AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 21 16.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 29.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-26, 13:03   Link #21
Mikachiru
test
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Yeah, ghost Jessica and Kanon wasn't really necessary. All it does is add to Jessica/Kanon. In the game it was a pointless scene imo.
Yeah I guess. But it would still be nice to have... =_=;;
__________________
Mikachiru is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 13:05   Link #22
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Quote:
Yeah, ghost Jessica and Kanon wasn't really necessary. All it does is add to Jessica/Kanon. In the game it was a pointless scene imo.
well it was nice to see Beato mock them with "Muhihi your voices won't reach them muhihihihi" but well I'll manage without it. I'll miss it a bit but for the sake of pacing I think the the cut was necessary
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-08-26 at 13:15.
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 13:19   Link #23
bigemperor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
The episode was very well done but they ruined it with very simple bgm in the battle between beatrice and battle, i really can't understand they put dread of the grave in episode 7 preview but now they donít use it even once and they put a VERY COMMON BGM THAT RUINS THE MOOD COMPLETELY, what a shame.
bigemperor is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 13:27   Link #24
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hinamizawa
Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
The episode was very well done but they ruined it with very simple bgm in the battle between beatrice and battle, i really can't understand they put dread of the grave in episode 7 preview but now they donít use it even once and they put a VERY COMMON BGM THAT RUINS THE MOOD COMPLETELY, what a shame.
I totally agree, I swear they should just cancel the bgm and we could listen to our fav. bgm's instead
__________________
hauuu kaii omochikaeri<3 Keiichi-kun?doushite uso...
tsuku no kana? doushite uso..tsuku no kana?USODA!USODA!!USODA!!!
Rena Ryuuguu is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 15:23   Link #25
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Aside from no dread of the grave or adrenaline pumping music, this episode was near perfect. The censorship doesn't bother me. It's not that bad and it's still gruesome with it. Lots of blood.

I can only guess DEEN is saving dread for later scenes. Possibly the tea party. Even if that's the case, I don't approve. The scenes lose a lot of impact without it.

I'll wait until subs before voting but it'll probably get a 9 from me.
MarthX is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 15:26   Link #26
Saerianne
*cackle*
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 19
Was good. Liked the pacing and everything. Only thing that's bugging me is their choice of bgm.
8/10
Saerianne is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 15:33   Link #27
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
I like the episode.
Though I hate the jumping around in rooms...what are they ninjas? And don't even hit their heads -.-

Well, Magical Gohda Chef got his shiny time at least. And wuzah spider webs sure are scary though it felt really stupid that there was only one web in the boiler room and kinda seemed to scream "Look at me!"
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 15:41   Link #28
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Just finished the raw.

...I'll write a review later :x I don't know the episode was good, but at the same time it kind of lacked feeling for me until we get to the evil!Kanon scene.

Can I say that Gohda's faces this episode were just hilarious though |D
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 15:45   Link #29
Saerianne
*cackle*
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 19
Actually I might give it a 9... that kanon scene was awesome. >D
Saerianne is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 16:00   Link #30
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
Hmm, I think I see why they haven't used Dread of the Grave yet.
First off, Battler hasn't had many "winning" battles yet, objectively speaking. He showed that it was possible to do the first twilight without magic and he vouched for Kanon's innocence, but over all, he hasn't done a thing about solving the crime.

Second, and the bigger reason, is obvious if you try timing Battler's only successful scene in this EP with the music. From the time Battler gets on a winning streak to the time Nanjo starts looking for the key, less than a minute passes...and he's not actually arguing with anyone to raise the tension.

That said, I think they could have stuck that BGM in there and made it work by moving a few things around.
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 16:09   Link #31
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The only thing that bothers me about this battle between Beato and Battler is that she could prove him that magic exist if she showed him how the deaths actually happen. I know that for beato this is a game and it is also for our benefit and etertainment. I just think that it is silly of beato to just play it like she is doing. She could show him Asmodeus and Satan and have them stab Battler in each leg
golthin is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 16:10   Link #32
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Hmm, I think I see why they haven't used Dread of the Grave yet.
First off, Battler hasn't had many "winning" battles yet, objectively speaking. He showed that it was possible to do the first twilight without magic and he vouched for Kanon's innocence, but over all, he hasn't done a thing about solving the crime.

Second, and the bigger reason, is obvious if you try timing Battler's only successful scene in this EP with the music. From the time Battler gets on a winning streak to the time Nanjo starts looking for the key, less than a minute passes...and he's not actually arguing with anyone to raise the tension.

That said, I think they could have stuck that BGM in there and made it work by moving a few things around.
Dread of the Grave will be good, but I'm also waiting for SY and World End Dominator.

I wish I could watch the raw but my Wednesdays are going to be super busy this fall.
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 16:14   Link #33
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The only thing that bothers me about this battle between Beato and Battler is that she could prove him that magic exist if she showed him how the deaths actually happen. I know that for beato this is a game and it is also for our benefit and etertainment. I just think that it is silly of beato to just play it like she is doing. She could show him Asmodeus and Satan and have them stab Battler in each leg
Yes, she could...

But if you think that the scene with the stakes was proof that magic exists, then I'm afraid to say it's not that easy.
This is Ryuukishi we're talking about here. If you watch Higurashi, you'll see that he never makes the final answer to a puzzle obvious.

So, turn the chessboard over on Ryuukishi (that's what he wants you to do).
Why is he showing us something that seems to be the obvious truth...in what's supposed to be a puzzle-filled series?
You can bet there's a good reason.
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 16:34   Link #34
Kanon Butler
Ushiromiya Butler
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rokkenjima
Send a message via MSN to Kanon Butler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Dread of the Grave will be good, but I'm also waiting for SY and World End Dominator.

I wish I could watch the raw but my Wednesdays are going to be super busy this fall.
I guess they play world end domanitor later at EP 2 in the Anime as for the death to grave I agree . I believe it will be used later too. but I also believe it will be "horrible" Mixed again. I hate they mixing epic Umineko BGM's I mean it's not like we would be bored by it hearing the same BGM in the Anime like in the game. and also for Anime Only watcher it would be better. so they could hear the awesome bgm's of the game too
__________________
I'm the Zero on your Roulette! and this is where the devils Roulette ends!!
go back to hell and wait for the next 1000 years for your summoning! Beatriceeee!!!

Kanon Butler is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 16:42   Link #35
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Can we return to the episode talk before this turns into the usual BGM 'when will they use that track' discussion please? Thank you
Proto is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 16:58   Link #36
BakaOnna
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon Butler View Post
I guess they play world end domanitor later at EP 2 in the Anime as for the death to grave I agree . I believe it will be used later too. but I also believe it will be "horrible" Mixed again. I hate they mixing epic Umineko BGM's I mean it's not like we would be bored by it hearing the same BGM in the Anime like in the game. and also for Anime Only watcher it would be better. so they could hear the awesome bgm's of the game too
I think it's more of trying to make it not interfere with the voices, and since a lot of the original BMG tracks loop 2 times and can be quite long, while in the anime the scenes would be much shorter, they probably remix them to fit a certain length of time needed for the scene.
__________________
BakaOnna is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 17:08   Link #37
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Can we return to the episode talk before this turns into the usual BGM 'when will they use that track' discussion please? Thank you
Not sure how I feel about the red truth now swirling around Battler. I find it interesting how his eyes don't follow it. It's like he can't see it and only we can.

I like that they kept the wolf and sheep puzzle explanation. One of the things you aren't sure they'll keep since they skipped the devil's proof explanation.

This episode has a really nice pace. It's probably the second best paced episode yet. 5 being the best of course.

A lot of weird camera angles, focusing on Battler and Beatrice's hands.

I'm surprised they kept Dark Kanon sticking his finger into his wound. Even with the minor censorship, I could see someone wincing at that.

Gohda and Genji show off their badass side.

Maria is smart to stay mostly quiet when Rosa has a gun.
MarthX is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 17:17   Link #38
Coruja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I'm surprised they kept Dark Kanon sticking his finger into his wound. Even with the minor censorship, I could see someone wincing at that.
I did, ahah. It was truly disgusting. In a good way. x)
Coruja is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 17:17   Link #39
ineloquence
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
-Not a lot to complain about this episode, and the pacing was excellent, although things don't really get going until evil!Kanon shows up. It seems Deen does better with intense action scenes.

-I didn't notice the BGM because my sister had the TV turned up while I was trying to watch the raw, but I don't mind if they're saving DotG for later.

-Love the way they handled red text, it looks stylish.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-27 at 01:22. Reason: there is no such thing like "semi" spoiler.
ineloquence is offline  
Old 2009-08-26, 17:34   Link #40
TsundereCake
真 ラブ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Everywhere
Spoiler:
__________________
I need a new sig ⊙︿⊙
TsundereCake is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.