AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-18, 23:36   Link #221
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
This reminds me of the scene from 00 where Neil tries to kill Setsuna because he finds out that Setsuna was a terrorist. If Setsuna was a person who worked with your parent's killer, Neil's first thoughts would be "what the hell's this guy doing on our team?". I'm sure Faldio probably felt that way about Alicia when he found out that that Alicia's a valkyria.
You being sure is probably irrelevant at this point, as we were not given a reason why Faldio shot Alicia, nor do we have any evidence to suggest that he was processing his thoughts the way Neil did. And if he did, why apologize?

Moreover, if we are going to take this much assumptions and guesswork to connect the plot, then it probably already failed script-wise.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-18 at 23:51.
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 23:52   Link #222
Captain Roronoa Zoro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: somewhere.....
faldio just became my favorite character
Captain Roronoa Zoro is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 00:18   Link #223
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You being sure is probably irrelevant at this point, as we were not given a reason why Faldio shot Alicia, nor do we have any evidence to suggest that he was processing his thoughts the way Neil did. And if he did, why apologize?

Moreover, if we are going to take this much assumptions and guesswork to connect the plot, then it probably already failed script-wise.

- Tak
Because he is convinced that to beat a Valkyria another Valkyria is required.

With this, good morning to everybody... Just woke up and see that you added two additional pages still discussing wether Faldio has a reason or not...
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 00:21   Link #224
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Because he is convinced that to beat a Valkyria another Valkyria is required.

With this, good morning to everybody... Just woke up and see that you added two additional pages still discussing wether Faldio has a reason or not...
You know... this was never about whether Faldio had the reason or not... this was more about the horrible presentation that we are witnessing.

The script is so terribly done that it had rendered one of the most important plot impotent. I really don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. Look, whether Fad had a reason or not at this point is of secondary importance. A badly placed plot device is still a badly placed plot device.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 00:23   Link #225
Death Header
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 22
Quote:
You being sure is probably irrelevant at this point, as we were not given a reason why Faldio shot Alicia, nor do we have any evidence to suggest that he was processing his thoughts the way Neil did. And if he did, why apologize?
Even though the time between Faldio's loss of Squad 1 and Alicia's "assasination" was pretty short, Faldio already knew that Alicia was a valkyria beforhand, so that's why Faldio acted this way. Instead of babbling about this whole "processing and calculation", how come we can't assume that Faldio did this out of whole desperation because Alicia is the same kind as the killer of Squad 1? An adaptation doesn't have to be the exact same as the game itself you know.

Quote:
Not surprisingly, from this point on, everything will feel rushed because of the lack of focus that had preceded!
Stop assuming that things will become screwed up because the directors screwed up at least one thing. How do you know that this series is going to turn exactly like what you predicted?

Quote:
With this, good morning to everybody... Just woke up and see that you added two additional pages still discussing wether Faldio has a reason or not...
Even if Faldio did have a reason or not, the outcome will become clear; Alicia would awaken as a Valkyria. End of Discussion.
Quote:
The script is so terribly done that it had rendered one of the most important plot impotent.
Now you're just overreacting.
__________________
Death Header is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 00:28   Link #226
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know... this was never about whether Faldio had the reason or not... this was more about the horrible presentation that we are witnessing.

The script is so terribly done that it had rendered one of the most important plot impotent. I really don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. Look, whether Fad had a reason or not at this point is of secondary importance. A badly placed plot device is still a badly placed plot device.

- Tak
Thinking about what you just said you may be correct. But since the whole series was not 1:1 with the game I can' t really complain that they changed some scenarios. I think the key message has been given and that is that Faldio is the one who "awakens" the valkyria in alicia.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 00:44   Link #227
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
An adaptation doesn't have to be the exact same as the game itself you know.
Nor does an adaption have to feel like a piece of shit. Especially if half the series felt like an attempt at trolling... then I have second thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Stop assuming that things will become screwed up because the directors screwed up at least one thing. How do you know that this series is going to turn exactly like what you predicted?
1. You might want to tell me this when we were at... episode 4.
2. What do you think I expect this to turn out? At this point, you are seriously telling me that I should 'expect' anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Even if Faldio did have a reason or not, the outcome will become clear; Alicia would awaken as a Valkyria. End of Discussion.
Oh dear Valkyrie! Say it ain't so! I really didn't see that coming! Really!? Nah, really?!

Yeah, no shit! But that was never the point of this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Now you're just overreacting.
Bad script is bad script, and I don't feel like taking crap laying down. I don't know about you, but thats none of my business.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 00:59   Link #228
Death Header
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 22
Quote:
Nor does an adaption have to feel like a piece of shit. Especially if half the series felt like an attempt at trolling... then I have second thoughts.
That's your opinion, not everyone else's.

Quote:
Bad script is bad script, and I don't feel like taking crap laying down. I don't know about you, but thats none of my business.
If this is none of your business why do you keep complaining about the script then? I honestly thought that the script in this series wasn't really that bad (although if VC was going to be 50 episodes I would've been happy.)

and for god's sakes chill out man.
__________________
Death Header is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 01:34   Link #229
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
Wow and aww.

Spoiler for Squad 1 and Alicia...:
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 01:50   Link #230
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
OK... who left a loaded gun with the crazy guy, is it for him to off himself or something? Guess I'm expecting too much common sense from TV

All I can say is, it's lucky Fat General did not want Squad 7 on the front lines, or it'll turn into squad 1's show from now on.

Still I find Faldio's change a bit strange, I believe it was 2 eps ago that he said something to the extent of having lost 4 men and he doesn't blame himself for it. Guess a entire squad was too much for him
JokerD is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 01:58   Link #231
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post

Stop assuming that things will become screwed up because the directors screwed up at least one thing. How do you know that this series is going to turn exactly like what you predicted?
Years of experience my friend. We've seen it all before already. We know fail when we see it.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 02:08   Link #232
dark_samurai11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Did anyoneone else see him trying out a sniper rifle in one of the previous episodes. I'm guessing he was going to use it on alicia, but changed his mind. He thought he could win the war without awakening alicias powers, but seeing his squad get destroyed changed his mind. I guess he thought he needed a valkyia afterall, he said sorry because he knew he was going to have to shoot her to awaken her valkyria power.
dark_samurai11 is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 02:36   Link #233
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
OK... who left a loaded gun with the crazy guy, is it for him to off himself or something? Guess I'm expecting too much common sense from TV

All I can say is, it's lucky Fat General did not want Squad 7 on the front lines, or it'll turn into squad 1's show from now on.

Still I find Faldio's change a bit strange, I believe it was 2 eps ago that he said something to the extent of having lost 4 men and he doesn't blame himself for it. Guess a entire squad was too much for him
You are in the middle of a battlefield. Don't know how your military are spending their time in camp but during shift/duty most higher and the sergeants ranked carry their weapon with them.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 02:37   Link #234
snarf2691
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_samurai11 View Post
Did anyoneone else see him trying out a sniper rifle in one of the previous episodes. I'm guessing he was going to use it on alicia, but changed his mind. He thought he could win the war without awakening alicias powers, but seeing his squad get destroyed changed his mind. I guess he thought he needed a valkyia afterall, he said sorry because he knew he was going to have to shoot her to awaken her valkyria power.
yeah i saw him practicing with the rifle which made me believe the scenario would work out like the game and that scene would be a little hint for people who watch carefully. sadly the writers decided to take away the guessing game and have faldio shoot alicia in person.

and selvaria's valkyrur powers are being overplayed a bit are they not?
snarf2691 is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 03:34   Link #235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
That's your opinion, not everyone else's.
Actually it's about 90% of the people's opinions who post in this sub section.

Including mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf2691 View Post
and selvaria's valkyrur powers are being overplayed a bit are they not?
No not really. The legend speaks of this kind of power, and that's what you see in this episode.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 04:02   Link #236
snarf2691
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No not really. The legend speaks of this kind of power, and that's what you see in this episode.
i figured that the power in the legend and the "darcsen calamity" was so fearful due to there being more than one valkyrur with such strength. i can understand that selvaria could destroy a tank with such a charge, but wouldn't there be a limitation to how vast her destruction can be in one blow? wouldn't her ragnite infused weapon at least be destroyed from that blast? i mean she took out the entire field. even in the game selvaria and alicia's powers were limited to destroying a turret and a bunker at most with one blow, but not an entire battlefield in one hit.
snarf2691 is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 04:47   Link #237
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Age: 33
You people still believe that destruction was caused by Selveria? Didn't you get the hint at 14:00 in the episode:

Spoiler for what really happened:
don_Durandal is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 04:50   Link #238
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
I seriously hope Alicia doesn't wake up later and tells Faldio that she forgives him for shooting/trying to kill her.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34701&dateline=122081  2182
JackRydden224 is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 05:48   Link #239
Lexich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
What we see here is Faldio shooting Alicia. He is shell-shocked, lost all his squad to terrible Valkyria's power. He also likes Alicia, and knows she is Valkyria herself. I'm pretty sure he thinks "no one should be allowed such a power" at this moment.
You have already seen, he does what needs to be done, just like when he effectively sacrificed those Darksen refugees. That's why he is sorry, but still kills Alicia.
Lexich is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 05:51   Link #240
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I seriously hope Alicia doesn't wake up later and tells Faldio that she forgives him for shooting/trying to kill her.
Or even worse, no one ever finds out he did anything.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.