AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 21.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 16.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 19.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 9.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.37%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-17, 02:46   Link #341
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Again, I don't think is possible extend it too long because I don't think 5 episodes are too long. The book is not that small.

They always can show more of the filming, anyway. The parts that were skiped over in the novel.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 02:48   Link #342
VentAileron
Aha~ha~ha~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Yes sir!

But honestly, if anyone would ask me which part of Haruhi I didn't like, relatively, compared to the other parts of the story, I would've said Sighs and
Spoiler:
, though I still don't understand why I don't like Sighs; it's a really funny story. The down parts? Uhh...it's just isn't that exciting compared to the other story arcs? But I wouldn't qualify that as a good argument. In other words, I can't put my finger on what makes Sighs worse than the other story arcs, that's why I'm interested in this.

EDIT:
It's too long and not a lot happens? Well...can't completely disagree with that, but it still doesn't feel like the reason I don't like Sighs. *sigh* I guess I'm just weird, since I honestly believe that's the reason, but it still doesn't feel right.

Last edited by VentAileron; 2009-08-17 at 03:01.
VentAileron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 02:55   Link #343
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Oh, you've READ the books.

Well, then, the end of Chapter 4 is why no one likes Sighs.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 03:06   Link #344
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
You mean Itsuki "talking too much about unconstructive stuff"? Or the scene in Tsuruya's home?

If it is the latter, this is the only reason I don't think Sighs sucks. And, seeing what many have posted, I thin most agree with me.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 03:07   Link #345
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
The reason I never liked Sighs was because I saw the anime before reading the novels. Because of that, it took out all the excitement of the arc since we already saw the finished product that is "the movie" and we already know the current condition of the SOS brigade...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 03:13   Link #346
VentAileron
Aha~ha~ha~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
*refreshes his memories by skimming through chapter 4*

Or is it the
Spoiler for A scene in the Sighs novel:

Maybe that went a little overboard...

Are we in the 'guess the scene that everyone hates the most' game?
VentAileron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 03:29   Link #347
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quit spoiling the rest of the story for the two non-novel readers the anime hasn't scared off yet.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 05:40   Link #348
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 22
I haven't read Sighs more than once (Which is pretty unusual; I reread everything) so hopefully I've forgotten what happens. :3
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 05:49   Link #349
mokuseimaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Oh, you've READ the books.

Well, then, the end of Chapter 4 is why no one likes Sighs.
If I'm thinking of the same scene, then I have quite the opposite view. This is actually what I'm looking forward to most in Sigh,
Spoiler for spoiler:
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 05:55   Link #350
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Watched the episode. The art style is based on the current Nishiya's touch, but also took from Yoneda's and Kadowaki's touches in the past. I think it got close enough to S1 in art style. However this ep failed to satisfy you?! I guess you have to wait for Ikeda Shoko to be animation director.

Speaking of Yoneda, if you watched Yoneda's works such as Melancholy II with those (over)critical eyes now, I'm certain you would definitely be bashing its art quality. Watching Ikeda's Melancholy VI again will surprise you too. That doesn't have consistent art quality at all. In the first place, while everyone should consider OP to be the most consistent-art-quality sequence, our Haruhi's old OP is not consistent and we can tell or guess who drew which shots comparatively easily. Haruhi is not like other shows of KyoAni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't understand the head band's meaning(i watched afk subbed btw)... were they supported to be something completely random?
I can say the meanings of them are random. The letters themselves are what's important. One or two letters on a head band each member has on are part of his
Spoiler:
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.

Last edited by thirdlc; 2009-08-20 at 10:11. Reason: I didn't have any idea whether this post meant what I was trying to say.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 07:23   Link #351
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
You mean Itsuki "talking too much about unconstructive stuff"? Or the scene in Tsuruya's home?

If it is the latter, this is the only reason I don't think Sighs sucks. And, seeing what many have posted, I thin most agree with me.
I don't mind the scene in Tsuruya's home as long as they don't play it the way that they did the tea for Kyon scene.

Spoiler for Novel 2, Chapter 4:


As for Itsuki's exposition... it's actually pretty straightforward by his standards, imo. His ideas are not terribly hard to grasp, and make some sense, imo.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 08:53   Link #352
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
We may know that the outcome is the movie, but there are things that happened that are unexplained, Why does the cat talk? Why did Yuki jump on Mikuru after the first Mikuru Beam, how did they do the effect for the first Mikuru Beam, etc etc, plus as I said before, I'm the kind that likes to watch the special feature on DVDs, and this is like a behind the scenes of the making of the movie.
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 09:04   Link #353
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
We may know that the outcome is the movie, but there are things that happened that are unexplained, Why does the cat talk? Why did Yuki jump on Mikuru after the first Mikuru Beam, how did they do the effect for the first Mikuru Beam, etc etc, plus as I said before, I'm the kind that likes to watch the special feature on DVDs, and this is like a behind the scenes of the making of the movie.
Since the universe go around Haruhi, can i assume that all of these are caused by Haruhi?

No, i didn't read the novel if it happens to be right
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 17:49   Link #354
zriL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Since the universe go around Haruhi, can i assume that all of these are caused by Haruhi?

No, i didn't read the novel if it happens to be right
The question here is not "how", but it's more "why". Anyways, you can assume that everything is caused by Haruhi
zriL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 17:53   Link #355
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
It is also a matter of what. Just because we saw the finished product doesn't mean we saw or even understood the extent of just what Haruhi did. A lot of it was brushed over without comment by Kyon's narrative.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 18:12   Link #356
Ja.
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Finally watched this episode (waiting for afk subs)
The art style really disappointed me, it's one of the things I loved (I ignored it for most of Endless Eight, but now that that's over I want my pretties back!)
The eyes, the hair, the proportions.... they made me sad. At least the episode was funny anyways, but while I was watching I couldn't shrug off the feeling of annoyance.
*sigh*
Ja. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 19:59   Link #357
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
So, what did it say on the SOS Brigade's headbands for people like me who can't find the AFK subs?
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 20:39   Link #358
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
What do you mean by "cant find"? Just look at animesuki.com

Anyway:

Yuki - Filthy Rich
Haruhi - Indian Summer
Kyon - Nick of Time
Itsuki - All Time and Places
Mikuru - Without Precedent

No, I don't have idea what it means. However, as someone already pointed, the important might be the kanjis used, not the meaning. Itsuki and Uki hadband have a kanji that is also in their names. Haruhi and Mikuru have a kanji that could be used in their first names, if their names were writen in kanji. It is not unrasonable think Kyon's true name use one of the kanjis of his hadband.

Someone knows if were Tanigawas who write this 'prologue'? The hint would be false, otherwise.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 20:43   Link #359
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Someone knows if were Tanigawas who write this 'prologue'? The hint would be false, otherwise.
Tanigawa wrote the script for this episode, yes.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 09:59   Link #360
Dakota
disregard that (″-)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Yuki - Filthy Rich
Haruhi - Indian Summer
Kyon - Nick of Time
Itsuki - All Time and Places
Mikuru - Without Precedent
I thought some of them were pretty applicable. Yuki is Filthy Rich from her given power. Maybe. Mikuru has no authority in her position (e.g. "*sniff sniff* classified information")- hence, without precedent. That's what I can take from it, i think their headbands are hilarious regardless.
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.