AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-08, 20:17   Link #1261
gordol
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
FA Unicorn won't appear at all in the OVA, since MG model descriptions confirm this. We'll get either something new or nothing at all...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:27   Link #1262
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Unrelated to Episode 5, but GundamInfo has Episode 1 of Unicorn up on Youtube. Hopefully this means we'll see future episodes as well, including Episode 5!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 00:39   Link #1263
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Even with the understandable 2 year delay, this is great news.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 01:29   Link #1264
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
It's region locked btw. NA can't view it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 01:43   Link #1265
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hilarious given that we're the ones that subbed it LOL
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 01:57   Link #1266
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I never understood the point of subbing a show and then locking out the biggest group that'd appreciate the subbing. Just screams of xenophobia to me.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 02:23   Link #1267
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I never understood the point of subbing a show and then locking out the biggest group that'd appreciate the subbing. Just screams of xenophobia to me.
It's just in the best interest of profit. DVDs and BDs of Unicorn Ep.1 are still out in the NA market.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 02:27   Link #1268
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Sure, that works for Unicorn--what about AGE? That's also getting subbed in english officially from the start, but they then prevent it from being viewed by the largest english-understanding market for it.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 02:30   Link #1269
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sure, that works for Unicorn--what about AGE? That's also getting subbed in english officially from the start, but they then prevent it from being viewed by the largest english-understanding market for it.
The only logical explanation is that they have plans to release it in the NA market sometime in the future.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 05:19   Link #1270
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
To be fair, a large number of people from SEA are English-speaking. It'd make more sense than if they subbed it in some dialect.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 05:55   Link #1271
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 35
In terms of Gundam as an animated series, Bandai had never expressed any interest in the markets of SEA.

There was never an official release directly from them of any Gundam anime in any format for the SEA market, not SEED nor OO and certainly AGE. Any physical media out there are either pirated or imported by 3rd parties.

What interest Bandai had of the SEA market is only in the area of the amount of Gunpla they can dump and sell. Giving out free viewing of AGE online is just a bait in order to sell their toys.
__________________

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-03-18 at 08:04.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 08:03   Link #1272
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
In terms of Gundam as an animated series, Bandai had never expressed any interest in the markets of SEA.

There was never an official release directly from them of any Gundam anime in any format for the SEA market, not SEED nor OO and certainly AGE. Any physical media out there are either pirated or imported by 3rd parties.

What interest Bandai had of the SEA market is only in the area of the amount of Gunpla they can dump and sell. Giving out free viewing of AGE online is just a bait in order to see their toys.
Yup. There's massive amounts of promotion for Gunpla here in Singapore, you can find them anywhere. Was in a department store a couple days back and saw a huge poster advertising the AGE episodes on GundamInfo. Seems they have to rely on the free Youtube vids to generate interest, we haven't had a Gundam series air on local television since SEED/Destiny.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 08:55   Link #1273
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Yup. There's massive amounts of promotion for Gunpla here in Singapore, you can find them anywhere. Was in a department store a couple days back and saw a huge poster advertising the AGE episodes on GundamInfo. Seems they have to rely on the free Youtube vids to generate interest, we haven't had a Gundam series air on local television since SEED/Destiny.
Er, wasn't the first season of Gundam 00 aired on some channel a year or two back?

But herein lies the problem, which I believe is reminiscent of the problem in Japan, few bothers about Gundam AGE even if Bandai puts up tons of resources to advertise it. A few days back, I was at plaza sing and most teens and kids were interested in dragonnest than AGE. I find it pathetic too that the take-up rate for the AGE builder machine was no where near observable.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 09:04   Link #1274
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Er, wasn't the first season of Gundam 00 aired on some channel a year or two back?

But herein lies the problem, which I believe is reminiscent of the problem in Japan, few bothers about Gundam AGE even if Bandai puts up tons of resources to advertise it. A few days back, I was at plaza sing and most teens and kids were interested in dragonnest than AGE. I find it pathetic too that the take-up rate for the AGE builder machine was no where near observable.
It was, but as a late night show...
Near midnight = =
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 00:06   Link #1275
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Oh, thanks for the impactful reminder. And I remember that late night was reserved for teenage-suitable anime shows. Bleh, so Gundam 00 was regarded by Singapore censors as unsuitable for young kids/more suitable for teens. And teens in Singapore are effectively full time students, so...which twerp would watch the show? And they aired it like 2 years after its release, weekly. Which kid would be patient enough to wait for its weekly showcase? They should just substitute kamen rider or Ben ten with Gundam 00, and at the prime time 6pm slot when kids have all dutifully finished their work and probably waiting for their dinner.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 04:08   Link #1276
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Oh, thanks for the impactful reminder. And I remember that late night was reserved for teenage-suitable anime shows. Bleh, so Gundam 00 was regarded by Singapore censors as unsuitable for young kids/more suitable for teens. And teens in Singapore are effectively full time students, so...which twerp would watch the show? And they aired it like 2 years after its release, weekly. Which kid would be patient enough to wait for its weekly showcase? They should just substitute kamen rider or Ben ten with Gundam 00, and at the prime time 6pm slot when kids have all dutifully finished their work and probably waiting for their dinner.
I agree. I remember as a kid SEED and Destiny were as popular as Beyblade and other anime. No idea why they stopped airing Gundam shows, especially if they're promoting kits at such a large scale.

Anyway, back on-topic - about time we get a trailer for episode 5, hmm?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 20:42   Link #1277
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I agree. I remember as a kid SEED and Destiny were as popular as Beyblade and other anime. No idea why they stopped airing Gundam shows, especially if they're promoting kits at such a large scale.
To put things simply, the distributor and rights holders for Gundam Animation (Sunrise Productions to be precise) in this particular part of the world pulled a certain stunt back in 2007/08 to protect their interest which offened their customer base to no end. Things had not been the same since.

Their last action was to sercure rights to air and distribute OO first season as well as the movie.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 01:46   Link #1278
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Spoiler for Another Banshee screenshot:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 01:44   Link #1279
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...c-no.5-opening

Quote:
The official website for the anime studio Sunrise has announced that the theme song for the fifth volume of Mobile Suit Gundam UC, "Kuroi Unicorn" (Black Unicorn), will be performed by J-Rock electronic duo Boom Boom Satellites. The song, titled "Broken Mirror," will be a newly-written song inspired by the story of the episode. According to the release, it will also be the first English-language Mobile Suit Gundam UC theme song.

The Boom Boom Satellites include bassist and programmer Masayuki Nakano, with guitarist and vocalist Michiyuki Kawashima. The duo first debuted in Europe in 1997. The group has created music for anime projects such as Appleseed and Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan. They also performed a theme song for Xam'd: Lost Memories and performed at the 2010 New York Anime Festival.
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 03:07   Link #1280
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
English language theme song....reminds me of Persona 4 the animation theme songs for the OP, Sky the limit & Key Plus Words
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.