AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 18:33   Link #1
KenjiKun

Ok I am out of anime and I need more! Here is my list: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/KenjiKun/anime and and I would like it to be a romance anime. And for the main male and female char to get together in the end. And have a happy ending.

Last edited by KenjiKun; 2009-08-21 at 18:31.
Old 2009-08-20, 18:40   Link #2
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Kare Kano - One of the most endearing and perfect high school romance stories, but stop watching at ep 11.

Whisper of the Heart - Again, a great film by Studio Ghibli, one of the best young romance stories.

Maison Ikkoku - Satisfying and memorable. It has some superficial resemblance to Love Hina which was on your list, but I think this one is a lot deeper. For example, the female lead actually has a valid reason for her hesitation in this one.

Those three are the ones that I think fit best with the requirement of a romance anime with a clear-cut couple who gets together by the end.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-08-20, 18:42   Link #3
KenjiKun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Kare Kano - One of the most endearing and perfect high school romance stories, but stop watching at ep 11.

Whisper of the Heart - Again, a great film by Studio Ghibli, one of the best young romance stories.

Maison Ikkoku - Satisfying and memorable. It has some superficial resemblance to Love Hina which was on your list, but I think this one is a lot deeper. For example, the female lead actually has a valid reason for her hesitation in this one.

Those three are the ones that I think fit best with the requirement of a romance anime with a clear-cut couple who gets together by the end.
Why would I stop at episode 11?
Old 2009-08-20, 18:48   Link #4
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiKun View Post
Why would I stop at episode 11?
The anime has no real ending anyway, uses ... hm ... creative animation techniques later on and doesn't necessarily get better overall ...

Be warned that the male lead of Maison ikkoku is really a wimp and doormat, You will never, ever again accuse Shinji Ikari or any emo mecha pilot of that after watching Maison Ikkoku.

I'd add Lovely Complex to the list.

Last edited by Slice of Life; 2009-08-20 at 19:01.
Old 2009-08-20, 19:44   Link #5
velvet nightmare

isn't it counter productive to add kare kano to the list of you should only watch up to 11 but consider it the end
Old 2009-08-20, 20:38   Link #6
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Quote:
isn't it counter productive to add kare kano to the list of you should only watch up to 11 but consider it the end
Not really. I think the first half of Kare Kano is one of the best love stories ever made and shouldn't be missed out on, but it starts to pursue a different direction in the second half that doesn't really add much, loses the formula that made the beginning so endearing. And like SOL said, the anime doesn't really have a concrete ending and budget problems start to show up, though sometimes they're handled creatively.

Looking at it that way, I suppose there's no point in actually stopping at 11, since its not like the second half does anything to harm your enjoyment of the first, it just might be rather disappointing and leave you with a sour impression of the series.

On Maison Ikkoku, yes, the lead is very much a "doormat" character. I do think though that the series has some excellent character development and he becomes quite respectable in his decisions by the end.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-08-20, 21:41   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Seconding Maison Ikkoku

One of the best romances ever.

As for Godai being a doormat... well yes, but he's aware of that fact and is trying hard to change it.
Old 2009-08-20, 21:47   Link #8
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Seconding Maison Ikkoku

One of the best romances ever.

As for Godai being a doormat... well yes, but he's aware of that fact and is trying hard to change it.
Half the fun is watching him grow into a respectable man in the end and thereby justifying the final romantic pairing. That's a whole lot better than most of the other romances out there where the growth, if there's even any, of the male lead tends to be dwarfed by the female counter part.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:22   Link #9
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
You should watch REC its exactly what your looking for.