AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 44 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 19.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-31, 19:56   Link #301
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Well, he was wearing the correct shirt, tie, and slacks. And he was also carrying an unconscious time-traveling moeblob who was wearing what is unmistakably a North High uniform.
And I can bet you that North High is the only school in the city that forces its female students into sailor outfits.
Old 2009-08-31, 20:10   Link #302
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And I can bet you that North High is the only school in the city that forces its female students into sailor outfits.
LOL! That's a good joke.

OTOH, though... the North High female student uniform has always been uniquely eye-catching to me for some reason. It's probably the way the skirt portion kind of... puffs outwards in an unique way, even while worn. Also, blue & white with red trim and bow... very bold, distinctive look, imo.
Old 2009-08-31, 20:14   Link #303
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
LOL! That's a good joke.
I was actually being serious.

Japanese high schools these days do NOT normally use sailor outfits, regardless of what we're still seeing in many anime. So we can assume North High is relatively unique in that regard.

In fact, the real North High doesn't use sailor outfits either. (Nor does it have the males in those particular uniforms... they wear gakuran.)
Old 2009-08-31, 20:25   Link #304
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:

Japanese high schools these days do NOT normally use sailor outfits, regardless of what we're still seeing in many anime. So we can assume North High is relatively unique in that regard.
Well... this is an anime universe that we're talking about. It doesn't have to run by what's actually going on in the real world. Although, in this case, it helps if it does.

Quote:

In fact, the real North High doesn't use sailor outfits either. (Nor does it have the males in those particular uniforms... they wear gakuran.)
You've certainly researched this intricately, Kaisos. Did you learn this through on-line sources, or elsewhere?
Old 2009-08-31, 20:30   Link #305
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Well... this is an anime universe that we're talking about. It doesn't have to run by what's actually going on in the real world. Although, in this case, it helps if it does.
Haruhi strikes me as being a lot more "real" than the majority of anime, somewhat ironically.

Note the Kouyouen Academy uniforms we keep seeing in the background of the anime... those are a lot more standard as far as female uniforms go.

Quote:
You've certainly researched this intricately, Kaisos. Did you learn this through on-line sources, or elsewhere?
Whenever I get obsessed with anything, which is often, I have the tendency to find out anything about it that I can, which usually involves a lot of ferreting around for information, yeah.
Old 2009-08-31, 20:33   Link #306
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
No need to. In the novels, Kyon goes out of his way to comment on how unusual the girls' sailor uniforms are and speculates that someone high up in the administration must've had quite the sailor outfit fetish.
Old 2009-08-31, 20:43   Link #307
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
No need to. In the novels, Kyon goes out of his way to comment on how unusual the girls' sailor uniforms are and speculates that someone high up in the administration must've had quite the sailor outfit fetish.
Thanks for the info. Maybe North High is ran by Roy Mustang from FMA...
Old 2009-08-31, 21:00   Link #308
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

Quote:

Wow man, you just killed all of my fantasies. Nice going there.

The funniest part of this episode was seeing how big KyoAni would make the contact lens

Unfortunately, I can't really relate to the "2006 Feeling", because for me there's only an (April 2009) vs (August 2009) feeling as I started watching this series in April-heresy.
Old 2009-08-31, 21:06   Link #309
max2k

How high are the chances that "we" non novel readers still see how Kyon got the cat? The cat was seen in SHnY2006 only during the movie. So they should have found him when the last scenes are taken. But i don't think Haruhi would go hunting for UMAs when she is busy filming.

That pacing would really suck for me if they did all this eps. of E8 and let out the story of this pet out...
max2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 21:38   Link #310
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Much like Carmel Dansen (Sp?), I've simply heard/seen so much Hare Hare Yukai at this point (copied in so many different ways) that the charm of it is completely lost on me. I found it awesome in the early days of this anime, though.
That's probably why. I don't hate the song either. But in general, I like all the theme songs for all the KyoAni shows. Except maybe Air's ending song. It's also harder for an ED song to get to me, just because it's at the end of an episode.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 21:39   Link #311
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k View Post
How high are the chances that "we" non novel readers still see how Kyon got the cat? The cat was seen in SHnY2006 only during the movie. So they should have found him when the last scenes are taken. But i don't think Haruhi would go hunting for UMAs when she is busy filming.

That pacing would really suck for me if they did all this eps. of E8 and let out the story of this pet out...
Spoiler for The Cat!:
Old 2009-08-31, 23:25   Link #312
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
...Amusingly, when I first watched Kannagi, guess what the art style reminded me of?

Haruhi.
This.

The main reason I picked up Kannagi was because its art resembled Haruhi's (what was more surprising was the dancing OP!). And, if you lazy non-lurkers check the first few pages of the K-On thread, you'll see that, in turn, it resembled Kannagi -- so much that it was speculated that either KyoAni or Studio Ordet (collaborating with A-1 or otherwise) would be doing the animation.

And on the OP, I liked the accompanying animation for 2006's OP better, while I agree that Super Driver is the better song (the "no no" gestures near the end easily makes the OP IMO). If you look back, you'll see that the 2006 OP was very encompassing, covering content that, even now and maybe in a few years, has not yet been animated.
Old 2009-09-01, 00:15   Link #313
Ithekro
Warning

Funny that we go from Haruhi 2006, to Kannagi, to K-On, and back to Haruhi again (2009). All are compared to the previous version...so therefore shouldn't the two Haruhi's be more or less the same? If K-On looks like Kannagi style which looks like Haruhi style, shouldn't Haruhi look like Haruhi style if it looks like K-On? HmmmMmmmm?
Old 2009-09-01, 00:20   Link #314
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Or people just lack any kind of long term memory. The world will never now (since it already forgot).
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 00:21   Link #315
Ithekro
Warning

Forgot what?

As a historian it is in my training to not forget.
Old 2009-09-01, 00:33   Link #316
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

btw congratulations to those who entered september 1st successfully without returning to the 17th
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 00:35   Link #317
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Or people just lack any kind of long term memory. The world will never now (since it already forgot).
The problem with this line of thought is that the 06 episodes have been airing this year, as well, and there's significant evidence that people were at least watching during the re-airing of Melancholy. Unless you're trying to imply that people can't even remember something from just a few months ago, there really is no basis for this argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
btw congratulations to those who entered september 1st successfully without returning to the 17th
And to those of us who had to repeat several times and remember it? Good god, you people can get annoying.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 01:06   Link #318
Ithekro
Warning

One assumes they watched the rerun episodes in 2009 rather than simply skipping them in wait for new episodes. Then then inversely one assumes they watched the 2006 show to begin with and didn't just pick it up in April for this rerun....

Is that a paradox or something less profound?
Old 2009-09-01, 01:22   Link #319
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Just a lot of people assuming things. And you know what they say about what happens when you assume something.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 01:24   Link #320
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
The problem with this line of thought is that the 06 episodes have been airing this year, as well, and there's significant evidence that people were at least watching during the re-airing of Melancholy. Unless you're trying to imply that people can't even remember something from just a few months ago, there really is no basis for this argument.
Well yeah, since you have cornered to this point, I will have to use my secret move and assert that it's true, people don't have any short term memory either.... whatever we were talking about anyway.

That or maybe I was just joking around. Oh, the mystery.

In all seriousness, I think people had just become incredibly spoiled, they were 'let down' because of E8, and are now basically throwing a long term tantrum. That would summarize the general reaction of the fanbase right now. The laws of dynamics tell us that the reaction pendulum will return to its original position in 2 or 3 years anyway, so it's no use fretting over it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote