AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-06, 10:52   Link #221
Midonin
Last Engage

There will be students after Yuno's crew, and there were students before. Nice to see Ryoko Shiraishi in her brief appearance as Riri, as well as a look at what Sae and Hiro's first year must have been like. Some things (like Yoshinoya) never change, of course. As for the second half, I felt like I stepped into an eroge for a second with Yoshinoya's dialogue. And Yuno always knows that there's always a bigger rock.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 14:29   Link #222
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very nice episode.

It was indeed nice to see Sae and Hiro when they were first year. That flashback made me wonder how many years Yoshinoya has been bullied by the principal now, she just never seems to learn . The two senpai were cool, Misato kind of gave me an "older Miya" feel. Speaking of Miya, her counting in Chinese cracked me up, she never ceases to surprise me.

Hmm, this ep didn't end with Yuno in the bath, heresy ! Can't remember if this is the first time it happens or not. Hiro was a nice substitute.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:25   Link #223
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

That was an awesome episode. I laughed at Misato's comment about having younger people around when she was grabbing a bite with Sae and Hiro. It was nice to see the life of the previous residents.

I noticed the vibe between Sae and Hiro wasn't as... suggestive as it is now. Guess a lot can change in a year. Riri and Misato's talk at the beginning reminded me a lot about my friends and I prior to graduating high school.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 15:28   Link #224
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I noticed the vibe between Sae and Hiro wasn't as... suggestive as it is now. Guess a lot can change in a year.
It's one of the reasons why i really like this little flashback, because we can understand just how close the two have become since then, and what we've been seeing each and every episode. It really does make the pair look like a married couple in the present.

Yuno was seriously adorable in the second half of this episode. Especially with her "i shouldn't have said that" line.
Old 2010-03-06, 16:30   Link #225
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I noticed the vibe between Sae and Hiro wasn't as... suggestive as it is now. Guess a lot can change in a year.
There was still the bath scene where Hiro said she can't stop thinking about Sae though, sounded pretty "suggestive" to me. But yeah, they didn't look like a married couple yet, I guess you could say it was the start of their girl bromance (is there a word for that?).
Old 2010-03-06, 18:43   Link #226
Tsuchi

Hiro and Sae are just good friends who understand each other perfectly, from my point of view. Mysteries of female friendship, I'd say.

But maybe it's just me, who doesn't see Yuri till something serious happens. No matter how "kakkoi" Sae is!

Riri was pretty likeable, but I suppose that duo won't be exploited too much anymore.

Nice episode overall. I really liked the scene with the Weeping Woman rock.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:27   Link #227
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
Nazuna needs mooooore screentime. Also, Chika's episode was A+, it was a long time without Kugimiya's voice in the anime I watch but SHAFT won't give us more eps with her ;_;

Riri and Misato's episode was really good, got me hooked up in the food scene, Hiro's bath scene (oh god hnng) and the Weeping Woman scene.

jorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 20:26   Link #228
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There was still the bath scene where Hiro said she can't stop thinking about Sae though, sounded pretty "suggestive" to me.

Yeah, it kinda sounded like Misato had given her the courage to confess to Sae. Yuri goggles are locked on.

Misato gives the masses a voice.

Oh hey, Miyako and Hiro are on the right this time. That's... random.

A Miyako pantyshot is no cause for panic, Yunocchi.
Old 2010-03-07, 21:37   Link #229
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

@KaneDragon:
DAT SIG.

As for Nazuna and Nori, I'm really hoping the internet chapter gets animated before the season ends.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 22:22   Link #230
keikakudoori
world-end prosecutor

Weeping Woman rock was my favorite part of the episode. Especially how Yoshinoya managed to hit it despite missing the first shot while Yuno completely failing now matter how hard she tried.
keikakudoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 23:21   Link #231
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikakudoori View Post
while Yuno completely failing now matter how hard she tried.
Really, we should have more stories to have Yuno believe she can accomplish something.
Old 2010-03-11, 16:03   Link #232
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2010-03-12, 01:36   Link #233
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Wow, I DID NOT notice that.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 02:24   Link #234
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Another place to Spot the Difference in Ep 9's OP:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-13, 08:08   Link #235
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Do you remember in the 1st season when they would have a doll or something in the foreground of the roundtable chats and it would appear or disappear or change position or become something else between shots or just fade away before your eyes?
Old 2010-03-13, 10:48   Link #236
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Do you remember in the 1st season when they would have a doll or something in the foreground of the roundtable chats and it would appear or disappear or change position or become something else between shots or just fade away before your eyes?
Yes, but it's less apparent this season.
Old 2010-03-13, 11:02   Link #237
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuno's stay at each of the apartments was interesting, a nice way to show the differences in each of the rooms. Everyone really does have their own style. Plus, it was fun seeing the landlady go on a nostalgia trip, and Yoshinoya's extended rant on leaving home. Though it looks like Yuno won't be going into computer graphics anytime soon.
Old 2010-03-13, 11:40   Link #238
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Though it looks like Yuno won't be going into computer graphics anytime soon.

Not the most surprising fact: Yuno is squicked of the otaku. I don't know what's Nori's opinion on that though...

I'm also surprised that, despite what is told of the first ep of this this season, Yuno's math--at least trigonometry-- is not that bad.
Old 2010-03-13, 12:24   Link #239
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
I took a screen of Yuno's "boot up" sequence.

Surprisingly, pretty much all of that are correct computer terms (except the extra s in 'anti-viruss'), only they're strung together with no meaning.

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 12:34   Link #240
Midonin
Last Engage

Just noticed the Nogizaka Haruka pastiche inside the magazine. It's pretty much a recolor of the first season's promo art.

Tags
comedy, moe, seinen, shaft, slice of life