AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-12, 15:02   Link #2181
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Spoiler:
Things are sure complicated... though I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere in the episode
Old 2010-06-12, 15:16   Link #2182
tsunade666

that one maybe is an spoiler because I haven't heard of that part yet on episode 11. Even if I re watch it. But if that spoiler is right isn't it always the same result? Is bouchy utterly useless or rather maybe the Identity (or what ever you call keina) are tied on the same fate of the maou. Though it's kinda bad plot for me. But having the same results over and over again is kinda tiring. Plus his time traveling to the future where another maou and identity would be given birth.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 16:40   Link #2183
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Although it is implied that the Keenas are linked to love the Maou, do you think Akuto's declaration to take care of Junko means he favors her most? With all the Keena-centric moments that has happened, it's hard to tell if he's saving Keena out of love or simply dislikes the way the gods used her or whatever(the latter is obvious, but is it the only?)
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 16:44   Link #2184
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Maa... That works.
Unless for some reason, they made the mistake there and this eyecatch was correct... which probably isn't the case (or they'd be pretty lazy) Hahaha
Still not fully conviced, huh?

I actually came across more, hum, evidence in the manga earlier.

Spoiler for manga:

I'm not sure if it's more faithful to the novels or not, but the manga is very fun, thanks to the slower pace. I think I'll end up enjoying it more than the anime, although other people may dislike the heavier fanservice. The art is also very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Uh... redhead Keena is Sai's... girl (ahaha bite me), and the blonde Keena is Bouchizo's girl. In short(bite me again): Bouchirou had a wife(ha!), who left him for a guy called the Maou. He got mad, you won't like him when he's angry, yadda yadda Yoda and so he decides to wage war against anyone deemed a Maou. Apparently to do so he'll need to travel through time saving Keena look-alikes from a Maou. Did that make sense?

--Uhm... what else is there... uh, mark your calendars for June 18?
Eh, hilarious new avatar!

Yeah, I think that's more or less what is up with Bouchi, but I'm still puzzled by the whole time travel aspect. If he can time travel, then why not try to go back in time (or forward if he's from the future-- this is confusing) to save his beloved blond Keena? And you know, this whole thing about Akuto and Keena somehow being "reincarnated" and falling in love all the time reminds me of Xenogears. Bouchi = Grahf? He even grants power to Heroshi!

... I think it's just my Xenogears fanboyism speaking.

-- My calendar is already marked but for another reason, fufu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
There's gonna be a Queen's Gate book for Junko?
I didn't even realize that's what it was when I posted it lol, but yep.
Old 2010-06-12, 16:48   Link #2185
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
do you think Akuto's declaration to take care of Junko means he favors her most?
I wonder what he actually said in japanese. Maybe it was something along the lines of "I'll pay more attention to you from now on" instead? Well, it might be simple denial seeing as I'm totally in favor of Keena. ^^

I am having quite a hard time figuring out who is gonna end up with him anyway, which so far has only happened once with Shuffle. It doesn't help that Keena is strangely absent for most of the opening (especially the last shot) but completely dominates the ending.

Based on the events so far and my usual feeling I'm still sure Keena is winning but Junko comes dangerously and unusually close.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 17:36   Link #2186
mangatron
Gyanko <3

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
The flow is established by one person, so you're reading a bit too much into it. Cliffhanger and absurd pace? That was because of the series editor, who wrote Ep. 1-5. While different writers bring different styles and proficiencies to the table (i.e. the words and details for a particular scene), they're simply writing on behalf of the series editor, who sets the template to follow, produces all episode outlines, and is ultimately accountable for the finished scripts.
I'm sure you've seen what a screenplay looks like, right? And the fact that one can change it as much as they want while still maintaining the order. I have no idea how they went about things in this series, but there's something of a novel going on where it was all taken from. The hard(easy) part this staff had to do with it was fitting it in 12 episodes. I don't think it's a coincidence that the pacing of eps 1-5 are different than 9-11. By simply being worked on by another person the slightest change means a lot.

Quote:
Anyway, the series editor also gets to choose what he wants to write and what he offloads to others. In this case, perhaps Yoshioka simply wanted to write the more relaxed bits (intro arc, finale?), while assigning the more unpleasant, difficult tasks (i.e. squeezing all the core material in the second half into a scant few episodes) to a co-writer?
Having written the script doesn't always dictate who appears when and who says what, etc. Many different people worked on each episode, and while those may simply be on an assistance level, a screenplay is where each character line, and description of an event, is laid out for the entire staff (cast, animators etc) to follow. Wait, what am I saying... why am I even talking about something that's not the anime. I know about theorizing an episode but theorizing how that episode came about? Not my department

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Eh, hilarious new avatar!
with only about one more ep to go, I figured might as well go with the times. Then when the new season comes around I may end up with a Amagami avvie or something...

Ok I couldn't even stop myself from laughing at my decision to add the bars

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's more or less what is up with Bouchi, but I'm still puzzled by the whole time travel aspect. If he can time travel, then why not try to go back in time (or forward if he's from the future-- this is confusing) to save his beloved blond Keena? And you know, this whole thing about Akuto and Keena somehow being "reincarnated" and falling in love all the time reminds me of Xenogears. Bouchi = Grahf? He even grants power to Heroshi!
I swear I thought I asked that exact same question previously. Why did he have to go around the place failing again and again? Why not just save his own [time]? The dove. Am I supposed to believe all the Laws had that too? That's a lot of Keena's but what I'm getting at, is for this to happen to him many times already, waaaiiit a minute... is this his most criminal one yet? He's going after a high school girl! what happens if the Law was a middle schooler? A baby? Oh my.... (we know for a fact that 1 Law was an adult, and another was a teen, so the ages can be different)

Pfft granny Law Oohhh... I just ruined everything Anyways, the thought I had was, it looked like his blond Keena went through some time vortex, and he's going about the place looking for her. But he never said it like that, right? At least that makes a bit more sense...

I wonder if that short scene of some hourglass looking thing was actually the God network...

It's a wonderful view.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 23:47   Link #2187
Wrath88
Kissing...

Lol, Queen's Gate for Junko, kind of apt.

I'd rep you for that pic Kanon, but I guess I still need to spread out some more first.
Old 2010-06-13, 00:30   Link #2188
mangatron
Gyanko <3

phone post

Eh, I didn't notice that at first, but is that Junko book like the Queens Blade HJ Airi book? Wow... Though that Airi one is still my fav.

So uh.... I've still been going through it in my head, but am I the only one to notice the weird timing of the headmaster in ep 11? (under the Black Crane, outside of it, then back under) I still say he helped Sai lift it.

It's a wonderful view.
My avatars & signatures
-PAIZYURI!
XD
Old 2010-06-13, 01:15   Link #2189
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Still not fully conviced, huh?

I actually came across more, hum, evidence in the manga earlier.

Spoiler for manga:
Un, OK. I see, then.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 01:19   Link #2190
tsunade666

But that principal is just clinging to Sai while Sai lifting the war ship with one hand. To me it's more like he rescue the principal before he lifts that thing. But then again Sai thanks for the help of the principal but what help? is it the help on the episode before when he gets peterhausen?
Old 2010-06-13, 02:40   Link #2191
mangatron
Gyanko <3

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But that principal is just clinging to Sai while Sai lifting the war ship with one hand. To me it's more like he rescue the principal before he lifts that thing. But then again Sai thanks for the help of the principal but what help? is it the help on the episode before when he gets peterhausen?
Remember that the Headmaster was outside after the ship crashed, grasping his right shoulder well throughout the ep. What I'm alluding to, is that he was in no need of saving since, well, he was AFK

Sai thanked the headmaster for stopping the ship before it made Sai and Peter sidewalk stroganoff, to which Headmaster says it was all Peter...

heh

It's a wonderful view.
My avatars & signatures
-PAIZYURI!
XD
Old 2010-06-13, 04:25   Link #2192
tsunade666

I forgot about that part. But it's more like he slow it down only because it still hits the ground. Now I wonder what Peter did do while the are under the rubles.
Old 2010-06-13, 04:41   Link #2193
mangatron
Gyanko <3

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I forgot about that part. But it's more like he slow it down only because it still hits the ground. Now I wonder what Peter did do while the are under the rubles.
Actually I was joking about him stopping the ship from making them into pancakes, but yeah he apparently slowed it down.

But you know, he then... leaves. And what? It squashed them? he has that little talk with Bouchirou, shares a few words with Hiroshi, and then... goes back under the Black Crane?

Maybe that's why he said it was Peter, holding the ship up while the Headmaster takes 5.

It's a wonderful view.
My avatars & signatures
-PAIZYURI!
XD
Old 2010-06-13, 05:08   Link #2194
eiyuu99

Wonder what Akuto actually meant by his words to Junko and how that will end up.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 05:41   Link #2195
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I swear I thought I asked that exact same question previously. Why did he have to go around the place failing again and again? Why not just save his own [time]? The dove. Am I supposed to believe all the Laws had that too? That's a lot of Keena's but what I'm getting at, is for this to happen to him many times already, waaaiiit a minute... is this his most criminal one yet? He's going after a high school girl! what happens if the Law was a middle schooler? A baby? Oh my.... (we know for a fact that 1 Law was an adult, and another was a teen, so the ages can be different)

Pfft granny Law Oohhh... I just ruined everything Anyways, the thought I had was, it looked like his blond Keena went through some time vortex, and he's going about the place looking for her. But he never said it like that, right? At least that makes a bit more sense...

I wonder if that short scene of some hourglass looking thing was actually the God network...
Seriously, it's hard for this to make sense. I love time travel, but it's always handled so badly in most fictions that things always become overly convoluted when dealing with it. We don't even have the slightest idea about its specifications here. Are there limitations? Can the past be changed or is the timeline completely fixed, taking time travelers into account? (the kind of time travel that makes the most sense for me) In that case, it would mean that no matter what Bouchi does in the past or the present (the past for him), things will never change.

Geez, I could have done without this. The saddest thing is, I'm sure we're not even going to get an explanation about it. There's not enough time left. This anime really should have been 24 episodes... oh well, maybe we'll learn more in a probable second season.

Blond Keena went through a time vortex? In that case, can't Bouchi just go back in time a few hours/days and take her with him instead? There has to be some sort of limitations... Another thing: why can't he use the Brave suit himself? He's the one who created it.

And about all the Keena incarnations, eh, what? You sure come up with some crazy things
They are all born as normal humans, and I'm guessing they awaken as the law when they reach a certain age. It's the same for Akuto and the other Demon Lords. But hey, maybe he really did go after when she was a middle schooler in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Un, OK. I see, then.
My work here is done.
Old 2010-06-13, 05:44   Link #2196
Lady Orihime

Quote:
--Hmm, remember when I showed everyone that time when the main site locked the images for Yuri/Yuuko and Bouchizo? Well, they unlocked them now. Remember folks, you saw it here first
Hmmm...now that you've posted that, I have to ask: why does only Keena have the cross on her uniform? The accessories the other girls wear are just that: accessories (hat, cape, undershirt, etc.)....but Keena has a cross sewn onto hers Part of her church upbringing?
Lady Orihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 06:31   Link #2197
tsunade666

maybe own preference? because they all had their own designs for the uniform. Beside the standards one or rather the common.

Bouchy doesn't need brave suit if he can severe dimensions. Even a maou is not much for it. Just like when he cuts Sai's arm and sai's injuries are hard to heal with mana.

btw is he really a time traveler?
Old 2010-06-13, 06:48   Link #2198
mangatron
Gyanko <3

phone post

Quote:
Seriously, it's hard for this to make sense. I love time travel, but it's always handled so badly in most fictions that things always become overly convoluted when dealing with it.
I like to talk about time travel too, (one of my favorite movies is Sound of Thunder) but I have to say this series dealt with it poorly. I guess its only saving grace is, as long as they [don't] go into details they just might get away with it.

Quote:
Blond Keena went through a time vortex? In that case, can't Bouchi just go back in time a few hours/days and take her with him instead? There has to be some sort of limitations... Another thing: why can't he use the Brave suit himself? He's the one who created it.
I think the questions about this series amuses me more than the answers I know I'll never get.

It's almost like Bouchirou created the baddest gun in the universe, and then says "so who wants to use it?" like, maybe it's true he can't take on a Maou alone(makes ya wonder why he failed all these years... incompetent Braves?), but with D-13, it sure would have made things a hell of a lot easier, right?

Quote:
And about all the Keena incarnations, eh, what? You sure come up with some crazy things
It's no surprise right? Look, I'm the guy that just put his girl in jail.

Quote:
They are all born as normal humans, and I'm guessing they awaken as the law when they reach a certain age. It's the same for Akuto and the other Demon Lords. But hey, maybe he really did go after when she was a middle schooler in the past
Well the key thing here is that an adult blond Keena eloped with the Maou, since I believe that when they reach the Age of Law is when they'll be used to eat some gods, or, well, I think it's too cruel to Bouchizo for blond Keena to be two-timing him for several years

So I don't think there's a "16 yr old Only" rule to Law Girls, since... blond Keena was clearly an adult, and... for her to get it on with a Maou several years after a supposed 16 yr old rule would be... unscientific

Then there's the dove. I just now fried my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
Hmmm...now that you've posted that, I have to ask: why does only Keena have the cross on her uniform? The accessories the other girls wear are just that: accessories (hat, cape, undershirt, etc.)....but Keena has a cross sewn onto hers Part of her church upbringing?
There was this funny talk earlier on that Keena is probably an agent from the church

But really, it's never been explained. all these weeks and the best I can come up with...is that the headmaster probably knew this, and made her a special girl, complete with freedom to skip classes, ilegally ingest rice, as well as run around naked... yeah, probably makes more sense when I bring back that early question I had about why she's apparently afraid of the headmaster.

tsunade is probably right, maybe it's a personal preference. But that no longer becomes a school uniform, right? I believe there are other aspects of her uniform that is different than the rest of the 4 girls (who share the same, with either omissions or additions, but not entirely different)

It's a wonderful view.
My avatars & signatures
-PAIZYURI!
XD
Old 2010-06-13, 13:23   Link #2199
tsunade666

well look at Sai. They love to show his body for a couple of episodes already. But for long as I remember in the opening show he had those bad arse coat. What happen to the coat? if I remember it right. That coat is a present from his step father. But it mysteriously disappear or rather his not using it anymore. I prefer the coat though than seeing his naked abs body all the time.

if it's just uniform their is fujiko with always wearing cape. And the student council being a student council had their own preference of clothes.

I could only think of personal preference or the uniform signifies their type class or character class or how to put it their job? or their clan or beliefs. If I just look at the ordinary students. They are mostly the same.

The cimo8 group too is suspicious for me. Specially the puppeteer that escapes. I know bouchy had a place among the higher rank but they had plenty of freedom to do what they like. Bouchy included on it.

adult version keina and young version keina. When the young version keina their goes bouchy trying to take her away. While the blonde girl or rather the adult one that elope with the maou is never been heard of again. It's either that even if he goes back on time the results is always the same that the blonde keina still goes to the maou and they go wrap out of their own while leaving bouchy. So bouchy being emo tried to travel to time. And rescue every keina he encounter but ended up always the same results (kinda lame)

wrapping it all out like that is kinda lame for me........ I'm starting to hate daimaou. Though I still love it despite me ignoring the development while watching it. It just too much plot holes and messed up story telling that it's not too much enjoyable like it used to be.
Old 2010-06-13, 13:36   Link #2200
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

I really thought they did a much better job pacing this episode. I didn't feel like all the fight scenes were what a camera sees on a roller-coaster and sped-up.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen