AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-08-25, 08:55   Link #1
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
The Physical Manifestation of Zanpakutos [anime-only]

Welcome fellow Bleach fans, to the Zanpakuto manifestation discussion thread. In episode 230: "A New Enemy! The Materialization of Zanpakuto?" we come to know that Zanpakuto can attain corporeal form. Not only that, they have mutinied against the very shinigamis who are responsible for their very existence. "How" and "why" still remain a mystery. We do know, however, that the root of the mystery lies with this enigmatic figure called Muramasa. He has instigated the uprising of these Zanpakuto who are going against the Shinigami. He also claims that he is a Zanpakuto as well. This statement raises a lot of eyebrows.

As much as we know of the Zanpakutos, their abilities are defined by the characteristic of a particular shinigami just because the Zanpakutos are souls born in the hearts of the shinigamis. Once a shinigami learns the name of the sword he or she wields, they can communicate with that particular zanpakuto and can grow stronger as a result. Now, Muramasa is accusing the Shinigamis of entrapping these Zanpakuto for their own means. Muramasa is also saying that the Zanpakutos have their own soul and that the Zanpakutos want to be free. Okay. If this isn't confusing enough, it gets worse. Not only these Zanpakutos want to be free, but they also want the end of the Shinigami era. Here is a tiny little fact that's being telecast at the beginning of each of these episode for this new anime-original arc:
"A Zanpakutos is born within a Shinigami, and he/she/it ceases to exist when the respective shinigami perishes."
So, why, oh why, are they going with this seemingly suicidal plan layed out by Muramasa? There are many other questions that are popping up as the arc progresses through its story telling. The most curious one is which Shinigami Muramasa owes for his existence?

The purpose of this thread is to garner all such discussion, questions, theories, prediction, and etc that corresponds with these physical manifestation of Zanpakutos. We will also have a poll at the end of this anime-original arc which will list all the zanpakutos that will have a physical manifestation during the course of this anime-original arc. Here in the following are some screen capture for the Zanpakutos that have manifested physically:

Spoiler:

The only rules that need to be adhered to:
All manga spoilers that will reveal future events for the anime counterpart cannot be posted in this thread.
Enjoy the discussion. Be polite to each other.

Last edited by MAQI; 2009-08-25 at 14:49.
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:06   Link #2
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Thanks Monir!!! I have to say that so far Kazeshini is my favorite but close seconds are Hozukimaru and Tenken...
Old 2009-08-25, 12:33   Link #3
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
So, why, oh why, are they going with this seemingly suicidal plan layed out by Muramasa?
Most likely because he is brainwashing them. Oh and Tobiume is Momo's
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 13:58   Link #4
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Hozukimaru belongs to Ikkaku
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:14   Link #5
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

It'd be nice if the did some development with the fighting abilities, it'd be nice to see Hyourinmaru teach Toushirou something.
Also wtf @ Zabimaru. I thought the form in Bankai training was much more awesome.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:33   Link #6
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It'd be nice if the did some development with the fighting abilities, it'd be nice to see Hyourinmaru teach Toushirou something.
Also wtf @ Zabimaru. I thought the form in Bankai training was much more awesome.
Yeah same here, I loved the Baboon with the snake tail. I thought that was one of the coolest characters in Bleach, it made me a Renji fan, but a women covered in hair and a mentaly challenged kid on a leash isn't bad either...
Old 2009-08-25, 14:44   Link #7
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

she's kinda hot for a half-furry

>.>

<.<

wut?
Old 2009-08-25, 14:48   Link #8
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
she's kinda hot for a half-furry

>.>

<.<

wut?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing... I think she looks more like a wolf woman than a baboon. Anyway though, if she has to bring the kid on dates thats a deal breaker!!!
Old 2009-08-25, 14:50   Link #9
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Can I just drop the "I believe this is what everyone is thinking" bomb here and say Muramasa belongs to Kenpachi?
Old 2009-08-25, 14:59   Link #10
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

It just sounds too revealing considering that this is filler...
Old 2009-08-25, 14:59   Link #11
Haak
Forever Alone...

How do you know for sure that's Wabisuke, btw? I'm upset because i hoped Wabisuke would look a little cooler. I know you're supposed to be anti-war but you don't have to look like something out of a horror movie.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:01   Link #12
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It just sounds too revealing considering that this is filler...
What's your suggestion, then?
Old 2009-08-25, 15:17   Link #13
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How do you know for sure that's Wabisuke, btw? I'm upset because i hoped Wabisuke would look a little cooler. I know you're supposed to be anti-war but you don't have to look like something out of a horror movie.
Two reasons I'm 99.9% sure it's Wabisuke, One: He's EMO looking as Fu@%! Two: he's got that big thing on his back that looks like it weighs a lot!!!! Plus I think they show Kira's face and his at the same time in the credits... Anyone confirm that for me? please.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:21   Link #14
Haak
Forever Alone...

I was the thinking the same too. I was just hoping for an official conformation, just so you know lose any hope I had left.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:26   Link #15
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

they showed Wabisuke w/ the sword in the first episode of the filler if memory serves me right.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:27   Link #16
Haak
Forever Alone...

^ Was it when they were all gathered on the mountain top?
Old 2009-08-25, 15:52   Link #17
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
What's your suggestion, then?
That he's a stray. At least for now, maybe he really does have a connection to Kenpachi, but assuming this arc will take a year I'd like to be surprised for once and be proven wrong in both cases
Old 2009-08-25, 16:20   Link #18
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That he's a stray. At least for now, maybe he really does have a connection to Kenpachi, but assuming this arc will take a year I'd like to be surprised for once and be proven wrong in both cases
Oh man I hope it doesn't take a whole year!! A couple of months tops, maybe even three... but not a year!
Old 2009-08-25, 16:45   Link #19
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Zangetsu x Sode no Shirayuki ftw
Old 2009-08-25, 16:46   Link #20
Gin
*Artist

No poll?