AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 44 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 19.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-28, 17:29   Link #141
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for Novel 4:
Actually, it's because of the novel's Lone Island Syndrome... one of those "I'LL NEVER DRINK AGAIN" hangovers is pretty much what caused that.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 17:33   Link #142
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, it's because of the novel's Lone Island Syndrome... one of those "I'LL NEVER DRINK AGAIN" hangovers is pretty much what caused that.
Thanks for the info. A bit disappointing that it isn't something a bit more in-depth behind her decision... but, oh well.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 18:15   Link #143
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
This episode was complete win.... not even going to pick at the animation or art I was satisfied enough.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 18:40   Link #144
ReneeBurossamu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I actually think that this episode of Sighs has some better quality (in terms of plot) than most of the episodes. I've never laughed so much in one episode, and the discovery of Mikuru's LAZOR was really well done. Nagato also showed that she's capable of more than what everyone sees and her self-healing was pretty cool.

Just perfect 10. The solid art throughout was a plus.
ReneeBurossamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 18:44   Link #145
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
So how long until we see Mikuru get shopped with Shoop da whoop?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 19:08   Link #146
Dakota
disregard that (″-)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Oh yeah, anyone notice that Kyon actually visualized Haruhi in the waitress costume?

That's some slight non-visual fanservice, but I found it odd she knew right away. She observes Kyon's every move, and yet...

Spoiler for SIGHS III:


Mazui put a high quality out. Ain't bad.
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 19:08   Link #147
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere not near you.
Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Just saw the episode, couldn't tell which was more epic: Mikuru Beam or Nagato Rape?
__________________
Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 19:16   Link #148
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Light speed is hard to see. No the standard substandard beam weapons one normally seeing in sci-fi and mecha anime. Just a flash and target hit...ni visable "beam", just the point of impact.

Plus you can see the birds all taking off behind the reflector board. I wonder what else she hit.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 19:18   Link #149
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Oh yeah, anyone notice that Kyon actually visualized Haruhi in the waitress costume?

That's some slight non-visual fanservice, but I found it odd she knew right away. She observes Kyon's every move, and yet...

Spoiler for SIGHS III:
It's invisible.
Spoiler for beam:
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 19:18   Link #150
Dakota
disregard that (″-)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Plus you can see the birds all taking off behind the reflector board. I wonder what else she hit.
Probably another planet, maybe an airplane.
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 19:25   Link #151
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for Novel 4:
OF COURSE she'll drink again!
EVERYONE goes through this at least a few times... after you feel like crap from sh*t loads of drinks, you say to yourself "man, I'm never drinking again...ughh" then next week, what do you know?
But then this IS Haruhi, who is a million times more stubborn than everyone else...
__________________

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 19:31   Link #152
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
She could turn the wine into water I suppose....
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 20:09   Link #153
Fishfood1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Not Antarctica?
wow I love this episode, by far my fav in this season. definitely made up for some of what E8 did.
__________________

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 22:15   Link #154
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Ooh there are more beams? I thought Yuki's bite made her not able to fire them anymore?
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 22:21   Link #155
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
No more laser beams...anyway.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 22:34   Link #156
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post

Spoiler for Into baltakatei's imagination...:


Why do all my daydreams end up like that?
I don't like that scenario one bit, the ending I'd like to see is Kyon, and his kids around that heated table thing, (I forget the proper name for them) telling them "and that's how I met your mom and how we got together", as she enters the room bearing dinner.
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:17   Link #157
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I don't know... the thought that Kyon is completely insane and only imagines the three girls are there amuses me.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:32   Link #158
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I don't know... the thought that Kyon is completely insane and only imagines the three girls are there amuses me.
But Tsuruya has a life outside Kyon. In fact, she is THE anchor to prevent the "it's all a dream" theory to get out of hand. Tsuruya is an outside observer of SOS-dan, who really have no reason to be present if the world was someone's imagination.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:38   Link #159
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Kyon only knows Tsuruya because of Mikuru, and even then only because of the baseball game Haruhi signed them up for. If neither Haruhi nor Mikuru exists, then can you prove Tsuruya does? She has less proof of existence than Taniguchi or Kunikida, given the fact that he knew Kunikida from before high school and theoretically could have met Taniguchi through him.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:55   Link #160
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Kyon only knows Tsuruya because of Mikuru, and even then only because of the baseball game Haruhi signed them up for. If neither Haruhi nor Mikuru exists, then can you prove Tsuruya does? She has less proof of existence than Taniguchi or Kunikida, given the fact that he knew Kunikida from before high school and theoretically could have met Taniguchi through him.
The problem isn't "proof of existence" The problem is why she exists. Tsuruya disappears for weeks on end with no one knowing what she's up to. This character trait simply wouldn't exist if she was made up in someone's imagination; it doesn't serve a purpose in an imaginary world. In a dream, anything that isn't relevant simply doesn't have substance. But Tsuruya HAS substance, yet she is not a necessary aspect of SOS-dan. So if SOS-dan is someone's imagination, Tsuruya simply can't exist as she is.

Thus Tsuruya is not a dream. QED.^_^
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.