AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-22, 12:52   Link #81
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
Well I was thinking BRS was conceptualized first before designed so... Miku was born when Japan decided to make their own Vocaloid. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm assuming the synthesizer was originally not from Japan.
Vocaloid software was developed by Yamaha, right? Which is... a Japanese-based corporation. Kaito and Meiko were from the original Vocaloid series. Then Miku (and then later Rin/Len and Luka) was developed by Crypton Future Media.

In any case, Miku was definitely released August 2007. When exactly BRS was conceptualized is kinda... I mean, who knows? It's all in the artist's head.

When it comes down to it it's not all that important anyway. :\
Old 2009-09-22, 12:55   Link #82
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Well the only vocaloid anime I can see being made is a properly animated PVs of popular vocaloid songs. Like Gonzo animating a small sequence of MELT. Or more like, I want popular songs to have a nice animated PV. I'll love to see what they could do with World is Mine.

BRS isn't famous/popular till Ryo written a song for it, I think. Both BRS and Miku character designs are quite typical, just two very long piggy tails. But now Miku is so famous, it hard to seperate any characters with two long piggy tails with Miku. It doesn't help with Huke using that greenish-blue glow in his pictures. Also, alot of people got mis-informed by mis-informed blog/news/forums sites, then all goes down hill.
Old 2009-09-22, 13:01   Link #83
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well in an artist's perspective, a piece of work must be related to the right artist.

Imagine if people all over the world are mistaking Mona Lisa as Michelangelo's work, Da Vinci will surely be cursing in his grave.

Even if its not about art, all ownership should be properly sorted out.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 13:26   Link #84
CrowKenobi

In that case, since Miku portrayed BRS in the video, she isn't BRS to start with.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 14:18   Link #85
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I just think it's awesome that there are plushies already.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:43   Link #86
Chocolate Pocky

I'm Curious....How is BRS gonna be voiced? Are they just gonna have regular voice actresses voice them? Cuz for some reason im thinkin Black Rock Shooter was gonna be voiced by Miku or something. Does anyone kno?
Old 2009-09-27, 08:19   Link #87
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Pocky View Post
I'm Curious....How is BRS gonna be voiced? Are they just gonna have regular voice actresses voice them? Cuz for some reason im thinkin Black Rock Shooter was gonna be voiced by Miku or something. Does anyone kno?
Oh god they better not get Miku.. give her the OP song since they are linked but not her voice.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 08:44   Link #88
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Seems like most people don't know that there's a new 2nd Anniversary version of Miku that's in development. She's called a 'dark' version, with super realistic voice, the most advanced of all Vocaloids yet.

Here's her demo song:

This Miku may be able to do speech really well.

But we may just get Fujita Saki instead.

Old 2009-09-27, 08:59   Link #89
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Seems like most people don't know that there's a new 2nd Anniversary version of Miku that's in development. She's called a 'dark' version, with super realistic voice, the most advanced of all Vocaloids yet.
No I did not know that, and probably wouldn't have found out until somebody released a song with Miku ver. dark, thanks for the info.

Demo song is certainly impressive, though there is something charming about the little artificial tones in original Miku's voice. But still, can't wait to hear some more songs from new Miku.

As much as I love Miku though, I do agree, just get a normal seiyuu. There will be much fan rage if the theme song is not supercell's BRS but I'm not sure Vocaloids are ready to act yet, since acting requires a lot more complex and less organized tone changes than singing (funny how it's harder for most humans to sing well than converse well, innit?).

In any case it'd probably be incredibly inefficient scripting all the lines and voice changes and inflection into a program just to appease the fans (what if they have to re-record or change a line?) when a trained seiyuu can perform it naturally in seconds, and re-record a faulty or unsatisfactory line just as quickly.
Old 2009-09-27, 09:04   Link #90
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The demo was a fairly simple song to sing. This version did an okay job but any professional singer could do circles around that program imo. I'd rather have a professional do the OP. The gimmick (Miku all versions) should be left for music videos imo.
Old 2009-09-27, 09:17   Link #91
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The demo was a fairly simple song to sing. This version did an okay job but any professional singer could do circles around that program imo.
Could a professional singer do this?

Naw, I get what you mean, but although they do all have perfect pitch, it's not just singing skill that's made Vocaloid popular. And why not let Miku have the OP? You really can't deny the song's hand in making BRS as popular as she is today.
Old 2009-09-27, 09:26   Link #92
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well it would be nice if Miku gets the OP with the blackrock shooter since it's iconic, I'll like to see Supercell use Nagi/Gazelle again for ED's and inserts.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 09:33   Link #93
xKeen

You know...the voice actor for Miku in SZS was quite good if you're not familiar with Miku's voice o.O Saki Fujita? I don't know...

:S I did a search and she is the voice for miku...

Last edited by xKeen; 2009-09-28 at 09:27.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:07   Link #94
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Could a professional singer do this?

Naw, I get what you mean, but although they do all have perfect pitch, it's not just singing skill that's made Vocaloid popular. And why not let Miku have the OP? You really can't deny the song's hand in making BRS as popular as she is today.
Sounds like someone intentionally sped up a slower tempo song and recorded it. I wouldn't exactly call it worthy of any attention.

Vocaloid is a popular gimmick in Japan imo. It prob comes down to whether or not Miku can sell enough CDs to support the title. Just don't expect people who prefer singers that can actually sing to buy the CD. (People also have the option of channel jumping so the sponsors may not be too thrilled if that happens.)

KOKIA can run circles around Miku without even trying. I'd love to see KOKIA do the song.

Here's KOKIA doing a similar song...

Last edited by orion; 2009-09-27 at 10:35.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:30   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
OMFG late for the party!

GREAT NEWS, simply love Black rock shooter

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 10:44   Link #96
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Seems like its another Vocaloid discussion here again.

The objective for Vocaloids is not to sell CDs or out do real singers.

Vocaloids are there for composers and song writers to have a chance to create their own songs, its for people to express their art and not for making money all the time.

Comparing Vocaloids to human voices is like comparing photoshop(or any image program) to hand drawn art. And comparing Vocaloid composers to professional studio is like comparing a CG fanartist to a professional artist who draws by hand.

Alot of Vocaloid music are made by amateurs, some even sound bad, but we still love it. Like I said Vocaloids are not meant for making money through selling CDs, the first thing someone does upon completing their song, they upload it to Niconico for people to listen.

Also it is particularly touching when someone can make a emotionless program sound so emotional, there are lots of Vocaloid songs that made people cry. Rin and Len's 'Evil' series of songs, Luka's Double Lariat for example, at least by comments, we know alot of people cried to those songs.

Vocaloids unlike real singers, is all about the composer. Its purely the composer that makes a Vocaloid song good, because he controls every single factor of the Vocaloid's voice. Its the composer who's 'singing' the song, just that the voice is the Vocaloid. Comparing Vocaloids to real singers is meaningless, because you are comparing the Vocaloid composer to a singer.

And even when Vocaloids are used to make money, it works. There are studios all over Japan that works solely with Vocaloids, they can sustain themselves and continue to make more great music. It is a way for composers who choose not to get into the harsh music industry of Japan, by skipping a real singer completely. They can continue to express their art without the need to get someone to sing for them.

Old 2009-09-27, 11:05   Link #97
orion

Oh well, now they are in the "harsh reality" of dealing with the studios and the agencies that supply the seiyuu who will prob want the flesh and blood type of singer for this.
Old 2009-09-27, 18:29   Link #98
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Sounds like someone intentionally sped up a slower tempo song and recorded it. I wouldn't exactly call it worthy of any attention.

Vocaloid is a popular gimmick in Japan imo. It prob comes down to whether or not Miku can sell enough CDs to support the title. Just don't expect people who prefer singers that can actually sing to buy the CD. (People also have the option of channel jumping so the sponsors may not be too thrilled if that happens.)

KOKIA can run circles around Miku without even trying. I'd love to see KOKIA do the song.
The Vocaloid fan in me is crying.

Disappearance of Hatsune Miku is one of the greatest Vocaloid songs out there. D:< And the whole point being, it's not like somebody sped up an existing song as a gimmick to try to sell CDs. It's an original song written by an amateur musician who would not otherwise have been able to release a song with vocals if it weren't for the Vocaloid series, and released for free on the internet so everybody could enjoy it. And so are most Vocaloid songs. It's not some cheap marketing gimmick, it's a tool to allow creative people with good ideas to get their stuff out there.

The point is not that Miku is some super amazing singer who has more skill than talented real-life singers. It's that she and the other Vocaloids represent a world of independent, collaborative, shared music. And you know what? She's a computer program, but I see nothing wrong with liking the unique way her voice sounds.

So basically, she's not some cheap marketing scheme the studios came up with. She's popular on her own merits.
Old 2009-09-29, 19:34   Link #99
prnoct90

Well the preview Blu-Ray shipped for me. Unfortunately, I don't have a Blu-Ray player... -_-
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 02:06   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Seems like most people don't know that there's a new 2nd Anniversary version of Miku that's in development. She's called a 'dark' version, with super realistic voice, the most advanced of all Vocaloids yet....
Whoa! There's a lot more dynamics there, although it distorts at certain points, so maybe it still needs work.

Poking around on YouTube, I see what I think are three other versions of the beta: "very small," "soft," and "vivd." I think "soft" seems the most polished. But they're all really enjoyable.

I'm not a huge Miku fan, but she's clearly worthy of attention, to me. This next stage just proves there's something going on there. And the range and tirelessness of the voice have always been touchingly, excitingly non-human.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote