AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-07, 04:21   Link #1021
FateAnomaly

Keina is not his childhood friend. She is more like a childhood acquaintance.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 05:15   Link #1022
tsunade666

Right that's right but the anime haven't elaborate it yet. And it will be a spoiler to tell that. That's why I want a sub group thread for Dai Maou already. Because that part is the part for vol 1 and by now in episode 5. They already finish vol 2 but they didn't explain the relationship of Keina and Sai.

To be more exact I already said before but in spoiler tag because it will be a spoiler.

I will put in in spoiler again because I don't want to be warned on it.
Spoiler for keina:

They aren't really friends or if you count that as friend already then, yes she could be a childhood friend. Well only your childhood friend is where you will promise with for the futures sake.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 06:05   Link #1023
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Bah. I'm already this close ---> <---- to calling 'all in' for Soga, shipping wise. Only thing that's really stopping me is that this is a harem show, aired for only 1 cour, with its source ongoing. Which means, by the end of anime, you will almost definitely get the typical harem end. No, not a 'harem end' (where he gets 'married' to every LI), but the 'typical harem end' (where there is no winner), just to be precise.
With this series it's sure to look like that, I can't really remember an anime with ongoing source material go conclusive with a winner. With this series I believe we can't go Shipping without the Handling (handling as in they never really worked a relationship) The only recent harem anime I know that was settled from the start was Seto no Hanayome (ok maybe not so recent with my 3 yr anime drought) But really, it's manga description alone spoiled who he ends up with

Quote:
But if I was guaranteed that we'll get a definite ending by the end of anime series? Yeah, I think Soga pretty much won it because...

-childhood friend (heavily favoured in Japanese stories)

-dove playing a huge part in the plot

-most mysterious past of any of the girls, and one that's tied to Akuto

-her VA gets first billing before the other female leads

-big prominence in LN covers

...or at the very least, she gets the title of 'head wife' among the 'harem end' lol.

Of course, nothing of the above means that Soga will aboslutely 'win', but everything I can think of to put myself down is pointing towards the other direction.
The funny part is the only recollection Sai has starts with the dove, which he remembers more than her. If I was him, I'd have gone "Whoa. She has a dove I used to have. I remember giving it to a girl before. What was her name... oh yeah, we kissed before. We had meals together. Bathed together, etc.."

Ok I honestly admit I'm more concerned with what went on between him and the girl of his past. I mean really, she was crying. A girl just don't cry for nothing

But with your above points alone, maybe it's already been decided from the start...

Quote:
Yeah, and that's why I rarely bother reading your walls of text; by the time I'm finished reading one, you've already posted yet another. And at that rate, I'd never finish reading the thread, let alone reply to each and everyone of your posts.

At least you ain't nearly as bad as a certain other poster in a certain other thread, nor not nearly as depressing as he was back then...
The reason why I find my numbers so horrific is because about 80 to 90 of these posts were done on my phone. I need to remember to include a phone tag to each of my posts for my consumer usage research.

You probably wouldn't have survived my onslaught GameFaqs had to go through. My walls of text were so massive, Gfaqs had a post character limit of 4096, easily requiring me to split a single post into 3 separate ones

But they probably don't count because it was mostly FAQ related so they had to be walled

Posted via phone

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 07:08   Link #1024
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

...or at the very least, she gets the title of 'head wife' among the 'harem end' lol.

Nuh-uh. Fujiko gets that title; besides, Keena already calls her Fujiko nee-sama.

It's no longer 'Etou sempai', Junko-chan, it's 'Fujiko nee-sama'.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 11:23   Link #1025
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Nuh-uh. Fujiko gets that title; besides, Keena already calls her Fujiko nee-sama.

It's no longer 'Etou sempai', Junko-chan, it's 'Fujiko nee-sama'.
I am suspecting that Lily probably have a say about that. Lily is Student president not Fujiko and I suspect that Lily is actually scarier then Fujiko.
Old 2010-05-07, 13:10   Link #1026
tsunade666

Lily is sure win scarier than Fujiko.

Though episode 6 is out! and no one disturbs for I'm downloading it now so damn ISP provider give mo more SPEED!!!
Old 2010-05-07, 13:25   Link #1027
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Daimaou 06 - The Second Task and the Giant Squid:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 13:32   Link #1028
bran206

this is the best ep so far what i really lyked was
Spoiler for ep 6:
bran206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 13:49   Link #1029
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Spoiler for ep6:
I think Yuuki Aoi is becoming a godly seiyuu, at least technically, and even her emotion is good. She and her directors love the tours de force, as she shifts her voice all over the place.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-05-07 at 14:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 14:27   Link #1030
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The sea cucumber scene was priceless. I was expecting Junko to yell out, "I am soiled.." or "I am ruined for marriage!" xD

And as for Akuto, he was completely channeling his Sugisaki side when he remarked on Keena as a body of a kid Kurimu

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 14:39   Link #1031
tsunade666

Head Bang! Head Bang!
What the heck I completely forgotten the legendary slimy stuffs! I remember the lotion but not the slimy tentacle type plot device.
Grrrrrr
Ishiban Ushiro no Dai Maou just keeps on exceeding my expectations every single episodes.
Spoiler for EP 6:

No Eiko-tan in swimsuits………………
Old 2010-05-07, 14:42   Link #1032
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
I think Yuuki Aoi is becoming a godly seiyuu, at least technically, and even her emotion is good. She and her directors love the tours de force, as she shifts her voice all over the place.
I fully agree, I'm not usually good in listening to seiyuus but even I can't miss her amazing display in the first half of this episode. The shifts from the wide spectrum of seductiveness, to the usual emotionless tone, and then sadness, loneliness and longing is nothing short of impressive. For the episode itself:

Spoiler for Ep 6:
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 14:45   Link #1033
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
It's starting to look like Peterhausen is getting the girls instead of Sai

Now first things first, they pulled a story on us for a majority of this ep (or maybe a perfect half), and I'm half pleased and half disappointed to conclude that with this ep, it's safe to say I was right, Korone was in league with Lily. School wanting to protect Sai, Fujiko waiting her punishment, ha! But what do you know... NO EIKO! BLASPHEMOUS LUNACY!

I think what Fujiko was wearing during the scene with Peter could count as her swimsuit. Speaking of which, I was right in calling Keina/Keena/somebodygivemethecorrctspelling: she wore a Cute Top, which is short for a Cute Tank-top.Niiiice.

And yeah they are going the route of Sai's past with Keina. Would you look at that I'm getting my wish Wait, what do you mean she was destined to meet him?

Last but not least finally Korone filed a report. Was starting to think she was playing the little sister character.

Ok really last but not least, they also pulled what I predicted they would: a cliffhanger. No episode can stand on it's own, it seems. Viewers who watch it after its broadcast run have it easy, we current season viewers have to wait a week

My avatars & signatures

XD
Old 2010-05-07, 14:47   Link #1034
tsunade666

No the cliffhanger at the end is really a killer and it's hard to wait for a week for it. It would probably be good if its an ordinary cliffhanger but it's really a killing one.

And by the episode it shows who's really leading but this episode also makes me root for more korone.
Old 2010-05-07, 14:58   Link #1035
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
No the cliffhanger at the end is really a killer and it's hard to wait for a week for it. It would probably be good if its an ordinary cliffhanger but it's really a killing one.
It really is a killer. Before, this series was a must watch, now it's a cannot-wait-to-watch

So I had this funny thought. Who else thinks Hiroshi gone and done something bad? Always pulling the "Because your strong, Aniki!" line, not wanting to be weak... yeah, I can accept that. Eiko one of the good guys and Hiroshi a baddie

Now I can see him pulling a gun just to gain some strength

My avatars & signatures

XD
Old 2010-05-07, 15:00   Link #1036
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Kaoru Chujo pretty much summed it up nicely

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-07, 15:03   Link #1037
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
It really is a killer. Before this series became a must watch, now it's a cannot-wait-to-watch

So I had this funny thought. Who else thinks Hiroshi gone and done something bad? Always pulling the "Because your strong, Aniki!" line, not wanting to be weak... yeah, I can accept that. Eiko one of the good guys and Hiroshi a baddie

Now I can see him pulling a gun just to gain some strength
Yeah, I can see it happening too. What begins as admiration for Akuto's strength turns to envy, and in order to become strong to prove his self-worth, maybe he do something like 'a deal with the devil' or power corrupts, and he becomes somewhat evil.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 15:16   Link #1038
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I am suspecting that Lily probably have a say about that. Lily is Student president not Fujiko and I suspect that Lily is actually scarier then Fujiko.
Yeah, Lily would probably win in a fight.
Old 2010-05-07, 15:22   Link #1039
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Oh yeah, Keena
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-07, 15:26   Link #1040
tsunade666

Now, now don't turn hiroshi into a bad guy already. Because I can't picture him tunring into one. Can you? I mean look at his face.... well their are tons of events that it turn into envy and hate but I think hiroshi is a fine guy though I would be surprise if his the one who fired at Korone.

It's a possiblity that he might joine the anti-magic organizations or his just to scared and feel weak because Sai is just strong and Hiroshi is the type to get bullied. Maybe he looks up to Sai because of his strength and way of thinking like in the first episode when Sai make a speech that he decide on his own future.

Someone who thinks that he can change his own destiny, I bet wouldn't turn bad or maybe he will but he will come back.

Now on to the betting side who will be come "THE HERO"!!!!

everyone is agaisnt Hiroshi or rather the previews post thinks so I will bet on Hiroshi as "THE HERO"

And other than Hiroshi, I picture Korone turning into one. Abandoning those government jerks and just follow her emotions and Sai. She will become a great asset and will become the hero that will side with the demon lord

Though Junko is a prospect but ........ nah! too much justice already. And Keina wouldn't become one because she still lots to hide. I mean this episode she also hides the fact about the warning on Liladan.

So it's either Korone for me or Hiroshi. Hiroshi needs power up if he wants to become number 1 subordinate of Sai.

EDIT:

btw about the wine? is rice can be turn into rice wine?

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen