-adjusted during Endless Eight. The novel version's makes more sense, and if she's mad at Kyon for staring at Mikuru for too long, I might even go as far as to say that I'm on Haruhi's side. =P

As for the art styles, I like both of them. The original's is more serious, realistic, and dry (Which fits because Melancholy is more, well, melancholy than most of the future stories, and has a more down-to-earth tone to me despite some of the things that go on) while this go-around's a bit more colorful, but I like them both. Actually, I think this term wins when it comes to facial expressions. Things like Kyon's aggravated expression around 11:03 and Haruhi's "Be quiet" at 19:12 have really won me over when it comes to this season's style.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Sighs I. It was a slow, basic, normal episode, almost to the point of being plain, but that's not really a mark against it. It was a fun episode and I liked its dialogue-extensive nature. This episode also gets the award for most abrupt ending ever. It was such a KyoAni thing to do. Oh well, so long as their eccentricity is limited to abrupt endings rather than playing the same episode eight times in a row.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 17:33   Link #276
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Actually, they could've ended it in the middle of one of Haruhi's sentences.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 19:37   Link #277
Triple_R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Loved the minutia review as always, Triple.
Thanks!

From now on, though, I'll be reviewing Haruhi episodes on my new blog.


Quote:
I'm not a very keen observer,
Don't sell yourself short - you were doing minutia reviews before me.

Quote:
...so your reviews help me pick up on some of the things I missed; I'd have never noticed Koizumi attempting not to laugh at Yuki (Which is a nice detail both because it's funny and it's nice to see some interaction between the abnormals; they all have pretty deep relationships with Haruhi and Kyon, but I'm not sure what exactly they think of each other - maybe they get closer in some of the later volumes).
Agreed. Like yourself, I'm curious to know the relationship between the trio of Mikuru, Nagato, and Koizumi.


Quote:
And it's good to hear that in the novels, Haruhi threatened to spill hot tea on Kyon out of jealousy.
That's how I took it anyway. At the very least, the novel put more emphasis on Kyon ogling Mikuru, and more emphasis on Haruhi being at least a little bit peeved by it.

Quote:
The anime's version I didn't mind much, but it would seem like kind of a character regression after she acted so well-adjusted during Endless Eight.
That's how I feel too. I prefer the "get revenge on Kyon for liking Mikuru more than me" motive for Haruhi over pure randomness, or simple teasing.


Quote:
The novel version's makes more sense, and if she's mad at Kyon for staring at Mikuru for too long, I might even go as far as to say that I'm on Haruhi's side. =P

As for the art styles, I like both of them. The original's is more serious, realistic, and dry (Which fits because Melancholy is more, well, melancholy than most of the future stories, and has a more down-to-earth tone to me despite some of the things that go on) while this go-around's a bit more colorful, but I like them both. Actually, I think this term wins when it comes to facial expressions. Things like Kyon's aggravated expression around 11:03 and Haruhi's "Be quiet" at 19:12 have really won me over when it comes to this season's style.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Sighs I. It was a slow, basic, normal episode, almost to the point of being plain, but that's not really a mark against it. It was a fun episode and I liked its dialogue-extensive nature. This episode also gets the award for most abrupt ending ever. It was such a KyoAni thing to do. Oh well, so long as their eccentricity is limited to abrupt endings rather than playing the same episode eight times in a row.
LOL Good points. Sighs I was solid. I'll gladly take this over six or more of the EE episodes.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 22:57   Link #278
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Esbee View Post
That's actually one of the things that really struck me. In the novel I had it pegged as her getting revenge for his drooling over Mikuru. Here the threat didn't seem serious at all to me; it just seemed like she wanted his attention, and was curious whether he really would let her or not.

Of course, that might be because that whole scene seemed to lack energy to me. I liked the episode over all, but it seemed to go by a lot slower than usual. I hope this doesn't last, because Sighs is definitely already one of the slower books. It really doesn't need help.
Another reason is the novel must be from Kyon POV, when it's not easy to create the same screen in anime. We all know that Kyon always try to convince himself how evil Haruhi is *right?..... right?"
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 00:10   Link #279
topboy
poor man
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
For some reason, number of replies and views for EP 10 greatly drop compare to EP 9.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 00:19   Link #280
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Three things. One, the first Endless Eight thread had less posts than BLR's. This is an arc, so I'd assume discussion will pick up as it goes on. Two, there's still half a week left before the next one, and another full week of this being stickied. Three... most of the posts in the later E8 threads were either "I hate this, Kadokawa/KyoAni sucks" or {insert stock response here}.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.