AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-14, 14:31   Link #281
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Those 7 minutes looked great.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 15:22   Link #282
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And we non-Nico users are shortchanged once again.
You know it takes about 30 seconds to find a guide on google, on how to make an account for Nico.

& yeah, the first seven minutes truly are something. Outstanding score so far, and Funnel action. Now that's what i call a preview. I can see myself truly loving Marida.
__________________

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-02-14 at 15:34.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 21:54   Link #283
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I don't think I have anything more to say. The bgm is just outstanding.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 21:55   Link #284
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Would someone mind enlightening on what the beginning was all about?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 23:34   Link #285
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Would someone mind enlightening on what the beginning was all about?
Speech by Fed boss Ricardo Marthonas for the opening ceremony of the Universal Century calendar, crossing over from the Anno Domini. The round space station thing seems to be called Laplace. And then there seems to be a rigged explosion, which ends into a shot of one of the victims, fading into one old man on a bed.

On my own thoughts... wow finally we get to see systematic dismantling by bits, and it's breathtaking. And certainly we are going to have a deluge of manly voice actors taking their respective turns on the stand, awesome. With regard to the music, I'm already a huge Sawano fan, so this is just the biggest treat for me.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:01   Link #286
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Speech by Fed boss Ricardo Marthonas for the opening ceremony of the Universal Century calendar, crossing over from the Anno Domini. The round space station thing seems to be called Laplace. And then there seems to be a rigged explosion, which ends into a shot of one of the victims, fading into one old man on a bed.

On my own thoughts... wow finally we get to see systematic dismantling by bits, and it's breathtaking. And certainly we are going to have a deluge of manly voice actors taking their respective turns on the stand, awesome. With regard to the music, I'm already a huge Sawano fan, so this is just the biggest treat for me.
So that scene pre-dates the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and is basically the start of the UC series?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:04   Link #287
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That scene pre-dates the original Mobile Suit Gundam?
Yes, it takes place way before, at the start of the Universal Century.
__________________
Copyright İ 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:06   Link #288
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yes, it takes place way before, at the start of the Universal Century.
Speaking of which, what year was it in the AD era when they transferred to the UC time line?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:17   Link #289
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Speaking of which, what year was it in the AD era when they transferred to the UC time line?
Not sure there is definite specific date for that, but this timeline list it as 2081AD as UC01, marking the year of the completion for the first space colony.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:22   Link #290
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not sure there is definite specific date for that, but this timeline list it as 2081AD as UC01, marking the year of the completion for the first space colony.
Keep in mind that there have been numerous contradictory info provided in the anime and out of them regarding the AD/UC link. That date there is just one possibility.
__________________
Copyright İ 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 16:55   Link #291
Hellbore
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Speech by Fed boss Ricardo Marthonas for the opening ceremony of the Universal Century calendar, crossing over from the Anno Domini. The round space station thing seems to be called Laplace. And then there seems to be a rigged explosion, which ends into a shot of one of the victims, fading into one old man on a bed.
Kinda. The terrorists in the beginning rig the mirror to focus and burn through the colony wall, and the guy caught in the explosion is Siam Vist, one of the terrorists and the same person as the old man on the bed speaking to Cardias Vist, who I believe is either his son or grandson.
__________________


On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 20:12   Link #292
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Age: 29
The first 7 minutes looked awesome I absolutely loved the music.

I knew of unicorn but didnt really have much interest untill watching that clip.

Cant wait.
__________________

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 01:56   Link #293
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Comes out in Japan tomorrow apparently. I totally forgot that it premiered in Hong Kong, grr... -_- Should have dropped by.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 04:29   Link #294
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ah yes we are go for launch tomorrow on PSN aren't we? Hopefully I can get ahold of this soon to alleviate my foul mood as of late with some much needed entertainment that I'm fairly certain won't disappoint.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 05:36   Link #295
Kikuchi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 26
Oh god it's tomorrow. I TOTALLY forgot about it.

Gentlemen, start your engines
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 09:15   Link #296
McChar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
couldnt find it on google, how much does it cost and is it Japan PSN only?
McChar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 10:44   Link #297
synx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Anyone know when it airs in Japan?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 11:03   Link #298
Kikuchi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 26
McChar > Just checked, it appears to be JP only and it is 1000y for the HD version and 700y for the SD one. Damn, I never saw such a high price for a rental.

synw > It doesn't really "air", at least not on TV. It's only broadcast in several cinemas and on the PlayStation Store for now.
The latter will probably have the episode up later today/tonight. It's currently 1 am in Japan and I guess what we're waiting for is a PSN Store update, not the episode popping out of nowhere...
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 14:53   Link #299
synx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
McChar > Just checked, it appears to be JP only and it is 1000y for the HD version and 700y for the SD one. Damn, I never saw such a high price for a rental.

synw > It doesn't really "air", at least not on TV. It's only broadcast in several cinemas and on the PlayStation Store for now.
The latter will probably have the episode up later today/tonight. It's currently 1 am in Japan and I guess what we're waiting for is a PSN Store update, not the episode popping out of nowhere...
I see. So can us people in North America buy things from the JP PSN Store?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 15:34   Link #300
Zoel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Not sure about movies. But you can buy games for sure because I did that. Only problem is you need a japanese credit card with an address. So I end buying thos PSN points cards to purchase from the Japanese PSN.
Zoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.