AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-15, 02:32   Link #141
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I would honestly like to continue thinking that the Mikuru in the Brigade is completely clueless as to why her superiors want her there.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 02:35   Link #142
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I would honestly like to continue thinking that the Mikuru in the Brigade is completely clueless as to why her superiors want her there.
But later?

Koizumi did say not to trust the older Mikuru.

And at the end, the two sides confessing they do not trust the other

It must mean something, maybe even a war between the two sides.

And Kyon having to sort it all out, or choose a side.

Actually, that has a decent possibility of happening.
Otaku Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 03:50   Link #143
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Depends. One of the qualifications for being a god is that someone worships you.
This don't mean you have to like said god. You could just worship it because you are afraid. I am pretty sure at last some in the organization thinks that way. Few people would like to have their lifes depeinding of the mood of a teenager.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 03:51   Link #144
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
This don't mean you have to like said god. You could just worship it because you are afraid. I am pretty sure at last some in the organization thinks that way. Few people would like to have their lifes depeinding of the mood of a teenager.
Haruhi's not just any teenager, she's Haruhi.
Old 2009-10-15, 04:27   Link #145
Heatth

Whatever. No matter how fun she is, she still just an emotional teenager. Specially for the nameless grunts who don't actually know her.
Old 2009-10-15, 05:44   Link #146
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
I'm pretty sure that Mikuru is there in order to stop Haruhi from changing the past. Which is why I think that she might turn on the SOS Brigade and Kyon would have to turn to Fujiwara for help (which would be interesting, seeing as he hates the guy).
Old 2009-10-15, 11:38   Link #147
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Re: Arakawa.

We only know for sure of him driving Itsuki/Kyon one time, and that is in Volume 7. Kyon speculates that it could have also been him driving when Itsuki did his infodump on the way to the Closed Space in Melancholy, but there is no confirmation, anime notwithstanding.

Arakawa is normal, since we don't know his full name (to be honest, we don't know whether the "Tamaru brothers" are even brothers, or, by extension, if that is even their real family name), but that doesn't mean he can't be a badass. I mean, after all, he is old, with a mustache, and is voiced by Batou, so how could he not be badass?

He's probably Tsuruya-san's sensei... ^_^
Old 2009-10-15, 15:25   Link #148
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I mean, after all, he is old, with a mustache, and is voiced by Batou, so how could he not be badass?
Personally, I associate him more with Big Boss...
Old 2009-10-15, 19:18   Link #149
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
Haruhi's not just any teenager, she's Haruhi.
There I go, using tautology to dodge the question...
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 04:17   Link #150
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Re: Arakawa.

We only know for sure of him driving Itsuki/Kyon one time, and that is in Volume 7. Kyon speculates that it could have also been him driving when Itsuki did his infodump on the way to the Closed Space in Melancholy, but there is no confirmation, anime notwithstanding.

Arakawa is normal, since we don't know his full name (to be honest, we don't know whether the "Tamaru brothers" are even brothers, or, by extension, if that is even their real family name), but that doesn't mean he can't be a badass. I mean, after all, he is old, with a mustache, and is voiced by Batou, so how could he not be badass?

He's probably Tsuruya-san's sensei... ^_^
Actually the Tsuruya thing is an interesting thought. Not that he's her sensei, but he's connected to their family. That would explain why he drives Koizumi sometimes, as he lives nearby, and would also point to him being fairly high up in the organization, as we know the Tsuruyas are the Organization's benefactors. I don't see why people might think that he's not just because he does the driving >.>

I'm of the opinion that Mori is higher ranked than he is, but it's not out of the question that Arakawa is higher in my eyes. For all we know, he could have had a traumatic driving experience and refuses to get in anything that someone else is driving :P
Old 2009-10-17, 15:46   Link #151
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
I don't see why people might think that he's not just because he does the driving >.>
My poit is I don't see why so many people thins he is the most important guy there if all he had done so far is being the buttler and the driver. Even the maid had demonstred more of herself then him.

Of course he could be important. But, right now, we only knows he plays the role of a buttler sometimes and drives once, probably twice (we only knows what Kyons say, if he believes Arakawa drives the first time, we should believe, it was also what was shown in the anime). There was also little infered about him, unlike Mori, he really just seen to be a rregular guy.
Old 2009-10-17, 16:51   Link #152
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Right now, we only know that the Organization's enemies find Mori intimidating. There's nothing stating she's important, either.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-17, 19:22   Link #153
Heatth

I never said there is. However, it was, at last, impplied there is more about her then we know. A bit more then Arakawa.
Old 2009-10-17, 19:25   Link #154
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
My poit is I don't see why so many people thins he is the most important guy there if all he had done so far is being the buttler and the driver. Even the maid had demonstred more of herself then him.

Of course he could be important. But, right now, we only knows he plays the role of a buttler sometimes and drives once, probably twice (we only knows what Kyons say, if he believes Arakawa drives the first time, we should believe, it was also what was shown in the anime). There was also little infered about him, unlike Mori, he really just seen to be a rregular guy.
Butlers are always important. They're either massive behind-the-scene support (Alfred ), or... they're killers! I.E. The butler did it! Honestly, I was looking for Haruhi to blame Arakawa for the killing mystery on the island villa. Just as a joke, of course.
Old 2009-10-17, 19:27   Link #155
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
This don't mean you have to like said god. You could just worship it because you are afraid.
wor·ship (wûrshp)
n.

a. The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.
b. The ceremonies, prayers, or other religious forms by which this love is expressed.

worship [ˈwɜːʃɪp]
vb -ships, -shipping, -shipped US, -ships -shiping, -shiped

1. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) (tr) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine)
2. (tr) to be devoted to and full of admiration for
3. (intr) to have or express feelings of profound adoration
Old 2009-10-17, 19:38   Link #156
Heatth

...can't you respect and be devoted to something you hate and fear?

Anyway, the word don't matter, you probably know abut what I am talking. For exemple, many people "worship"(or whatever word you use) God by fear of going to Hell.
Old 2009-10-17, 19:45   Link #157
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

I'd imagine most "volcano god" cultures were quite terrified of what would happen if they didn't continue making sacrifices...
Old 2009-10-17, 19:51   Link #158
Heatth

Yeah, pretty much this. I am sure at last some in the Organization are terrifed by having the fate of the world in some teenages hand.

Spoiler for future novel:
Old 2009-10-18, 03:44   Link #159
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much this. I am sure at last some in the Organization are terrifed by having the fate of the world in some teenages hand.

Spoiler for future novel:
Not to mention one that is obsessed with the Occult and aliens, and gets move swings by the slightest things.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:54   Link #160
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post

Spoiler for size:
Spoiler for size:
well, Yanagimoto dislikes Haruhi.
Is it ever mentioned why?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags