AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-17, 17:30   Link #121
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And if memory serves, game Faldio concluded the same way through research and such. Alicia and Selvaria were just one of few Valkyrias running around throughout history.

The ruins were about the story, not about the biology of the Valkyrias.
As I said before, even if Faldio had concluded that Alicia was amongst the few surviving Valkyries and thus shot her from behind, that very reason had effectively been rendered impotent by virtue of this script's presentation.

Therefore, no, this episode does not convince us that Faldio shot her because he wanted to awake her powers. Even if he shot her for the purpose of waking her, this episode had utterly failed in presenting that process.

- Tak

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence." George Washington

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
COME JOIN THE FUN!!
Old 2009-08-17, 19:06   Link #122
Father Hentai

Well guess we have to wait the next episode to see if the shot was fatal or not. but from what we see in page perspective the shot was lethal with the intention to kill.

Spoiler for About Faldio, Alicia and her powers:

With this maybe we are back in line although Faldio did not shot at her with a sniper rifle but shooting from behind has the same effect.

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2009-08-17 at 19:22.
Old 2009-08-17, 19:34   Link #123
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
And if memory serves, game Faldio concluded the same way through research and such. Alicia and Selvaria were just one of few Valkyrias running around throughout history.

The ruins were about the story, not about the biology of the Valkyrias.
The research done by Faldio was way more extensive in the game AND...

Spoiler for in-game stuff:

In any case, depicting a scene like that in anime is beyond me, no matter the motivation behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Well guess we have to wait the next episode to see if the shot was fatal or not. but from what we see in page perspective the shot was lethal with the intention to kill.
In bold: we'll see, but that would be rash and really unnecessary when there are many ways to do this instead of shooting into someone's back.
Old 2009-08-17, 19:39   Link #124
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
In any case, depicting a scene like that in anime is beyond me, no matter the motivation behind.
If we take in count that Selvaria also had to do suicide to awaken her power, then it makes sense. No doubt, the scenere were hard to swallow but I think it is a better way to show how Faldio has changed. He risks friendships, friends, comrades (at this point because he also lost comrades) for a higher goal.

With a Valkyria on the Gallian side this makes the tide of power between the imps and gallian troop equal again.

Quote:
In bold: we'll see, but that would be rash and really unnecessary.
unnecessary or not we know what it needs (in the anime) to awaken the valkyrian powers.
Old 2009-08-17, 20:09   Link #125
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
As I said before, even if Faldio had concluded that Alicia was amongst the few surviving Valkyries and thus shot her from behind, that very reason had effectively been rendered impotent by virtue of this script's presentation.

Therefore, no, this episode does not convince us that Faldio shot her because he wanted to awake her powers. Even if he shot her for the purpose of waking her, this episode had utterly failed in presenting that process.

- Tak
+1

That's the main point, really. There's no way that fool Yokote will sell me the idea that he wanted to awaken Alicia's powers with the way he shot her with cold blood without thinking one second about the risks.

What I wrote earlier about how the shooting was originally done, everything was planned and calculated (including the risks) by Faldio. Where's the rational part in this rendition? Nowhere around, that's for sure.
Old 2009-08-17, 20:47   Link #126
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
You don't seem to understand three things.
1. Those aren't shown on screen doesn't mean they don't exist. I can't see cockroaches in my house, so are they not there?

Ah if we go by this rule.... then l have the answer as to why faldio shot Alicia...

He slept with her offscreen and got her pregnant....Alicia was going to ask him again to take some sort of responsibility for his actions but didn't have the heart to go through with it after seeing what had just happen to him. Faldio being the smart man he is knew the real reason why she came to pay him a visit....seeing her give her back to him... he saw this as an opportunity to kill her off to escape taking responsibility for getting her pregnant!

it all makes sense now.....that BASTARD!...

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-08-17 at 21:23.
Old 2009-08-17, 21:19   Link #127
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Ah if we go by this rule.... then l have the answer as to why faldio shot Alicia...

He slept with her offscreen and got her pregnant....Alicia was going to ask him again to take some sort of responsibility for his actions but didn't have the heart to go through with it after seeing what had just happen to him. Faldio being the smart men he is knew the real reason why she came to pay him a visit....seeing her give her back to him... he saw this as an opportunity to kill her off to escape taking responsibility for getting her pregnant!

yea ok I'll admit I LOLed

you know this scenario is not impossible, unlikely but not impossible

totally reminds me of a ep from CSI
Old 2009-08-17, 22:09   Link #128
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post

He slept with her offscreen and got her pregnant....Alicia was going to ask him again to take some sort of responsibility for his actions but didn't have the heart to go through with it after seeing what had just happen to him. Faldio being the smart man he is knew the real reason why she came to pay him a visit....seeing her give her back to him... he saw this as an opportunity to kill her off to escape taking responsibility for getting her pregnant!

Now, that's some well-placed humour at this moment.

For some reason, half of your scenario reminded me a lot of a key moment in Trainspotting.
Old 2009-08-17, 22:27   Link #129
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
HAHAHA...of course he is using drugs"
I dunno, IMHO, the anime Welkin is the one who looks like he is perpetually stoned and on Xanax.
Old 2009-08-18, 00:12   Link #130
klare

i dont understand:

1) why Faldio shot Alicia? did he read from the books about something we dont know?

2) why the Queen, who is a Valkyria and owns the spear and shield did not use her power to fight? it is impossible that all this while nobody inform her she has that power

3) it seems the side that possess more Valkyria will win, why did the Empire invade a country with a Valkyria on the throne? she may have relatives who are Valkyrias too

it is disappointing as i expected better animation when Selvaria used her powers
Old 2009-08-18, 00:23   Link #131
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Well we'll see how the next episode handles it if it's following the game more closely now.

What I'm more curious about is how Faldio wiggles his way out of this one.....
Old 2009-08-18, 00:32   Link #132
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
1) why Faldio shot Alicia? did he read from the books about something we dont know?
At this point, I have the impression that majority opinion on this matter is: he went nuts.

Quote:
2) why the Queen, who is a Valkyria and owns the spear and shield did not use her power to fight? it is impossible that all this while nobody inform her she has that power
You will find out soon enough. It may surprise you.

Quote:
3) it seems the side that possess more Valkyria will win, why did the Empire invade a country with a Valkyria on the throne? she may have relatives who are Valkyrias toos
Refer to point 2. Although I suppose you can say the Empire made a tactical mistake of not realizing that Alicia is a Valkyrie. But she has nothing to do with the Queen, and perhaps Sel consider herself to be more experienced in the field of battle.

- Tak

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence." George Washington

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
COME JOIN THE FUN!!
Old 2009-08-18, 00:46   Link #133
Father Hentai

Quote:
+1

That's the main point, really. There's no way that fool Yokote will sell me the idea that he wanted to awaken Alicia's powers with the way he shot her with cold blood without thinking one second about the risks.

What I wrote earlier about how the shooting was originally done, everything was planned and calculated (including the risks) by Faldio. Where's the rational part in this rendition? Nowhere around, that's for sure.
Uhm. To be honest. Wether you get sniped from behind or shot from behind both are cold blooded actions. In both cases it takes the risk of a comrades life.

The main difference is that we see one more element in the anime: desperation.
Old 2009-08-18, 00:55   Link #134
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
The main difference is that we see one more element in the anime: desperation.
Again, we have plenty of evidence to support Faldio's actions in the game, despite a mistake still being as such.

In the anime, no such evidence was presented. The only logical conclusion at this point is that he went crazy.

Even if he had a reason, it is no longer convincing with this script's presentation.

- Tak

COME JOIN THE FUN!!
Old 2009-08-18, 01:27   Link #135
fi3ryfalc0nZ
Seigi-Fansubs Fansubber

Hey,
I want to ask. What is the name of the Maximilian's tank in Episode 20. It doesn't sound like Batomys, but Geybil. Hahas. Another is the two person from Squad 1 I guess. Faldio called them to go around to the back of Selvaria. Are they called, Nils and Herbert? Please reply asap.
Old 2009-08-18, 01:54   Link #136
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
What I'm more curious about is how Faldio wiggles his way out of this one.....
Am I the only who thinks that he actually will wiggle his way out of this?

I mean, I won't be surprised if the anime will show just that—whether through a ridiculous manner or otherwise. It's either this, or the character will get a moment of redemption of sorts.
Old 2009-08-18, 02:16   Link #137
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Everyone will say - it's all right Faldio, shooting comrades in the back when you are sad is perfectly understandable - we all do that to relieve stress. And now instead of dead soldier we have a brand new valkyrie. You are are a fucking hero, Faldio! You need a bloody medal now!

Ad then everyone will clap saying congratulations (including Alicia) and Faldio will bow surrounded by white flowers.

It's not like war tribunal exists in this anime. Not for super-Fabio at least.
Old 2009-08-18, 02:21   Link #138
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, I was thinking of lots of heart-wrenching emoting, some drama tears shed, and finally, a calming smile to ease the burden.

"When I shot you, I felt myself getting shot too." *group hug*

But hey, your idea works too.

Ohh yes, I'm such a pessimistic and bitter bastard sometimes. I need to channel some positivity once in a while.
Old 2009-08-18, 02:40   Link #139
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3ryfalc0nZ View Post
Hey,
Another is the two person from Squad 1 I guess. Faldio called them to go around to the back of Selvaria. Are they called, Nils and Herbert? Please reply asap.
It was actually 3 people, Nils, Herbert and Alex
Old 2009-08-18, 02:47   Link #140
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Or it could go this way.

Faldio at war tribunal.

T: Squad 1 commander Faldio, you are blamed for shooting a fellow soldier from the back. What have you to say in your defense?
F: I was sad.
T: But wasn't that soldier in a close relationship with you?
F: I was really sad.
T: That makes sense. But how did you came up with shooting in the first place?
F: It as written in fairy-tales .
T: Excuse me?
F: Well you know - Valkyrie and seven gnomes, Valkyriella, Valk-
T: And you shot because of that?!
F: Fairy-tales were with illustrations.
*du-du-du-dum!*
T: Ah, that makes sense. You are free to go. Oh, and next time use sniper rifle.
Closed Thread