AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 13:47   Link #221
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Sphere has a real winner with this OP. Best of the season so far, as an OP: really gets you going for the show, like "Only My Railgun" did. I notice that the song is written by Kurosu Katsuhiko, a Lantis guy who wrote "Love Gun" and "Monstar" for Hirano Aya.

Enjoyed ep2. Even just listening to Itou Shizuka and Yuuki Aoi was enough. I read on 2channel that the author went to the recording session for this episode and tweeted that young Ao-chan had some sexy lines to say and just couldn't get them right until she got some help from Takahashi Chiaki (who plays the teacher, has done ero-games, and is known as a party animal). Although I'm not sure I can identify the lines in the episode....

Some creative -- and some not so creative -- fanservice that will make this show memorable. And a plot that makes an appropriate amount of progress.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 14:02   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Obvious best part of this weeks episode is brocon Itou Shizuka.

Korone brings some great laughs to the table as well.
Old 2010-04-09, 15:28   Link #223
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Wonderful. I'm 100% certain by now that we have a winner on our hands. The characters are likable, there's enough laughs to go round, and the male lead isn't passive-worthless, but rather reasonable and active. This episode felt extremely short, and I'd love to just continue with ep3.

Normally, deadpan characters bore or even annoy me, but Korone has just enough spunk in her to make things worthwhile. Soga Keena is going to delight DragoonKain3, but so far, I think she's my least favorite character - nevertheless, she didn't annoy me, so that's a passing grade aswell. I really like the Hattori template to begin with, both in spirit and in looks. But naturally, Shizu-sama as brocon Etou Fujiko-senpai took the cake. This role as janus-faced honor student/seductress schemer is absolutely perfect for her. I have to admit to an embarrassing fanboy-fetish though - I believe that she could read the Hamburg phone book to me for a few hours, and I wouldn't get bored

On with it! What a nice surprise in the spring season!

(Oh, and I fully agree with Kaoru Chujo - the OP is the best piece I've heard in spring 2010 so far)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:40   Link #224
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Wonderful. I'm 100% certain by now that we have a winner on our hands. The characters are likable, there's enough laughs to go round, and the male lead isn't passive-worthless, but rather reasonable and active. This episode felt extremely short, and I'd love to just continue with ep3.

Normally, deadpan characters bore or even annoy me, but Korone has just enough spunk in her to make things worthwhile. Soga Keena is going to delight DragoonKain3, but so far, I think she's my least favorite character - nevertheless, she didn't annoy me, so that's a passing grade aswell. I really like the Hattori template to begin with, both in spirit and in looks. But naturally, Shizu-sama as brocon Etou Fujiko-senpai took the cake. This role as janus-faced honor student/seductress schemer is absolutely perfect for her. I have to admit to an embarrassing fanboy-fetish though - I believe that she could read the Hamburg phone book to me for a few hours, and I wouldn't get bored

On with it! What a nice surprise in the spring season!

(Oh, and I fully agree with Kaoru Chujo - the OP is the best piece I've heard in spring 2010 so far)
Best op agreed (unless Angel Beats op can top it, which is unlikely)

damn Sai, USE the Sugisaki inside you! (He would be bawling with joy to have a girl in his bed!)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:42   Link #225
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:56   Link #226
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Aahhh... I think it's obvious that Fujiko (or Purple, as you call her) plays the same kind of role which Shizuku played in Kämpfer: Temporary antagonist that is quickly won over and becomes a major asset to the lead. If you really remain untouched by her personality, you're welcome to worship Korone

(We are agreed about Hattori though - I'm absolutely looking forward to more of her in ep3. I did miss her)
Old 2010-04-09, 16:25   Link #227
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Aahhh... I think it's obvious that Fujiko (or Purple, as you call her) plays the same kind of role which Shizuku played in Kämpfer: Temporary antagonist that is quickly won over and becomes a major asset to the lead. If you really remain untouched by her personality, you're welcome to worship Korone

(We are agreed about Hattori though - I'm absolutely looking forward to more of her in ep3. I did miss her)
i am waiting for her to become the demon kings plaything with all the appropriate training
Old 2010-04-09, 16:49   Link #228
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am waiting for her to become the demon kings plaything with all the appropriate training
U mean the her other soul (same voice) counterpart in Qwaser (Hana)? She can learn a bit there. xD

Old 2010-04-09, 16:56   Link #229
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Its so... rushed? Really its like their changing things left and right to squeeze more into each episode. Either that or trying to save on the animation budget. Well it still preserves a lot of the plot (in one form or another) so its fine I guess.
Old 2010-04-09, 17:42   Link #230
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Seriously, when I first saw this anime, my expectations for it is just a turn-your-brain-off ecchi harem comedy in a fantasy setting without much hope for plot or depth, but this series is the one that exceeded my expectations the most this season. I also agree with most of you, the OP is the best out of all the anime I heard so far this season. Not so much the Ending, but it's still funny to look at the different way the girls approach, flirt and kisses Akuto. Some thoughts about the episode:

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Seriously can't wait for the next episode, so many things to explain about the world, the character's secret backgrounds and motivations, and the blond loli president is yet to be introduced. One thing I really dislike is the black matter all over the place though...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:00   Link #231
bigdeath

Does anyone have a picture that list the names of the characters with their faces so I can learn who who in this anime?
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:04   Link #232
Midonin
Last Engage

You're already in the thread that has it, and there's an inter-thread search function.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:06   Link #233
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
You're already in the thread that has it, and there's an inter-thread search function.
Oh yea, I'm sure someone made a pic with the VA. What should I search for though. LOL.

Edit: I'll remember to search for Kaoru Chujo posts. Thanks.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:07   Link #234
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Does anyone have a picture that list the names of the characters with their faces so I can learn who who in this anime?
Kaoru Chujo made a very nice one here
Old 2010-04-09, 18:25   Link #235
Lummie

I'm surprised that Keena received so much screentime in the ED while she is the most boring one out of all the girls when you compare her to Hattori, Fujiko and Corone.

As for the episode: Had some great laughs, loved the stalking (lol at the elephants) and the fact that Fujiko acts around the other students like Shizuku from Kampfer.

Looking forward already to the next episode.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:53   Link #236
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...the Purple...
For some reason, every time I see those words it always reminds me of A Bridge Too Far

Anyways, wow, the censoring is all over the place. Not bothered by it, since I always get a laugh when I see it it makes me say "time to buy the DVD" but rather, I'm wondering, just what exactly is the prerequisite for censor in this series? Obviously it's not pantsu, evident that there's even changing scenes, certainly not full on nudity else Soga-chan be a glowing human light, so.... aha, it must be camera control! Apparently close up butt shots earn the shadow realm, and incidents like the elephants are normal to joke-censor, so yeah. That will explain why distanced panchira is ok

And I just had a deja vu when seeing Sai's room, looks a helluva lot like the rooms in US Army Lodging >__>

Ahem, I then started to wonder, current pacing puts this series in a 2 stories mode, a setup story and it's concluding story. Since dead head Fred shows up so early, yeah it's safe to say that. Fujiko makes her plans aware so early on too so that puts her out of the conclusion with this type of setting. By the way, Soga-chan this episode is certainly not an airhead, but what's the deal with her and the headmaster, something's going on there.

Well, whatever the case, hopefully its content will be able to stand on it's own, it's apparent they're not taking lines from the manga and it certainly looks like taking from the novel is not in the usual order, and with the way the ED goes it's certainly looking like a harem. Difference being... the VA for Sai does a good job with those comebacks

Korone, your medic pack gun (oxymoron! ) is defective. Subject Hattori Junko still has scratches on her back. Unless that came from after the incident And Sai, PETA's got your number

Closing note to monir and Xellos-_^:

There's no loli in this episode!!! VICTORY IS MINE!!! Whahahahahahhahahahahahha

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 19:03   Link #237
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well, whatever the case, hopefully its content will be able to stand on it's own, it's apparent they're not taking lines from the manga and it certainly looks like taking from the novel is not in the usual order, and with the way the ED goes it's certainly looking like a harem. Difference being... the VA for Sai does a good job with those comebacks
Oh my... Suddenly I realized Akuto is probably a descendant of Sugisaki and Chizuru.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 19:11   Link #238
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh my... Suddenly I realized Akuto is probably a descendant of Sugisaki and Chizuru.

who expose Chizuru as the Demon Lord?
Old 2010-04-09, 19:40   Link #239
blitz1/2

Quote:
Well the hair matches...But unlike his "parents", he's aiming to be a priest/a good man (but then, so is Sugisaki as HAREM master). He must awaken the Sugisaki genes in him, like the father before Sai.

Old 2010-04-09, 21:13   Link #240
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Ha, next everybody will expect Sai to use his latent mind control powers. You know it's "working" on Korone already

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen