AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-28, 23:37   Link #1
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
Mmropg

I'm looking for a mmorpg to play... already played d2, wow, lineage, ragnarok and mu.... anything else popular with good graphics will do =D

And it should run smoothly on a amd 3000+, 1 gb ram, nV GF 7300 gt

Thanks
__________________
incube is offline  
Old 2009-08-29, 11:22   Link #2
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35306

Because it's so hard to use goddamnit search huh.. ?
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline  
Old 2009-08-29, 12:54   Link #3
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
Well i was hoping to get some suggestions based on the games i played... but i guess ill have to check every single suggestion on that link... thanks =(
__________________
incube is offline  
Old 2009-08-29, 14:59   Link #4
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
I have very few suggestions:

Maple Story

Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline  
Old 2009-08-29, 15:47   Link #5
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well you see, here's your problem.

You want : Good graphics.

You have : amd 3000+, 1 gb ram, nV GF 7300 gt

You can't have good graphics with that kind of PC. But then again, it really depends what you consider as '' good ''. In my opinion, good = Atlantica Online. Awesome = Aion.

With that said, check out both. Though you won't be able to run Aion on very high. There's OB starting in few days too btw, and you can get keys from fileplanet. AtlanticaOnline is free.

@ Shadowkira. Suggesting Maple story is epic fail. That doesn't match anything he played, plus if he really wanted 2Dish game, he should instead try LaTale or Dragonica.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline  
Old 2009-08-29, 17:17   Link #6
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well you see, here's your problem.

You want : Good graphics.

You have : amd 3000+, 1 gb ram, nV GF 7300 gt

You can't have good graphics with that kind of PC. But then again, it really depends what you consider as '' good ''. In my opinion, good = Atlantica Online. Awesome = Aion.

With that said, check out both. Though you won't be able to run Aion on very high. There's OB starting in few days too btw, and you can get keys from fileplanet. AtlanticaOnline is free.

@ Shadowkira. Suggesting Maple story is epic fail. That doesn't match anything he played, plus if he really wanted 2Dish game, he should instead try LaTale or Dragonica.

Well to me good graphics for a mmorpg is wow or lineage.... nothing of another world xD I mean i've been playing Ragnarok for almost 5 years and previously played diablo 2 so im not that high end gamer...

And i think im gona try Atlantica online.... just read the game features / synopsis and it seems interesting, specially the party were you can control town or even kingdoms =D i'll need to watch couple of series to free those 20 gb of space though xD
__________________
incube is offline  
Old 2009-08-29, 17:23   Link #7
qwertyuiopz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
knights online
qwertyuiopz is offline  
Old 2009-08-29, 18:04   Link #8
Telmah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio, United States
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Warhammer has decent graphics, abit cartoony, but its got alot of neat PvP features. A bunch of different battle grounds, pvp levels, and a push towards world pvp.

Everquest II is an interesting game--it has really solid graphics, but what sold me where the features. First, you get stat slots and appearance slots...so you don't have to choose between form and function for how your character looks. While I played it briefly, I couldn't tell a 30ish character from a character at max level--everyone was unique--plus alot of interesting races including things like faeries, which you don't see very often as a choice. They also have mentoring...it lets you lower your level to group with lower level people...that's a pretty darn nice feature--you also can get alternate experience while you do so--you keep your abilities but they scale downward. Finally, they have player housing--there's an entire profession devoted to making rugs, chairs, boxes, torture devices, paintings, stools, and the like. Actually the trade skill system is a mini game and pretty interactive too--how well you do can influence your finished product.
__________________
Telmah is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 13:48   Link #9
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Awesome = Aion.
a question about Aion D:
I was looking around on their website, do you have to purchase that game first and then pay per month like WoW ?
-KarumA- is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 14:10   Link #10
Saleh
Inactive
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post

And i think im gona try Atlantica online.... just read the game features / synopsis and it seems interesting, specially the party were you can control town or even kingdoms =D i'll need to watch couple of series to free those 20 gb of space though xD
While Atlantica online doesn't have state of the art graphics like Aion, it has a very friendly community for a f2p mmo.

@Kuruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aion Pricing Information
Aion Prepurchase - available for $49.99*
Aion Collector's Edition Prepurchase - available for $59.99*


For more information on what these prepurchases provide, please see the following articles:
Aion Prepurchase Features and Bonuses
Aion Collector's Edition Prepurchase Features and Bonuses


The boxed versions of Aion are not available in stores yet, but the Aion Limited Collector's Edition boxed version will sell at an anticipated price of $69.99, and the Standard Edition boxed version will sell at an anticipated price of $49.99. For more information regarding pre-ordering these boxed versions, please see http://www.aiononline.com/us/preorder/


Activation with a valid credit/debit card, prepaid game time card, or PayPalŪ is required.


Players who wish to use a credit card will be able to choose from the following recurring billing options*:

$14.99 per month
3 months - $39.99 (the equivalent of $13.33 per month)
6 months - $75.99 (the equivalent of $12.66 per month)
12 months - $139.99 (the equivalent of $11.66 per month)


(Example: Your credit card will be billed for $75.99 in one lump payment if you choose the 6-month plan. The $12.66 simply shows the average monthly rate - it is not the amount you will be billed.)


Billing will begin after the included game time that comes with your purchase has expired, which begins the day the game is launched.


Players who do not wish to use a credit/debit card can use game time cards, which are available at many North American retailers. City of Heroes, City of Villains, Lineage II and generic PlayNC/NCsoft Game Time Cards can be used for Aion game accounts.


Players who wish to activate the account using PayPalŪ will be able to choose from the following purchase options*. You can choose to make a One time payment or have your PayPal payment Automatically recur.

1 month of game time - $14.99
3 months of game time - $39.99 (the equivalent of $13.33 per month)
6 months of game time - $75.99 (the equivalent of $12.66 per month)
12 months of game time - $139.99 (the equivalent of $11.66 per month)


One time payments for PayPal are applied immediately and extend the time of your account. If activating your account using PayPal, you will be billed according to the amount of game time you chose to purchase and included game time that came with your purchase will be added to your account as well. You will not be placed on recurring billing.


If you choose the Automatically recur PayPal payment option, you will be charged after the game has launched, and after your included bonus time expires, and you will be placed on a recurring billing plan according to the payment plan you chose until deactivated.
Edit - Recommending Lord of the Rings Online.
__________________

Last edited by Saleh; 2009-08-30 at 16:19.
Saleh is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 14:40   Link #11
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
thank you Saleh, and daamn those numbers D:
-KarumA- is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 15:14   Link #12
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Lol at the reply. You could have posted a smaller post with a summary of : Game costs 49,99EUR plus 12€ per month. Likewise, it costs 49,99$ ( unfair $ = € ?? ), and monthly cost is 14,9.

Either way, the cost isn't really big. 50€/$ for a game and then small monthly cost is nothing for an awesome game. Of course, you can't expect to get a great game without paying for it. Plus, while Atlantica is '' free '', all hax good items can be acquired from item shop, so it's like someone said..

Free to play, Pay to win. And in atlantica their greed is immense.. You can't just buy off whatever item you want, but instead you have to pay 10$ per a box, where you then have like 1% chance to get that hax item, and 99% chance to get some utter crap.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 15:33   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
With 1 GB RAM, you won't be playing Dragonica, Cabal or any other average MMO without suffering from insane lag due to requirements kneeling your PC. Being in Argentina, I wouldn't suggest Maplestory either, it's pretty new there so many areas, options and skills are missing.
Quote:
You can't just buy off whatever item you want, but instead you have to pay 10$ per a box, where you then have like 1% chance to get that hax item, and 99% chance to get some utter crap.
Tis the case in most cash shops with lucky boxes or gachapon or anything that might look like a gamble...
For other suggestions, I'd really have to go down the cute road, not sure if it's in your interests though...I see the games thread has already been suggested, I'll post again later based on replies.
__________________
Kafriel is online now  
Old 2009-08-30, 15:51   Link #14
Rawgers
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S. California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
With 1 GB RAM, you won't be playing Dragonica, Cabal or any other average MMO without suffering from insane lag due to requirements kneeling your PC. Being in Argentina, I wouldn't suggest Maplestory either, it's pretty new there so many areas, options and skills are missing.
His computer will be able to run both games. They do not require the greatest of computers to play.

For recommendations, do not bother playing a F2P game, as most of them are complete utter crap. Like Dist mentioned, try out Aion during the open beta to determine if it is a game you would enjoy.
Rawgers is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 17:20   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
^ They wuld run but the lag would be too much, you'd miss the combos in cabal and you'd fire 5 arrows instead of 9 in dragonica. That, and it would take 3 minutes to shake off the lag in towns like Port Lux or Port of the winds, it's a shame to have a bad experience of good games.
__________________
Kafriel is online now  
Old 2009-08-30, 19:05   Link #16
Rawgers
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S. California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ They wuld run but the lag would be too much, you'd miss the combos in cabal and you'd fire 5 arrows instead of 9 in dragonica. That, and it would take 3 minutes to shake off the lag in towns like Port Lux or Port of the winds, it's a shame to have a bad experience of good games.
You make it seem like his graphic card is horrible. I was able to play Cabal smoothly with 512 mb and a Geforce 4 series during beta. Had absolutely no problems at all.
Spoiler for Cabal System Requirements:

Spoiler for Dragonica:

OP's specs are better than the "recommended" specs on both games.
Rawgers is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 05:42   Link #17
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
So were mine, still had the same problems...GF7600, 1GB RAM and dual core at 2.2GHz...
__________________
Kafriel is online now  
Old 2009-08-31, 09:53   Link #18
Rawgers
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S. California
That appears to be a connection problem then. During the last CB of Aion, I was able to get 100+ fps on settings "high" (4GB ram/Geforce 260 GTX), but lag was a huge problem for me (trouble casting skills/huge delay). Later found out that I was having problems with connecting to the servers (had to use gamepath in order to alleviate the problem)
Rawgers is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 10:19   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I'd suggest upping the RAM to 2GB for any monthly subscription game if budget is a restrictor. It substantially reduces the thrashing to disk for textures and whatnot.
Follow that with a graphic card update (next cheapest upgrade). A cpu update would be the most expensive if you have to update the mobo as well.

Not all F2P games are "crap" -- it depends on what facets of an MMO interest you and paying $15/mth gets on a person's nerves if they can't play frequently. Most F2P do a poorer job of disguising the grind factor (but even subscription games have too much grind barely disguised as content lately). I'd say try a few F2P games and make your own mind up (NeoSteam, DOMO, PerfectWorld, Dungeonrunners, etc). People seem to be friendlier in F2P games these days than they are in subscription games. I thought PerfectWorld was very relaxing to play, Neosteam was fun (steampunk setting), Dungeonrunners had a wry sense of humor, DOMO was sugar-laden cute (many of the anime-ish F2P are of this type - ASDAstory, EtherSaga, etc). The anime MMO thread under Games is a good read.

edit: Runes of Magic is a fair F2P worth taking a look at.

In the subscription world, it depends on what flavor of PvP you like and how grim you like your world. Some PvP is more realm-oriented or group-oriented (e.g. Warhammer) and some is more one-on-one focused. Some PvP is rather regulated and some are "gank-without-consequence-freeforalls". So you may love "PvP" and yet find some PvP games unsatisfying.

Myself, I tend to like Warhammer and Age-of-Conan currently as far as the games themselves (good PvP, interesting settings) ... but I'm pretty disgusted with many of the *players* in those games (very little sense of community, no immersion, just immature poor attitudes). Finding a guild not composed of dysfunctional morons is a quest all in itself. I'm currently playing Conan but am thinking about returning to F2P considering the rather limited amount of time I have to play.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-31 at 12:49.
Vexx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.