AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2011-05-31, 08:28   Link #681
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
There's a raw for vivid 25 floating around on the nets somewhere.

Fighting, fighting, fighting, fanservice, fanservice, fighting, then finally a few pages of dialog.
Indeed there is. I have a link here with the chapter online, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. Will having it in my profile be safe?

If worse comes to worst, I'll start cleaning out my very clogged inbox for pm's.

As for the things to note in the chapter:

Spoiler for Notable notes:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 09:41   Link #682
aers
*Fansubber

Pretty sure its against the rules to post links to scans (or was it post scans), didn't we get in trouble for that sometime in the past... ...year?
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 09:50   Link #683
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*rummages through forum rules* Translated scans are a go, untranslated scans (RAWS) are a no-no.
Old 2011-05-31, 09:53   Link #684
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And posting links to fansubbed manga sites like MangaFox is also a no-no.
Old 2011-05-31, 09:55   Link #685
Aaron008R

Noted.

In cases like these, google is your friend. Here's a helpful keyword: ViVid Memory;25「星の剣!」 (JPN)

OC Profiles
Old 2011-05-31, 10:05   Link #686
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Noted.

In cases like these, google is your friend. Here's a helpful keyword: ViVid Memory;25「星の剣!」 (JPN)
I can't seem to find this:
Quote:
Lutecia now uses a variation of her old gothloli Barrier Jacket. It looks like it's a mix of gothloli open skirt + Subaru-style hot pants (think gothloli Leonmichelle Galette de Rois). But the more notable thing is that she seems to have a variation of Psycho Gundam MK. II's attack where she blasts out lasers and reflects them all over the place with Magic circles.
And is it just me, or is the young nun's Barrier Jacket indeed to risque for, well, a nun? That and she has larger tracts of land than I expected
Old 2011-05-31, 10:42   Link #687
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Actually, from the distance, I thought Lutecia's Barrier Jacket looks more like a Santa Claus costume, sexy edition.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 12:07   Link #688
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ditto on Nighty's train of thought. The bouncing stuff was cool though.
Old 2011-05-31, 12:33   Link #689
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Cool chapter. At the end it results that Miura's "swords" are her legs, interesting variant, and also resolves the question of why she spent so much time kicking poles. I should like to watch a bit more of Einhart's fight, her opponent carries an interesting machine gun/shotgun-like device. Lutecia's fightstyle looks very impressive(with posse included, i think she likes to give a good show for the spectators). Apparently is finally revealed that Erio and Caro are not participating in the tournament.

Einhart VS. Corona ....mhhhmmm... we know Cororna's fate is sealed but being the type of story this is, she won't go down without a fight, Eihart will have a hard time fighting against Rock Mazinger xD.

EDIT: Oh by the way, i'm the only one who feels unsettled by that uhm... "cute" expression introduced in ViVid? I'm talking about the one where a character is smilling but their eyes look weird, like half-sleep or like if the character where on drugs or something. In this chapter said expression is present in...

-Fate when she's celebrating with Nanoha right after Miura's victory.
-Shamal and Miura(on the same page o_o!) when the former and Hayate came to congrat the latter.

I don't know exatcly why but that expression makes me feel uncomfortable(i was a bout to say "creeped" but i think it's different).

...5 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 12:56   Link #690
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
EDIT: Oh by the way, i'm the only one who feels unsettled by that uhm... "cute" expression introduced in ViVid? I'm talking about the one where a character is smilling but their eyes look weird, like half-sleep or like if the character where on drugs or something. In this chapter said expression is present in...
No, no you're not. Many of us have noted this before.
Old 2011-05-31, 17:01   Link #691
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Hm, so I guess Erio and Caro are there. Wonder why they aren't participating... Maybe Bureau members aren't allowed?
Old 2011-06-02, 09:09   Link #692
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Einhart VS. Corona ....mhhhmmm... we know Cororna's fate is sealed but being the type of story this is, she won't go down without a fight, Eihart will have a hard time fighting against Rock Mazinger xD.
It's like a Real Robot vs Super Robot matchup.

Well, I hope Corona shows a bit more variation with her capabilities. Having a massive and powerful remote drone like her golem to do the fighting opens up a lot of possibilities for her. For one thing, if she can manage her multitasking well, she can cast additional spells to stall and compromise her opponents for the golem to take advantage of.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh by the way, i'm the only one who feels unsettled by that uhm... "cute" expression introduced in ViVid? I'm talking about the one where a character is smilling but their eyes look weird, like half-sleep or like if the character where on drugs or something.
Nope. The biggest offender here in my book is Fate herself. More than half of the time her eyes are incredibly droopy that I'd think Fujima permanently plastered the expression to her face if I didn't know better.

And not only when smiling. The most unnerving example I was able to find so far is with this one:
Spoiler for nsfw:

Quote:
I don't know exatcly why but that expression makes me feel uncomfortable(i was a bout to say "creeped" but i think it's different).
The main difference here I think is that people don't usually smile 'that' way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hm, so I guess Erio and Caro are there. Wonder why they aren't participating... Maybe Bureau members aren't allowed?
Haven't heard of the restriction. Otherwise, Megane and Quint wouldn't have been able to participate in the past. (Then again, I'm not sure if they were already members by then.) But I'd mostly attribute it to giving the limelight to the new Vivid characters and the ones who didn't get enough attention in StrikerS like Lutecia.

And then...
Spoiler for Nendoroid Einhart?:

Spoiler for Matching swimsuits for everybody!:

I know I'd sound incredibly stupid right now, but 10-year olds are not supposed to be that shapely. Ahh well, the rules of the 2D world. Fate and Nanoha from the movie artwork are even bigger offenders

OC Profiles
Old 2011-06-02, 11:11   Link #693
mechdra

The reason why Erio and caro are not joining is because they are from another world. In the past chapter, it is mentioned that they could join the tournament at their own world. Therefore, their status is still unknown. They might be a chance to see them in action in a later stage.

The second reason is Caro do not aloow Erio to join. Look at what he did to Fate. If he enter the tournament, he will probably need to take a lot of responsibility for causing a lot of maiden to be unfit to be a bride.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 17:03   Link #694
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The second reason is Caro do not aloow Erio to join. Look at what he did to Fate. If he enter the tournament, he will probably need to take a lot of responsibility for causing a lot of maiden to be unfit to be a bride.
Heh, yeah. You never know where those lightning-fast hands might land on next

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The reason why Erio and caro are not joining is because they are from another world. In the past chapter, it is mentioned that they could join the tournament at their own world. Therefore, their status is still unknown. They might be a chance to see them in action in a later stage.
So, it's an affiliation thing? Only those that live in Mid can participate?
Old 2011-06-02, 17:05   Link #695
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Once again Erio demonstrates why he's the playboy of the franchise XD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-02, 17:17   Link #696
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Well, currently it's the Midchilda tournament, so I'm guessing Erio and Caro can't participate in that one if they wanted to be in the tournament, and would instead do their own on the planet they live.

Then again, we have Lutecia being here, so maybe they just don't want to, or Lutecia's planet has so few people that it's under the Midchilda umbrella or something.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 17:17   Link #697
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe Erio and Caro aren't participating because it'd be unfair to everyone else, being TSAB officers trained by Nanoha, Fate, and Vita.
Old 2011-06-02, 17:24   Link #698
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Maybe Erio and Caro aren't participating because it'd be unfair to everyone else, being TSAB officers trained by Nanoha, Fate, and Vita.
Well, Shante is trained by Knight Schach and the people in the Saint Church, Vivio was trained by TSAB officer Subaru and is currently under the training of former terrorist Nove, and don't forgett Miura who is trained by Bodyguard Zafira, 2nd Lietunants Vita and Signum, and Doctor Shamal.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-02, 17:26   Link #699
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's still a considerable difference in the training that Vivio, Shante, and Miura do, and the regime Nanoha put the Forwards through. Military training tends to be a lot more intensive, so Erio and Caro would still probably be a cut above the rest of the competition, for the most part.
Old 2011-06-02, 17:35   Link #700
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well we can agree on the intesivity, we see Vivio and Miura have enough free time to play with friends, visit places and spend time with their families(well, with her trainer's family in Miura's case) while the Forwards where on a military camp with Nanoha who is training the living hell out of them from sunrise to dusk.

~The ASFB~

Tags
vivid