AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 02:20   Link #301
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
That's stating the obvious. Assumptions are assumptions, and I'm not claiming to know what's exactly going to happen in this anime's next episode.

But I do know one thing: a story of this kind should make sense. Proper development makes sense. That's all I'm saying.

And no, a time skip for the writer's convenience is just going to make things worse.
You're assuming that the writers for the anime have the capacity to actually string together a coherent and logical plot.

This is the brick wall that your logic is hitting and why you are feeling confused.
Old 2009-08-20, 02:35   Link #302
kujoe
from head to heel

Geez, man.

Tell me about it.
Old 2009-08-20, 06:16   Link #303
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I want an OVA based on the DLCs.
"Behind Her Blue Flame" was already kind of (very loosely) adapted in episode 9.

There's not enough material to make an OVA out of "Enter the Edy Detachment" either, unless they make up a story. I was kind of hoping they would make an episode out of it when I saw the side cast for Squad 7. All that is missing is Lynn, and she can be introduced through Karl anyway.

Well, unless they make something like the beach episode.
Old 2009-08-20, 06:41   Link #304
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Well, unless they make something like the beach episode.
This is probably the only chance we have at seeing something similar to 'Enter the Edy Detachment'. Actually i'm pretty sure there will be a special with each released DVD volume, so the chances of that happening should be quite high. Fingers crossed anyway.
Old 2009-08-20, 07:31   Link #305
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
VC wasn't suppose to be happy-go-lucky, since it does have a war setting, that was just a negative side effect of the original writers wanting to use 3d engines for something pretty instead of raw, brutal and ugly. The war is hell theme is overused and depressing, with plenty of great works out there as there is.

But as what this episode showed?...It was kinda jokes...>.< a Narm imo
Exactly. That's where the anime has gone wrong, in my opinion. The feel was much, much different from the game. I hardly got the feeling that we were in a war through much of the anime.

"Oh, BTW, there were some battles... now back to Emo Time, with your host, Faldio!"

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-20, 08:05   Link #306
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
The feel was much, much different from the game. I hardly got the feeling that we were in a war through much of the anime.
It sure does, doesn't it?

In the game, a brief moment of respite is reward for a long day's battle.

In the anime, a brief moment of battle is a reward for a long day of emo!

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-08-20, 08:49   Link #307
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Faldio=FAIL

Man im trying not to rage so i will keep it brief. This episode was bad i mean not horribly bad but bad. Instead of pitying Faldio when his squad got their asses handed to him i just laughed because oh how the might have fallen. Maybe Walkin should come in and give him a little punch to cheer him up. Oh wait im sorry if he did that he would have to step over Alicia who now has a bullet in her because of him. Sigh the way they presented it was just wrong. A lot of people are asking why he shot her was it because he thought she was dangerous or he needed a catalyst to bring out her Valkyria powers. Doesn't matter things will be revealed shortly. That was not so bad i didn't rage im proud of myself.

Interesting to see what direction they are going to take.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:02   Link #308
Joe_fh

^^ Guess I wan't the only one laughing at the scene were Faldio shot her
Old 2009-08-20, 09:04   Link #309
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Yeah there were quite a few of us here who laughed. I laughed based on the reason that the whole sniper-rifle scenes were such a tease.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:10   Link #310
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

I laughed because I, personally, thought it was very poorly done, here.

Old 2009-08-20, 10:18   Link #311
Joe_fh

Well as I said a few pages back (come on that was a long reply in this thread it should have started a nice discussion XD )We've seen the opening so this scne was just plain funny.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:23   Link #312
Keeper

Ever since I saw the new opening I've been afraid this day would come. Valkyria Chronicles is yet another magical girl anime.

What a disappointment.

So long, it was fun while it lasted but now I'm dropping the series.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:41   Link #313
Sassarai
Army of One

Am I the only one that doesn't get why people need to announce that they are dropping an anime? Do they want people to beg them not to?
Old 2009-08-20, 10:46   Link #314
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Isara's death is probably one of the saddest scenes I have ever seen. Ramal's death probably put me at ease.

Valkyria isn't that bad. The storyline is pretty good IMO.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-08-20, 11:13   Link #315
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

I have a feelings that the co-producers will just cram whatever plotline they have left into 5 episodes.
Old 2009-08-20, 12:13   Link #316
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Pretty soon we will be saying goodbye to another awesome character, who really got shafted in screen time due to original uneeded material. l really had wish they had given this character more screen time.....l wonder if they will keep the epic scene ...
Old 2009-08-20, 12:53   Link #317
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

I wouldn't get my hopes up >.< I'm expecting radical changes to that...
Old 2009-08-20, 15:04   Link #318
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't get why people need to announce that they are dropping an anime? Do they want people to beg them not to?
It makes them feel big.

Quote:
Isara's death is probably one of the saddest scenes I have ever seen. Ramal's death probably put me at ease.

Valkyria isn't that bad. The storyline is pretty good IMO.
I think they wasted too much time wagging through other plots instead of focusing on the principal ones because now it seems they are just gonna bulldoze through it.
Old 2009-08-20, 15:50   Link #319
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I did for that and Ramal's death. When they occurred both times I just kinda chuckled and went, "Wow... are you kidding?"

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-20, 17:34   Link #320
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I think they wasted too much time wagging through other plots instead of focusing on the principal ones because now it seems they are just gonna bulldoze through it.
Definitely this.

Seriously, what were at least 10 of those episodes about exactly? Heck, I stopped watching and only read summaries and Omni's blog from episode 4 onwards, but even so I've got a fair idea what 1-6 and a few between now and then were about but... there's a lot of episodes that I can't recall if they actually did anything worthwhile or not.

The climax of VC deserves more than the 6 episodes it's going to be given imo.
Closed Thread