AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-06, 05:18   Link #341
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I just wonder what Shaft has in mind for all these Negima and Hidamari Sketch shows that go straight to OVA. Surely they could work very well in TV animation format. Maybe they're saving money by doing this. They were (and still are) a budget animation studio after all.

If it was Madhouse, they'd throw a whole budget book at a show.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 06:15   Link #342
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I kinda get the feeling like SHAFT/Shinbo are the ones throwing Natsume a bone while Aoki Ume continues to be relatively mean to Natsume.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 17:28   Link #343
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I doubt it has anything at all to do with a third season happening. The volume was probably added just because the adaptation is a ShinboxSHAFT work. That's all.
Pretty much have to agree with this point, as it's common for Shnibou to reference his other SHAFT works in his shows.
Old 2010-11-06, 21:17   Link #344
Midonin
Last Engage

For both episodes, I liked the minor changes in the OP, such as the girls no longer dancing on the stage, but instead the lights dimmed and them just relaxing.

Spoiler for Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu Special 01 - Washout:

Spoiler for Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu Special 02 - Owner's Successor:

If one were to watch Hidamari from the start of the first season to now, the transition would be nearly flawless. The aesthetics have improved, but the core of the show, the heart, remains as shining as it has since day one. Shaft, art, heartwarming moments - a trifecta of greatness.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 04:59   Link #345
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Did Nori's irises feel wider compared to Hoshimitsu for anyone else watching the specials? Or rather, does anyone know why her irises are thinner than the other girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I kinda get the feeling like SHAFT/Shinbo are the ones throwing Natsume a bone while Aoki Ume continues to be relatively mean to Natsume.
Well, to be fair Natsume did get her own little chapter in the end of vol 4 of the manga.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:14   Link #346
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I just wonder what Shaft has in mind for all these Negima and Hidamari Sketch shows that go straight to OVA. Surely they could work very well in TV animation format. Maybe they're saving money by doing this. They were (and still are) a budget animation studio after all.
Perhaps, but it might be more of a coincidence. Hidamari Sketch has received these specials with season 1 and 2, so this is just continuing the format. As for Negima, after basically making their own fanfiction, creating a new season that follows the manga canon probably wouldn't have been the best choice (I can't even begin to list the things they'd need to retcon to make that work) so they decided on OVAs instead.

That's my way of looking at it, anyway.

(F*** them for totally skipping the School Festival arc, though.)

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:25   Link #347
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Did Nori's irises feel wider compared to Hoshimitsu for anyone else watching the specials? Or rather, does anyone know why her irises are thinner than the other girls?
This is a classic sign of methamphetamine abuse.
Old 2010-11-20, 21:43   Link #348
sirn
レス乞食

There was a final round of "King of Hidamari" event yesterday. It is a Hidamari-related knowledge contest spanning over two months, the winner will be granted one wish regarding Hidamari Sketch series. The winner of 2010 King of Hidamari is Kyousuke-san (author of the Hidamari Sketch-chan OP) and his wish is announced on stage…

"This is my wish, and I believe it is also a wish of everyone else in this hall…"
"Ohhhhhh" (Hall)
"Please make Hidamari Sketch 4th season!"

Asumi Kana cried on the stage.

Aniplex promise they will do their best to make this come true and will start meeting with TBS about the possibility of 4th season from today on.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 05:26   Link #349
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow. Such a special reason behind the possibilities of a fourth season happening.

Is there enough manga material though? I mean we've seen original material already, so it's not like that's a problem.
Old 2010-11-21, 05:34   Link #350
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow. Such a special reason behind the possibilities of a fourth season happening.

Is there enough manga material though? I mean we've seen original material already, so it's not like that's a problem.
The way this show is presented (extremely non-linear), I'm sure SHAFT (assuming that they'll once again take production of it, if it comes true) can find ways of making up for it.

I would support it myself, too. This show deserves all the praise it gets.
Old 2010-11-21, 05:55   Link #351
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
There was a final round of "King of Hidamari" event yesterday. It is a Hidamari-related knowledge contest spanning over two months, the winner will be granted one wish regarding Hidamari Sketch series. The winner of 2010 King of Hidamari is Kyousuke-san (author of the Hidamari Sketch-chan OP) and his wish is announced on stage…

"This is my wish, and I believe it is also a wish of everyone else in this hall…"
"Ohhhhhh" (Hall)
"Please make Hidamari Sketch 4th season!"

Asumi Kana cried on the stage.

Aniplex promise they will do their best to make this come true and will start meeting with TBS about the possibility of 4th season from today on.
Brilliant news! I had lost all hope for a 4th season. I'll keep in mind it's not yet set in stone, but it looks like there's a good chance of it happening. How about making a King of Zetsubou (or King of Arashi) event next?

And daaaawww at Asumi Kana <3
Old 2010-11-21, 06:02   Link #352
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Brilliant news! I had lost all hope for a 4th season. I'll keep in mind it's not yet set in stone, but it looks like there's a good chance of it happening. How about making a King of Zetsubou (or King of Arashi) event next?

And daaaawww at Asumi Kana <3
Actually while other Shaft series's sequels have lower sales than the original, Hidamari's sales are higher. Truth is I think they were going to get a fourth season even if there were no "wish".
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 18:51   Link #353
Seihai
オンリーマイ曙v( ̄Д ̄)v

Send a message via Skype™ to Seihai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
For both episodes, I liked the minor changes in the OP, such as the girls no longer dancing on the stage, but instead the lights dimmed and them just relaxing.

Spoiler for Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu Special 01 - Washout:

Spoiler for Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu Special 02 - Owner's Successor:

If one were to watch Hidamari from the start of the first season to now, the transition would be nearly flawless. The aesthetics have improved, but the core of the show, the heart, remains as shining as it has since day one. Shaft, art, heartwarming moments - a trifecta of greatness.
I just marathoned Hidamari Sketch and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also have the same thoughts as this post, especially regarding Natsume whom I'm very happy for. Throughout the entire series all the moments would put a smile on my face, if not funny it would still always be entertaining. I love all the chars, too (and I finally got the Forever 17 thing from Mitsudomoe 2 haha). A 4th season would be bliss.
Old 2011-04-18, 16:25   Link #354
Dop
Mmmm....

YES! Sentai DVD release confirmed!

An announcement I've been waiting and hoping for, so I can complete my collection...

Now can we have a fourth season please?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 16:48   Link #355
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
YES! Sentai DVD release confirmed!

An announcement I've been waiting and hoping for, so I can complete my collection...

Now can we have a fourth season please?
Sadly, no BD release is being planned for it.

Still, I need to look out for that title either the next time RightStuf has a Section 23 sale or during Otakon.
Old 2011-05-08, 23:14   Link #356
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Suncoast hadn't even heard of Hidamari Sketch, much less the second or third seasons. when I paid them a visit recently. Makes me wonder where they're going to make their money from the DVD release if they aren't entering the (admittedly dwindling) retail channel.

Of course, how much longer Suncoast will be around is another question.

I don't know if I was actually looking forward to a dub, but I did want DVDs.
Old 2011-05-09, 16:51   Link #357
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
Suncoast hadn't even heard of Hidamari Sketch, much less the second or third seasons. when I paid them a visit recently. Makes me wonder where they're going to make their money from the DVD release if they aren't entering the (admittedly dwindling) retail channel.

Of course, how much longer Suncoast will be around is another question.

I don't know if I was actually looking forward to a dub, but I did want DVDs.
That's odd, my local Suncoast (before it closed down) had the first two volumes available in their store.
Old 2011-05-11, 00:26   Link #358
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I stopped even trying to use any of the local brick'n'mortar stores for my purchases. Basically, if it isn't the "top 10" they don't have it (though they do seem to be awash in Crap Movie Part 14 ... and the "top 10" are rarely in my window of interest. :P

Rightstuf gets most of my dollar any more and they'll probably get my order for HSxH.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:41   Link #359
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Heads-up: a new special was subbed, with the second one coming out next week. You'd better prepare your nutbladders before watching it. Nazuna was extra cute in this special.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-03, 09:41   Link #360
teja208
Critical fanboy

Just a reminder for those who just finished Hoshimitsu, there is already a Hidamari Sketch SP tread in the upcoming series section. I wrote my impression there, but I will quote it here as well.

Quote:
I’m glad that Hidamari Sketch is finally back. It looks like the new episode pays more attention to Nori than ever before and indeed she does have nice figure. I like her better when she puts her hair down. From my years of following this series, what I find strange and intriguing is that Ume sensei and Shaft seemed to proportionate the girls’ look with their personality in reverse fashion. In most anime, feminine girls are generally more endowed than boyish ones. In Hidamari however, the less girly ones have better looks. Perhaps their looks reflect their confidence in a way. Miyako and Nori are more on the boyish side in my opinion. Sae may appear boyish at first but she also has her shy moments, so placing her bellow the two doesn’t seem farfetched. Hiro looks fine as well, but just not as outstanding as the aforementioned first two. Of course the matter is subjective. This is just the way I see it.
Spoiler for Hidamari Sketch SP ep 1:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, moe, seinen, shaft, slice of life