AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-13, 15:53   Link #1221
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Or that those weren't the actual people, but representations of them. Do you really believe the pieces on the board are aware of what's happening off of it, when most of the time even piece-Battler doesn't know?
Well then we are back to square one. If you claim those weren't "meta-world presence" but "representation" then I could say the same about everyone except Battler, and therefore everyone could still be the culprit.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 17:42   Link #1222
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
I was wondering... couldn't the 19th caller be Erika? Or was that denied already?

I mean, it makes sense. New human on the island! Suddenly some guy no one's ever heard of before calls.

What?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 17:44   Link #1223
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I was wondering... couldn't the 19th caller be Erika? Or was that denied already?

I mean, it makes sense. New human on the island! Suddenly some guy no one's ever heard of before calls.

What?
How would Natsuhi mistake some loli's voice for a young man's voice?
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 17:45   Link #1224
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
There is that, but we can't be sure that the caller has never called in any of the games before. Though it is sort of telling when Bern has to ask Lambda if this is real.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 17:52   Link #1225
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I was wondering... couldn't the 19th caller be Erika? Or was that denied already?

I mean, it makes sense. New human on the island! Suddenly some guy no one's ever heard of before calls.

What?
But when Natsuhi gets calls from the 19th person isn't Erika at one point accounted to be with everyone else. Although I do remember the 19th person claiming that Erika was working with them though (I think it was the 'autumn card' call, but I can't remember for sure)
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:02   Link #1226
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Isn't Erika the detective? So ruled out for that?
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:06   Link #1227
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
But when Natsuhi gets calls from the 19th person isn't Erika at one point accounted to be with everyone else. Although I do remember the 19th person claiming that Erika was working with them though (I think it was the 'autumn card' call, but I can't remember for sure)
I just thought he said he came to the island with her, not that he was working with her...?
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:10   Link #1228
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
How would Natsuhi mistake some loli's voice for a young man's voice?
Erika stayed up all night listening to a wall after swimming through a hurricane. How hard is it to believe that's she's talented enough with her voice to sound like a young man? Voice actresses do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
But when Natsuhi gets calls from the 19th person isn't Erika at one point accounted to be with everyone else. Although I do remember the 19th person claiming that Erika was working with them though (I think it was the 'autumn card' call, but I can't remember for sure)
Don't ask me, I still haven't played the game yet.

Which brings me to this question: Could that call have been a recording? It's a plot device used fairly often in stories like this...

...Of course, did they have the ability to record stuff like that easily in 1986?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Isn't Erika the detective? So ruled out for that?
Who says the "man from 19 years ago" is actually the culprit? Erika was never ruled out as an accomplice, right?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:15   Link #1229
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Quote:
Who says the "man from 19 years ago" is actually the culprit? Erika was never ruled out as an accomplice, right?
WOuld be lame for her, the one that doesn't exist on any other gameboard who is the detective to be the an accomplice. Also were could that stranded girl gotten herself a recorder?

Quote:
Could that call have been a recording?
I don't think so. I think the man mentions something that only someone who was on the island due that time could have known (wasn't it even erika..I'm completely unsure...only played it one time shortly after the realease)
Another..question...does that men even exist?
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:18   Link #1230
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Just because Erika wasn't on the island in previous games, it doesn't mean that she wasn't involved in the events in some way.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:19   Link #1231
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Another..question...does that men even exist?
Genji brought Natsuhi the phone in one scene, so it's pretty much agreed he does.

Unless she hallucinated THAT, too..."o_o
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:20   Link #1232
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Just because Erika wasn't on the island in previous games, it doesn't mean that she wasn't involved in the events in some way.
Actually when Erika is introduced it's stated in red by Lambda that she had nothing to do with anything before this game. She even stated it twice in a way that Battler wouldn't misinterpret the red.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:27   Link #1233
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Actually when Erika is introduced it's stated in red by Lambda that she had nothing to do with anything before this game. She even stated it twice in a way that Battler wouldn't misinterpret the red.
Then why does she obviously want to frame Natsuhi?

There has to be a real-world explanation (that's reasonable) as to why she's on the island.

Since The Man From 19 Years Ago also has it out for Natsuhi... I think it's safe to say that's she's definitely involved somehow?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:30   Link #1234
Kaiba
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Quote:
Then why does she obviously want to frame Natsuhi?
From what I've read of Episode 5, Erika doesn't have any real reason to go after Natushi in particular, but she targets her because it's a lot easier to accuse Natsuhi compared to everyone else for various reasons, such as the lack of an alibi during the night and so forth.
Kaiba is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:30   Link #1235
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Then why does she obviously want to frame Natsuhi?

There has to be a real-world explanation (that's reasonable) as to why she's on the island.

Since The Man From 19 Years Ago also has it out for Natsuhi... I think it's safe to say that's she's definitely involved somehow?
Maybe this time, yes. We have no proof that the 19th man was ever involved in previous games. At this point you can't even say he's the culprit/killer because of the Knox Rules preventing it. But Erika was never on the island before this point and the red makes it clear.

And as Kaiba says, Natsuhi gets herself into bad situations (no one can account for her being in Kinzo's study during the 1st twilight, she was in the closet in the room Hideyoshi was killed in while he was being killed)
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:32   Link #1236
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Then why does she obviously want to frame Natsuhi?

There has to be a real-world explanation (that's reasonable) as to why she's on the island.

Since The Man From 19 Years Ago also has it out for Natsuhi... I think it's safe to say that's she's definitely involved somehow?
There is no reasonable explanation for Erika that I've head of. Her behavior is completely abnormal.

Episode 5 is screwed up because the players at the beginning were Bern and Lambda.

Lambda's plan: Imitate Beatrice
Bern's plan: Throw Erika on the board, frame Natsuhi, drink tea.
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:45   Link #1237
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
As for recording...tape players have been around since before 1986, so it is quite possible. Also considering they would have such plots in "Mission Impossible" back in the late 1960s, having a taped raecord of a voice or taping an incident is not out of the question in 1986 (even the Sony Walkman had a record feature and microphone as early as 1979 with the better ones (journalist quality) coming out in 1984)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:45   Link #1238
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
There is no reasonable explanation for Erika that I've head of. Her behavior is completely abnormal.

Episode 5 is screwed up because the players at the beginning were Bern and Lambda.

Lambda's plan: Imitate Beatrice
Bern's plan: Throw Erika on the board, frame Natsuhi, drink tea, troll everyone
Fixed for Bern's plan

But yeah Erika's behavior is literally meta - she rambles at one point about how Battler jumped out of the study and demands a rematch (even though the only reason she lost WAS because of Bern and Lambda not letting Cornelia use the red text for the window) and flails around begging Bern to give her a second chance. Not to mention parading around and calling herself the detective. Hell even the parents behavior towards her is meta - half the time it sounds like they're being controlled into talking with her like they do.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:49   Link #1239
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
As for recording...tape players have been around since before 1986, so it is quite possible. Also considering they would have such plots in "Mission Impossible" back in the late 1960s, having a taped raecord of a voice or taping an incident is not out of the question in 1986 (even the Sony Walkman had a record feature and microphone as early as 1979 with the better ones (journalist quality) coming out in 1984)
Don't forget, they have a tape recorder and player in the dining hall, presumably in every game. It's not only possible, it's been mentioned in the story.

We only see it in EP5 though.
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline  
Old 2009-10-13, 18:49   Link #1240
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well that's Lambda for you. She's running a parody of Beatrice's game.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.