AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-27, 00:04   Link #121
Ermes Marana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Look, if Luffy can dodge desert sword from a fully healthy Crocodile, he can dodge a spear from a barely conscious Moria.

Both Moria and Crocodile hit or captured Luffy with non-cutting attacks. That doesn't tell us anything.

It would be a plot hole if barely conscious Moria had been able to tag Luffy with a spear.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 00:10   Link #122
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Moria caught Luffy with Black Box formed out of Brick bat.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 00:57   Link #123
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
btw, since this wasn't explained in any of the previous posts, this chapter finally revealed that Moria can fight during the day. I know many thought that he could, but there are some that claimed that Moria couldn't use his shadow during the day because he would turn to dust, but this chapter seems to confirm that Moria can fight during the day...then again, Moria doesn't fully separate his shadow in this chapter, so maybe the evidence isn't as strong as we think .

Also, it seems that Hancock even turned several cannonballs to stone...how she did that, I am unsure...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-27 at 01:49.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 02:59   Link #124
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
I wish Oda would really knuckle up Non fodder Characters, and stop with the sand bagging. OZ flash back was weak, Ace been to wano county in the new world meh, I guess when the SH crew gets there, Zoro meet and fight a Ryuuma descendant.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 03:03   Link #125
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Moria attack seem to be a giant horn lizard from Aohige_AP translation nothing really much for luffy to worry about .For all we know when it hits black box they might combine together and cancel out the attack.

Well maybe handcock can turn anything to stone but it could depend on the attacks she does . We see her turn marines and pirates into stone with a attack that does not turn them into stone right way .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 03:27   Link #126
drummania
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
^Zoro himself said what Moria tried to do and Moria tried to use the sun to kill the SH crew by stalling with his own powers. So no you didn't read the chapters.
It doesn't matter what Zoro said, the fact remains that,

1) it was the SHs that chose to stay and watch the fight until the sun comes out.
2) there is sun light only because Oz sail Thriller Bark away.

As I have explained before, Moria could not have expected these two points from the beginning. Therefore he could not have 'tried' to kill them using the sun.

And if Zoro's word means so much to you, may I quote his earlier line when he said Moria had went berserk and cannot control his power, which was also agreed by Robin. It seemed to me that he was actually trying to outmatch Luffy by sucking 1000 shadows, but I wouldn't be surprised that Moria really was trying to kill them then. Still I stand correct that,

1)Moria did not plan on killing them from the start,
2)He went berserk and might have gone for the kill, but,
3)he was not using the sun. The SHs could easily run and hide like everybody else on the island/ship.

sorry
drummania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 12:37   Link #127
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
^You are simply contradicting the story, you say Moria wasn't gonna stall for the sun to come up [To destroy the SH crew] the story says he was.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-27 at 13:16.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 13:49   Link #128
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
^You are simply contradicting the story, you say Moria wasn't gonna stall for the sun to come up [To destroy the SH crew] the story says he was.
That also doesn't explain why he needed shadow spear in the first place. He was already crushing all the remaining Strawhats before Luffy arrived. And after that, killing Luffy would mean going against his expectations of keeping Odz the way it is. Killing Luffy would mean killing Odz there. And if you project Moria's personality on his expectations regarding Luffy, he would expect them to escape when that time comes.

Anyway, no one is contradicting the story, other than you maybe.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 13:53   Link #129
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
That also doesn't explain why he needed shadow spear in the first place. He was already crushing all the remaining Strawhats before Luffy arrived. And after that, killing Luffy would mean going against his expectations of keeping Odz the way it is. Killing Luffy would mean killing Odz there. And if you project Moria's personality on his expectations regarding Luffy, he would expect them to escape when that time comes.

Anyway, no one is contradicting the story, other than you maybe.
No, I am with the story, especially the part where Zoro states Moria tried to use his powers to stall for the sun to come up so all the SH crew could disintegrate. It's you people who state the opposite.

School is in session...Again
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:07   Link #130
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Actually Zoro said what he thinks based on his personality, and his actions (die instead of escape). However, if you take into account Moria's personality (run away when you see a chance), that view changes a lot. That is where you fail, as always.

And sorry to say that but failures are not allowed to teach.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:16   Link #131
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Actually Zoro said what he thinks based on his personality, and his actions (die instead of escape). However, if you take into account Moria's personality (run away when you see a chance), that view changes a lot. That is where you fail, as always.

And sorry to say that but failures are not allowed to teach.
No, people who can't read are the failures and here is another lesson cause Zoro didn't think anything based on his or Moria's personality but gave you the objectives of Moria [Canon fact]! Which was him trying to stall for the sun so they could die by disintegrating [Canon fact]. You can keep making junk up like you always do but you will continue to be wrong.

Take the guy out of your avy and Sig cause you don't stand for one truth prevailing.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-27 at 14:34.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:35   Link #132
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by maPhenomenal View Post
No, people who can't read are the failures and here is another lesson cause Zoro didn't think anything based on Moria's personality but gave you the objectives of Moria [Canon fact]! Which was him trying to stall for the sun so they could die by disintegrating [Canon fact].
I think James, who had already given up discussing with you, already mentioned. Zoro only said Moria is stalling for the sun (which is understandable). The rest is created by you and you only (that part is also mentioned by James in different words), because you enjoy acting like Oda. Anyways, please don't post your "own" ideas as canon. That is worse than trashing.
Quote:
You can keep making junk up like you always do but you will continue to be wrong.
You know there is a reason why people laugh at your words. And that is not because you are right, and they are wrong. That is because you act like a false prophet, and try to make everyone believe that you are actually a prophet send by the god. And you are doing that because you believe you are so.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:42   Link #133
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I think James, who had already given up discussing with you, already mentioned. Zoro only said Moria is stalling for the sun (which is understandable).
No it's not understandable to you people cause you don't understand the sun sends people without shadows to hell [meaning DEATH]. Which shows Moria's intent to kill.

Quote:
The rest is created by you and you only (that part is also mentioned by James in different words), because you enjoy acting like Oda. Anyways, please don't post your "own" ideas as canon. That is worse than trashing.
Nah this is from the canon...
Zoro: "Will we be destroyed first...?"
So you can keep fooling yourself and keep swimming in the pool of denial, like always..

Quote:
You know there is a reason why people laugh at your words. And that is not because you are right, and they are wrong. That is because you act like a false prophet, and try to make everyone believe that you are actually a prophet send by the god.
WTH??
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:46   Link #134
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Please stop with this pointless (for this thread at least) discussion (btw, don't think I didn't notice the extraordinarily douchey note you put in your deleted text Phen-chan ) . Go to the General Discussion on the Shichibukai [Manga] if you want to discuss the Moria v. Luffy fight. Or, if you find yourself unable to not talk about Moria, just talk about the Tsuno-Tokage attack and how it is constructed, but leave the rest for the correct thread...

That being said, the next Volume...what is it 55? 56? Whatever it is, the next Volumes colour cover is out. It shows the various criminal friends of Luffy (Mr. 2, Mr. 3, and Buggy), as well as the other 3 of the 4 Demon Guards: The Koala is Yellow (for some reason); the Rhinoceros is Blue; and the Zebra is white with blue stripes (or vice-versa) and purple hair.

btw, I'm really digging Nami's min-story. She appears to be in some sort of Fantasy-themed Kingdom (I know it is a Sky Island), looking bewildered (or indifferent) as she stands next to some Gandalf rip-off who is talking with some Arthur rip-off. It's all very cute and silly. Also, I am very interested to see what is on the piece of paper the Gandalf rip-off is holding. Could it be special Dials...?

edit: now that I look at the pic even closer, it seems that the Gandalf character is a merchent (he still seems to create the devices) that has landed in a desert kingdom (judging by the background) to sell his wares. So, technically speaking, Nami has already "escaped from the Sky Island she was on. Who wants to bet that the Gandalf-character will sell her to the shief he is dealing with ...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-27 at 15:14.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:57   Link #135
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
who the is that in your avatar james?
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 16:13   Link #136
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Random unrelated question: I haven't seen the anime where the WB pirates refer to WB as father and I don't read Japanese, so do they refer to him as 'oyaji' or 'chichiu-e'?
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 19:18   Link #137
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Random unrelated question: I haven't seen the anime where the WB pirates refer to WB as father and I don't read Japanese, so do they refer to him as 'oyaji' or 'chichiu-e'?
They refer to him as "oyaji".

As for this week's chapter, it really does seem like the shichibukai are the "key" to which side will prevail in this war: WG or WB pirates. Up until they made their move, the marines and the WB pirates appeared to be at a standstill. Subsequent to their intervention, the first significant victim (Oars Jr.) of this skirmish is on WB's side. They really do have the capability to turn the tides against either side. From now on, WB is going to have to start taking matters into his own hands if he wants to mitigate the casualties his side is inevitably going to suffer.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 04:02   Link #138
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Just read chapter 555,and pretty impressed with Hancock's ability...i thought her ability was just to put anyone who falls for her into stone..but this chapter shows the opposite of my thought.Not only she could shoot arrow that could stone anyone that got pierce by it,but also can petrify ppl with just a kick.Hancock sure is amazing in this chapter...

And feel sad about the ending...3 Shichibukais took Oars down,and i hope Oars didn't die even after being stabbed by the shadow made spear from Moria.Seeing Ace's expression when Moria dealt the final blow,i think something big will happen in the next chapter...probably the secret power of Gold Roger's blood being unleashed?

Can't wait for the next chapter...damn i wonder how long more till Luffy show himself there....
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 05:40   Link #139
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Nido Triangle
Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
This chapter was surprisingly shorter than 554.
__________________
Photonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 05:55   Link #140
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
Well looks like we got to see the Shichibukai flex their muscles in this chapter, I personally loved seeing Kuma continue his show of dominance in the OP world and own Oars with Ursus Shock.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.