AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-09-04, 13:23   Link #161
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
I liked Haruhi's very well-done reaction to Kyon trying to punch her in the latest Haruhi episode
Indeed. Both from expression and voice acting, it was quite well done.
She really looked desperate in a "What? Why are you against me? WHY?" way.
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 15:31   Link #162
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Indeed. Both from expression and voice acting, it was quite well done.
She really looked desperate in a "What? Why are you against me? WHY?" way.
Her pensive and dejected look when Kyon barges into the clubroom was well-done as well. Though one has to wonder if the happy face she puts on after Kyon tells her that he wants to make the movie a success is genuine, since their fight affects her through the Cultural Festival.

I think it puts Live A Live into a whole new light. It's almost like a protracted apology to Kyon for the events in Sighs. Her way of showing him that "look, I can do something good, and be concerned for other people!" The suspiciously apropos lyrics didn't hurt.
Old 2009-09-07, 21:03   Link #163
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Her pensive and dejected look when Kyon barges into the clubroom was well-done as well. Though one has to wonder if the happy face she puts on after Kyon tells her that he wants to make the movie a success is genuine, since their fight affects her through the Cultural Festival.

I think it puts Live A Live into a whole new light. It's almost like a protracted apology to Kyon for the events in Sighs. Her way of showing him that "look, I can do something good, and be concerned for other people!" The suspiciously apropos lyrics didn't hurt.
It almost makes you wonder if Haruhi "wanted" an opportunity to prove to Kyon that she could show empathy...
Jonbob0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 07:55   Link #164
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
So you're saying she willed a poor musician(two in the anime) into being hurt, simply so she could help them out? I'd rather not think of Haruhi being like that, especially since, DoS aside, Live A Live marks the start of her change in personality.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 09:46   Link #165
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Sometimes a coincidence really is just a coincidence.

Or at least, that's my thought on the matter.

All Glory to the Greentext.
SgtHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 09:48   Link #166
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
So you're saying she willed a poor musician(two in the anime) into being hurt, simply so she could help them out? I'd rather not think of Haruhi being like that, especially since, DoS aside, Live A Live marks the start of her change in personality.
One could say that she just saw the opportunity presented to her by coincidental Act of Plot and took it; if one would rather not think that Haruhi might've unconsciously bent reality to give her the opportunity. After all, not every suspicious coincidence in the Haruhi-verse comes from Haruhi. Or maybe Yuki did it to create the opportunity for Haruhi (a'la Mysterique Sign) (and so she could get the chance to rock everybody's face off with her mad axe shredding skillz. )
Old 2009-09-08, 10:04   Link #167
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

That's what I was getting at. I really don't see Haruhi being the type to injure someone, directly or not, simply to look good by helping said person afterward.

Also, Mysterique Sign had very little to do with Haruhi. She got bored of the situation before anything major happened.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-08, 22:01   Link #168
sacundim

Quote:
I don't think one thing contradicts the other. She can be genuinely happy that she hasn't driven Kyon away, yet bothered by the fact that she almost did.

Quote:
Quote:
One could say that she just saw the opportunity presented to her by coincidental Act of Plot and took it; if one would rather not think that Haruhi might've unconsciously bent reality to give her the opportunity. After all, not every suspicious coincidence in the Haruhi-verse comes from Haruhi.
I think it's wrong it to see it as an "opportunity" that Haruhi "took," as if it was a means to the goal of appeasing Kyon. For it to be genuine in the way Kyon cares about, her goal has to be to help the ENOZ girls. If helping them is a means for her goals with regards to Kyon, then she's just using the ENOZ girls to manipulate Kyon. The difference would be that she's using them in a relatively benevolent manner because she thinks Kyon would disapprove otherwise.
sacundim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 22:08   Link #169
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

... I don't think Haruhi even knew Kyon was going to be in the audience. Or if she knew he was there while she was performing.
Old 2009-09-08, 22:14   Link #170
GDB

One could say her Will didn't create the situation for her to perform, but she may have caused it to rain, hoping to bring Kyon into the audience to see her helping. She just didn't know he was already there.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 22:26   Link #171
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

The rain thing has been speculated for years, but I don't recall it ever being Kyon-specific.
Old 2009-09-08, 23:46   Link #172
CrowKenobi

If there's going to be any more talk of Haruhi in "Live Alive", perhaps a quick perusal of the episode thread itself would be in order.

...not that I had anything to say on the matter...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 11:05   Link #173
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacundim View Post
I don't think one thing contradicts the other. She can be genuinely happy that she hasn't driven Kyon away, yet bothered by the fact that she almost did.
I think the implied meaning of the "Putting Hair in Ponytail" shot was that she was extremely distressed and trying anything to get Kyon to talk to her. When he comes in and they talk you could tell she was relieved and overjoyed. Her expression said to me

*turns*

"Really you mean it?..."

"You do!"

*bright smile*

Quote:
I think it's wrong it to see it as an "opportunity" that Haruhi "took," as if it was a means to the goal of appeasing Kyon. For it to be genuine in the way Kyon cares about, her goal has to be to help the ENOZ girls. If helping them is a means for her goals with regards to Kyon, then she's just using the ENOZ girls to manipulate Kyon. The difference would be that she's using them in a relatively benevolent manner because she thinks Kyon would disapprove otherwise.
It was probably a mixture of wanting to help them and trying to repair the damage she has done already. This way she helps people out and tries to show everyone that she isn't all bad. Hell Kyon was extremely impressed by what Haruhi did.

The ending of Live Alive was perfect in showing Haruhi's reaction towards being thanked. She didn't know how to react.
Tornadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 00:52   Link #174
OkamiNoKaze

I have to wonder now, if that pic of Haruhi sitting in the club room was a reference to sigh 4 or melencholy 6?
Old 2009-09-13, 05:30   Link #175
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I have to wonder now, if that pic of Haruhi sitting in the club room was a reference to sigh 4 or melencholy 6?
Could be both.
Old 2009-09-14, 15:17   Link #176
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Because I'm pretty sure this is where it should be . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Spoiler:
That's not evidence saying she isn't bisexual. If you look at it like that, then she can never be bi. She'll either be hetero or homo because she'd either be dating a male or a female.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 15:27   Link #177
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Because I'm pretty sure this is where it should be . . .

That's not evidence saying she isn't bisexual. If you look at it like that, then she can never be bi. She'll either be hetero or homo because she'd either be dating a male or a female.
That wasn't the evidence.

Just the general point i was trying to make.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:22   Link #178
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

My personal belief is that Haruhi is a bisexual, but finds that men (or at least Kyon) are more satisfying from an emotional standpoint.

A lot of people out there find both sexes attractive physically, but prefer to have a relationship with someone of one sex or the other. They would be willing to have a one night stand with either, but they would only stay commited to someone to whom fits with their emotional preferences.

While romantic relationships usually do involve some level of sexual attraction, sexual attraction doesn't need any emotional attatchments. Haruhi might be physically attracted to Mikuru, there's no way that she'd ever want to date her. She not that kind of bisexual, as there are many shades of bisexuality.

Sexual preference isn't black, white and grey. It comes in all different shades inbetween, and it could be argued that very few people are completely white, black or grey.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:56   Link #179
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

... Technically speaking, any mixture of black and white is grey, so I think you might need to work on that last part a bit.
Old 2009-10-13, 02:32   Link #180
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Technically speaking, any mixture of black and white is grey, so I think you might need to work on that last part a bit.
You're right... -_-

Hopefully, my point wasn't lost, though. I guess the better way to put it is black, white, or an equal mixture of the two. There...fixed...

Tags
characters