AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-19, 05:52   Link #241
nikolaszax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexich View Post
What we see here is Faldio shooting Alicia. He is shell-shocked, lost all his squad to terrible Valkyria's power. He also likes Alicia, and knows she is Valkyria herself. I'm pretty sure he thinks "no one should be allowed such a power" at this moment.
You have already seen, he does what needs to be done, just like when he effectively sacrificed those Darksen refugees. That's why he is sorry, but still kills Alicia.
I disagree.
Remember when he is in the room questioned by damon?He takes a glimpse at the valkyria weapons on the wall(cordellia's weapons).
So when he shoots alicia he is basically thinking that there is no hope against Selvaria and only a valkyria can counter her.Thus why he shoots her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Or even worse, no one ever finds out he did anything.
Lol that would be retarted.He shot her in a populated area,everyone must have heard the shot(but it's an anime ,you never know) .Kinda stupid since the sniper shot had the meaning of not everyone finding out who the shooter was since it would bring uneasy feelings in the ranks of the army.Not a good thing when everyone in the army knows that someone is shooting his comrades....
nikolaszax is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 05:53   Link #242
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexich View Post
What we see here is Faldio shooting Alicia. He is shell-shocked, lost all his squad to terrible Valkyria's power. He also likes Alicia, and knows she is Valkyria herself. I'm pretty sure he thinks "no one should be allowed such a power" at this moment.
You have already seen, he does what needs to be done, just like when he effectively sacrificed those Darksen refugees. That's why he is sorry, but still kills Alicia.
I would have said the same if the anime had not shown that Faldio sees the lance and shield Cordelia has brought with her to the camp. But I think and believe he grasps on the oppurtunity that she is a true descendant of the valkyria.
He knows that:
- she is actually an orphan child with no memory of her parents
- she has self generation powers
- ragnite reacts on her

Let's just see in the next episode. As we see the Edelweiss energy core was reacting in the next episode preview maybe we see a Gallian Valkyrie

And yes, I think most here are aware of Faldio risking lifes to reach a higher goal. We have the same issue her. The funny thing is just that some of those who supported his decision in Fouzen now are shocked that he shots a beloved friend and comrade just to gamble that she can match Selvaria in a Vakyria vs. Valkyria combat.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 05:57   Link #243
nikolaszax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Does anyone remember
Spoiler:
.
I believe it was the ruins but since they were destroyed how will we learn the truth?
nikolaszax is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 06:01   Link #244
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaszax View Post
Does anyone remember
Spoiler:
.
I believe it was the ruins but since they were destroyed how will we learn the truth?
From Cordelia. That's supposed to happen later.
don_Durandal is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 06:01   Link #245
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaszax View Post
Does anyone remember
Spoiler:
.
I believe it was the ruins but since they were destroyed how will we learn the truth?
Spoiler for spoiler reply:
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 07:22   Link #246
RedWing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
This episode was really surprising. I really don't know what people are complaining about tbh.
RedWing is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 07:27   Link #247
Gilgamesh00
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Or even worse, no one ever finds out he did anything.
But will be great if he kill yourself in the end.
Gilgamesh00 is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 09:25   Link #248
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Or even worse, no one ever finds out he did anything.
ahh yes I can picture it...

Alicia: (wakes up after being shot) I felt this pain in my chest.
Fabio: Are you okay Alicia you fainted.
Alicia: Yeah, somehow I felt like my powers just increase over 9000!!!
Sassarai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 09:33   Link #249
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
OMG WTF ! Ow , hope faldio die soon .
Damn . Well , i think Alicia will wake up in Valkyria mode and protect all !
Die selvaria and maximilliam too .

We are close to the end .
-Sho- is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 11:02   Link #250
Death Header
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 22
Quote:
Actually it's about 90% of the people's opinions who post in this sub section.

Including mine.
bunch of bullcrap. Don't assume without giving actual proof first. For all we know, this series might even have a second series (that's be pretty awesome).

Quote:
OMG WTF ! Ow , hope faldio die soon .
Damn . Well , i think Alicia will wake up in Valkyria mode and protect all !
Die selvaria and maximilliam too .
I'm assuming that like in the opening scene, Selvaria and Alicia are going to have a face off? (This isn't spoiler, it's been shown in the OP already)
__________________

Last edited by Death Header; 2009-08-19 at 11:34.
Death Header is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 11:07   Link #251
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
^
is that just a big game spoiler above me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post

And yes, I think most here are aware of Faldio risking lifes to reach a higher goal. We have the same issue her. The funny thing is just that some of those who supported his decision in Fouzen now are shocked that he shots a beloved friend and comrade just to gamble that she can match Selvaria in a Vakyria vs. Valkyria combat.
Their issue is not with Fabio risking Alicia's life, their issue is the way it was presented.
Sassarai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 11:13   Link #252
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
bunch of bullcrap. Don't assume without giving actual proof first. For all we know, this series might even have a second series (that's be pretty awesome).
You want proof? Go read the episode threads. There's your proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
^
is that just a big game spoiler above me?
Yep, a huge spoiler. Shall report it to the mods.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 11:17   Link #253
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You want proof? Go read the episode threads. There's your proof.
Shiroth, don't waste your time and energy on such guys like Death Header. It is worthless - he does not read others posts.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 11:26   Link #254
Death Header
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 22
Quote:
^
is that just a big game spoiler above me?
Remind me, how do you use the spoiler tags again? Thank you.
__________________
Death Header is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 11:28   Link #255
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Remind me, how do you use the spoiler tags again? Thank you.
A spoiler like that is against the rules, even in spoiler tags.

As for spoiler tags:

Spoiler:


[spoiler]type message here[ /spoiler]

Just close the space in the second spoiler bracket.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 11:49   Link #256
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
bunch of bullcrap. Don't assume without giving actual proof first. For all we know, this series might even have a second series (that's be pretty awesome).
Not based on the second game then, since it won't be out any time soon.

Actually if there is a second anime series (which I doubt) I do hope the scenario would be completely original and they don't butcher a perfectly fine plot like they did with the first game and current serie.
don_Durandal is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 12:06   Link #257
aldricho
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
we'll we get to see Princess Cordelia fight?
aldricho is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 13:22   Link #258
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldricho View Post
we'll we get to see Princess Cordelia fight?
hmm, depends on what you might consider fighting, all l can say she did partake in one of the major game battle.
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 14:46   Link #259
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post


Yep, a huge spoiler. Shall report it to the mods.
Sigh, feels like I don't even need to play VC anymore since I'm spoiled to death. I'm going to play Tales of Vesperia instead when I decide to get a PS3 slim. Hopefully I'll get it before fans have a chance to spoil me on that too -_-.
Sassarai is offline  
Old 2009-08-19, 14:59   Link #260
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Sigh, feels like I don't even need to play VC anymore since I'm spoiled to death. I'm going to play Tales of Vesperia instead when I decide to get a PS3 slim. Hopefully I'll get it before fans have a chance to spoil me on that too -_-.
Uh, if you watch the opening that was already spoiled. There've been discussions about this for quite some time.

And even if you think the story is spoiled, playing the game is still well worth it, IMO. It's just that good.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.