AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-19, 19:04   Link #1
Justin Kim
*Artist

Can anyone reccomend me a series very similar to Dragonauts?

Can anyone reccomend me a series that is similar to Dragonauts, with the romance aspect being emphasized heavily as well?
Old 2009-08-20, 07:17   Link #2
Saleh
Inactive

It might be a easier if you specify the elements you are looking for instead. Many individuals who endured Dragonaut don't have very fond memories of it. In the meantime take a look at synopsis of Melody Of Oblivion(which was as good as Dragonaut) and Neon Genesis Evangelion(which has some similarities with Dragonaut). Also, suggesting Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor, Macross - Do You Remember Love and Escaflowne
Old 2009-08-20, 11:21   Link #3
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
I second Escaflowne and Melody of Oblivion.
I still don't understand what Dragonauts are as a point of refference. Mecha, dragons and lame story is what you are looking for?
Old 2009-08-20, 13:21   Link #4
cerrian

Probably the physics-defying boobies and inter-species undying love that saves the world from Armageddon. Dragonauts showed us that if all else fails when the world faced imminent destruction, then all you need is love....and a pair of panties on your head to save the day.

I'm sure there's some anime out there that's similar to Dragonauts. Just for the life of me I can't come up with a name right now...nonetheless, you've provided an interesting little challenge to occupy my day with =)
Old 2009-08-20, 22:11   Link #5
Justin Kim
*Artist

The romance was good, voice-acting was O.K., Kazuki was the only dumb idiot in that anime that I really wanted to die.

To be more specific, a romance genre that was somewhat similar to Dragonauts.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:28   Link #6
velvet nightmare

what was so bad with this anime, i didnt think it deserved that much negative opinions

though i dropped it 20 episodes in b/c the story didn't make sense, and i actually sympathize with kazuki. he kept on getting the short end of the stick
Old 2009-08-21, 02:58   Link #7
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
The romance was good, voice-acting was O.K., Kazuki was the only dumb idiot in that anime that I really wanted to die.

To be more specific, a romance genre that was somewhat similar to Dragonauts.
Melody of Oblivion it is then.
Old 2009-08-21, 11:26   Link #8
coren

Talking

I have to admit I quite liked dragonaut for the first six or so episodes, though I never actually finished the series. In any case, for mecha and inter-species romance you could try Eureka Seven.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:22   Link #9
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coren View Post
I have to admit I quite liked dragonaut for the first six or so episodes, though I never actually finished the series. In any case, for mecha and inter-species romance you could try Eureka Seven.

I'd have to agree with coren here. As much as my mind rebels against the thought of grouping Eureka Seven and Dragonauts together, in truth they have quite a lot in common in terms of plot and story. It's just that the execution in Eureka Seven is so much superior. Check it out, it definitly has the romance, mecha, and adventure elements you're looking for.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:56   Link #10
npcomplete

IMO dragonauts would've been better if it had utilized the fan service.. because despite the gravity defying boobies, no one in the show actually paid any attention to them..
Old 2009-08-21, 16:45   Link #11
TCman

If I have to compare with the plots, I think Stellvia come some what close, but with less romance.

And how about Vandread (Season 1 + 2), Gurren Lagann.
Old 2009-08-21, 22:43   Link #12
Justin Kim
*Artist

I thought Gurren Lagann wasn't a romance genre, but still the mecha concept?