AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 162 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 8.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 8.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.40%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 10 2.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 40 11.20%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-06, 08:17   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 19 Discussion / Poll [2009 added ep. 9]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Suzumiya Haruhi (2009), Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:18   Link #2
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Copypasta so everyone's up to date.

Spoiler for Episode content spoiler from ANN:
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-08-06 at 08:20. Reason: added spoiler tags
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:20   Link #3
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Let's keep the ANN/NewType news in spoiler tags at least until the episode airs. Granted that it's like the world's worst kept secret, but still... Keep in mind that was a leak from a magazine that wasn't supposed to come out until next week.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:21   Link #4
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Not betting. I can't even watch the stream tonight, since I'm in Singapore where the WiFi is hokey.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:22   Link #5
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 29
I hope it doesn't end, I want to see far the rage can get. Double points if anything physical happens.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:22   Link #6
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think that it's ending. The alternative would mean some pretty extreme things are true about KyoAni...
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:52   Link #7
Jenni
B-baka!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arizona
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to Jenni
Soon E8 will be over, yesss...
__________________

Come check out Project Haruhi!
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:04   Link #8
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Be wary of thou excessively high hopes, lest they all becommeth raging flames in the worst predicament.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Space Dandy
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:06   Link #9
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
This is it, people.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:19   Link #10
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Not betting. I can't even watch the stream tonight, since I'm in Singapore where the WiFi is hokey.
You are? I wanna meet you.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:19   Link #11
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Making metal ... for fish
Age: 34
I predict we'll totally bust the myth that Kadokawa and KyoAni love Haruhi and Her fanbase this week. I'll say that there's a 50% chance that this loop will carry on, per-normal. I'll give it a 25% chance that they'll drag the ending out to two parts, a 15% chance they'll pull some other whacked-out stunt to avoid airing the conclusion to E8, a 10% chance that the loop will end as we're hoping, and a 90% chance of NERD RAGE!!!11 followed by extreme indifference and snarking.

We're all going to become Kyon, I tell you!
__________________
Go into the water. Live there. Die there.
GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:23   Link #12
SidVicious
Anime addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: São Paulo/Brazil
Age: 37
The end is near.
__________________
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:30   Link #13
calorie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tannhäuser Gate
Age: 25
Either way, I'll be sure to read about what happened here first instead of downloading the episode. If I start watching and it turns out to be another sequence of time loop I'm afraid I might watch the whole thing as I have been doing so far which I mustn't - the feeling how I was wasting precious time of my life was just too great the last time.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:31   Link #14
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
We've made it guys, we've finally made it!

typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:31   Link #15
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
The end is near.
uh, what end is near? the world? or Endless 8?

i think you should use "the Freedom is near" instead
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:31   Link #16
wittyusername
Seitenkan's Loli
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: THIS HOLE WAS MADE FOR ME
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to wittyusername
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Chances of this are probably 8:1, in favor of it ending. I'll take bets on the left and your breakfast waffles on the right.
What if I bet with waffles, then?

Hmm... I really am not sure what to expect. Even if the odds are leaning towards towards it ending, it could still be another loop. Kadokawa doesn't seem to be the type to care about odds.
I kind of wish that the odds were really low, just so that I could pull a "0%? Sounds like 100% to me" thing, but...no.
__________________
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:31   Link #17
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
The end is near.
Dont get your hopes too high. *go back to be busted by space pirates*
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:37   Link #18
Uvthenfuv
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
The end is near.
Anything happens, that's true...
Case A, E8 ends.
Case B, E8 doesn't end.
Spoiler for Why?:


Anyways, I have this theory (don't know if anyone has thought of it before, probably yes) that the ending loop will be the
Spoiler for Theory:
Uvthenfuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:39   Link #19
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
What if I bet with waffles, then?
Then the odds are ∞:1 in favor of that you should share your waffles with me, and that Endless Eight will air soon.
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:43   Link #20
M.Marangio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
The episode will air at 26:20 on Sun TV (a delay of 100 minutes), but normally at 25:00 on Teletama.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.