AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-22, 04:49   Link #1
filthydani

Real good animes...

I am having trouble searching for a decent anime, allmost all animes now are so "girlish", which suck really bad, the only anime i watch recently are naruto, mazinger Z and FMA:B, i want something epic like kaiji, monster, Gantz, Shigurui,Karas

main charcter has to be MALE and not a 7 year old look like, the anime has to have interseting storyline...
Old 2009-08-22, 09:52   Link #2
cerrian

If you could point out which ones you find to be "girlish", that'll help us narrow down some recommendations for you.
Old 2009-08-22, 09:55   Link #3
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
If you could point out which ones you find to be "girlish", that'll help us narrow down some recommendations for you.
Moe-ish, romance genre, and harem most probably.

Anyways, Watch Black Lagoon then try calling Revy "girly".
Old 2009-08-22, 10:25   Link #4
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Something without a Shoujo theme, you're asking for? Well, I understand where you're coming from, so I'll give a couple of suggestions that should fit right in. Your best bet would be stuff similar with Naruto and FMA, for example, Shounen type anime (more action packed animation). But if you insist on anime like Monster and Grantz, then I won't chase it any farther.

Recommending: Berserk, Tokko, Outlaw Star and Souten no Ken.

Suggestions: Bleach, Needless, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo and Casshern Sins.

I've got more ideas if you don't agree with my choices.
Old 2009-08-22, 13:56   Link #5
qwertyuiopz

sengoku basara
its literally all action

Last edited by qwertyuiopz; 2009-08-22 at 15:25.
Old 2009-08-22, 14:11   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well... I'm not sure what old anime you've seen, and I can't think of any recent "action" anime that doesn't also have a "girlish" side to it.

Chrome Shelled Regios has a lot of action, but I think it also has a romance and angst filled side to it. Might be too girly, depending on how much you think giants swords, and chopping up monsters, and being a badass with an dark past outweighs the girls trying to snag the hero into a romance.

Most of the good actiony guy stuff is older. Have you seen Full Metal Panic? Especially funny if you've seen a lot of American war movies.

Of course, that's if by "not girly" you mean action filled guy stuff. On the other hand, maybe some other serious slice of life anime that has normal guys worrying about normal guy stuff is okay. If that's the case I would suggest Cross Game (don't be decieved by the first episode, you need to watch at least 3 episodes before getting an idea of how non-girly it is). While not an action anime like FMA, it does delve into the emotional side of being a guy, without... you know, making the guy all girly.

Sort of like FMA to be honest. I mean Ed and Al had to deal with some pretty heavy emotional stuff- but they deal with it the way guys actually deal with that kind of stuff. Instead of the way girls think guys should deal with emotional stuff. So it was emotional and all that, but without being girly.

Cross Game is sort of the same, but with baseball instead of alchemy.
Old 2009-08-22, 14:28   Link #7
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Seconding everything Rab said, adding in Baccano!
Old 2009-08-22, 15:46   Link #8
Hakuoro917
Obsessed Anime Syndrome
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Hakuoro917
How about Kara no Kyoukai. It's a series of seven movies that is nothing but action with some drama involved.
Old 2009-08-22, 16:51   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Akagi - It's Kaiji but with mahjong as the game...

Requiem for a Phantom
- Hitman thriller (The training of a hitman)

Golgo 13 TV - Doesn't get more non-girly than this....The world's number #1 assassin who bangs chicks on almost every mission...Go with him on a journey where killing a target, no matter how impossible it seems, is made easy...Because easy is a professional...
Old 2009-08-22, 18:16   Link #10
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Try Texhnolyze, having the same director as Shigurui, it has similar aesthetic sensibilities as well as the penchant for slow-burners and understated emotional scenes.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:45   Link #11
filthydani

Texhnolyze seems to be exactly what i am looking for, thanks everyone for the suggestions
Closed Thread