AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-01, 17:08   Link #61
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Technically the show didn't, as his character is taken from the game where he was already hated.

Let me play the devil's advocate here though and point out that General Damon is indirectly the reason why Gallia is winning the war. After all he's the one who's been pushing Squad 7 into all desperate fights which they ultimately won
Let's just say he gets the credit at the end as he is the "strategist". But still he is the same arrogant bastard as in the game.
Old 2009-09-01, 17:16   Link #62
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Now that right there.... was a love triangle l was hoping would had been made for the anime.....princess cordeliaxwelkinxalicia....
Alicia, Juno Coren, Audrey Heitinga and Princess Cordelia... Welkin is a Ladies' man originally, and yet all we got served was a crappy love triangle with Faldio.

Meh, I would have rather seen Alicia x Dallas
Old 2009-09-01, 17:18   Link #63
Joe_fh

One minute in and I'm already wondering how rondom can these people get...I mean Alicia and Selvaria in a facility for research on children (probably something to do with Valkyrias) sharing bread...come on. That really "out there". It's obvious by now the're going with a completely original story but it would be nice if the do connect the events and don't just place random things around and link them in loose way.
Ok on with the rest of the episode...
Old 2009-09-01, 17:21   Link #64
Sassarai
Army of One

Omg, I thought I would wait for the subs in hopes of enjoying the episode more than the previous ones and suddenly I've become like the only one that hasn't seen it! NOESS! Sigh, might as well wait a widdle bit wonger. Did the sub group get bored of this anime or something?
Old 2009-09-01, 17:41   Link #65
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
One minute in and I'm already wondering how rondom can these people get...I mean Alicia and Selvaria in a facility for research on children (probably something to do with Valkyrias) sharing bread...come on. That really "out there". It's obvious by now the're going with a completely original story but it would be nice if the do connect the events and don't just place random things around and link them in loose way.
Ok on with the rest of the episode...
And you thought it couldn't get any worse.

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-09-01, 17:55   Link #66
Joe_fh

It was subbed hours ago by gleam ^^

The previous episode and from the ones before I really thought it couldn't get any worse XD

So I wathced the rest of it. Surprisingly if you ignore the first minute with the wierd background story it's quite good. This time around they manged to pull it off quite nicely. The pisode was emotional with the center of it being how everyone see Alicia now. There are a few things that didn't quite make sense - like the last scene...she was like a child there...it was obvious Welkin would support her but she still left even though she was the one who said she loved him. It was also clear that with a bit of explanations her "comrades" would understand the situation. She was acting kind of like a child doing the opposite of the right thing to do just for the sake of it. Also the reactions from squad 7 weren't really normal. I mean some of them knew Alicia since a long time ago. In that case you would support your friend in such a situation, not say you're scared of her. They were all over dramatic reaction to make it look more emotional

Well I can live with that, after all they're really trying hard to build up to a really emotional moment in the the next episode or more like th 24th. Then again I think that's as good a it will get - I'm pretty sure this was the most emotional part with the Alicia being a Valkyria story. The next episode will probably will include how Welkin tries to convince her to come back or somethin which will lead to an epic confession I guess.

On a side note Faldio was just lame. Why did he went all emo and crazy? He seemed so determined the previous episode so if he succeede in awaking the Valkyria why the sudden character change?

What do you guys think?
Old 2009-09-01, 17:58   Link #67
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
What do you guys think?
You want my thoughts? Simple answer: It will only get worse.

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-09-01, 18:39   Link #68
Sassarai
Army of One

2 out of 5 Fabio's for the episodes' predictability.

Alicia runs to squad,
Squad talks behind her back,
Alicia is shocked and runs away.

Welkin and his bad acting didn't convince me that he wanted Alicia to stay.

Fabio looks more and more emo.

Selvaria would of been a wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cooler character if she wasn't so damm devoted to Lelouch.
Old 2009-09-01, 19:03   Link #69
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Alicia, Juno Coren, Audrey Heitinga and Princess Cordelia... Welkin is a Ladies' man originally, and yet all we got served was a crappy love triangle with Faldio.

Meh, I would have rather seen Alicia x Dallas

lulz....indeed. Shame on me for forgetting all about Audrey >_<
Old 2009-09-01, 20:07   Link #70
Judge Bao
Environmental Engineer

The best part of this episode is definitely Selvaria's shower scene
Old 2009-09-01, 21:36   Link #71
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post

The moment I read this and saw the pictures I started laughing like I haven't laughed in a while. It was one of those "milk through the nose" moments (were I to be drinking milk when I read it, which I wasn't). Thank you kind sir!

Back on topic: *Dextro bangs his head on the wall* That kind of sums up my thought not only on this episode but the whole show up to date. And I haven't even played the game, I didn't even know anything of it's story when I came into this even if I do plan to someday buy a PS3 and play it.

A crappy love triangle with freaking Faldio? Introducing that flashback with only 4 episodes to go and clearly an awful lot of story still miles before it's wrapped up? Emo-Alicia? I can't believe I'm still watching this crap! Damn my habit of not leaving stuff unfinished...

Old 2009-09-01, 21:42   Link #72
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

I actually thought it was a good episode. For once, the scenes were fluid and the characters understandable. I would have liked Welkin to be more pro-active with Alicia, but we have a few episodes and for drama's sake, he had to let her leave. I was surprised that the squad shunned Alicia, you'd expect them to agree that she is the same girl they all know and love.

But, there is no doubt they could have done this episode, along with the whole series, much better.
Old 2009-09-01, 21:45   Link #73
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

lol @ no bread for Alicia. I bet the reason Alicia likes bread is because of Selvaria....*goes off finishing the episode*
Old 2009-09-01, 22:40   Link #74
KiraYamatoFan
Crazy World Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I actually thought it was a good episode. For once, the scenes were fluid and the characters understandable. I would have liked Welkin to be more pro-active with Alicia, but we have a few episodes and for drama's sake, he had to let her leave. I was surprised that the squad shunned Alicia, you'd expect them to agree that she is the same girl they all know and love.

But, there is no doubt they could have done this episode, along with the whole series, much better.
I guess we were just asking for that: Welkin to beat the shit out of Faldio as he rightfully deserves as well as Welkin to speak his heart out about Alicia. If Alicia's confession was coming at the wrong time, this time was instead perfect for him to do so. They better come up with something big of a moment for later episodes or I'll hope so hard for somebody to get fired here.

Speaking of shunning Alicia, I thought it was disgusting for fellow military comrades to react like that when Alicia was more or less like a big sister to everybody. In my book, such reaction is worse than leaving a fellow soldier behind on the battlefield and this is unforgivable for any soldier to do. Even if some Sevens talked about how scary Alicia was, at least show us the top squad 7 guys (Welkin, Largo, Rosie, Edy) to reprimand hard those daring to talk about Alicia like that (I would die to have Rosie/Edy madly scolding Aisha and ask her to take back the words).
Old 2009-09-01, 23:06   Link #75
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post

Lol, I really like your ranking system for the episodes
Old 2009-09-01, 23:37   Link #76
Belum_nabum
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
I understand, but why showing him so much, I think the public understand how he was the first or the second time we saw him.

He is more important than Varrot or Largo in the anime.

He have too much screen time
Indeed, my thoughts on Damon is that he is A SLOB THAT IS WORTHLESS! He did nothing, he reminds me of myself but the difference is that I would and make NO MISTAKE! I would go to the front to fight! He would chicken out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I guess we were just asking for that: Welkin to beat the shit out of Faldio as he rightfully deserves as well as Welkin to speak his heart out about Alicia. If Alicia's confession was coming at the wrong time, this time was instead perfect for him to do so. They better come up with something big of a moment for later episodes or I'll hope so hard for somebody to get fired here.
You should have sympathy that Faldio lost all his men in the battlefield and is depressed BIG TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Speaking of shunning Alicia, I thought it was disgusting for fellow military comrades to react like that when Alicia was more or less like a big sister to everybody. In my book, such reaction is worse than leaving a fellow soldier behind on the battlefield and this is unforgivable for any soldier to do. Even if some Sevens talked about how scary Alicia was, at least show us the top squad 7 guys (Welkin, Largo, Rosie, Edy) to reprimand hard those daring to talk about Alicia like that (I would die to have Rosie/Edy madly scolding Aisha and ask her to take back the words).
The pics I put up clearly agrees that is indeed depressing and disgusting that many fear Alicia just because of her powers. I am glad Welkin understood more than anyone.

I am disappointed that Alicia in the end rejected his advances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Bao View Post
The best part of this episode is definitely Selvaria's shower scene
No not at all! There is already too much ECCHI CRAP in anime for that to happen. Although I understand you must be one of those who likes this then I suggest you get some hentai stuff made by others of her. It would make you more happier than that scene. Trust me there are better ones in these manga types.
Old 2009-09-02, 00:00   Link #77
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
The pics I put up clearly agrees that is indeed depressing and disgusting that many fear Alicia just because of her powers. I am glad Welkin understood more than anyone.

I am disappointed that Alicia in the end rejected his advances.
I guess not too many read my post before about 7th's reactions......
Quote:
It's not too hard to understand though.
If someday after you suddenly find your friend is an uncontrollable WMD which can go off at anytime, it must take some time to overcome such fear. It'll be nice if they can accept her on spot, but their doubts aren't really that surprising.

Besides, not the whole squadis rejecting her......Though numbers aren't a significant factor in this matter.
And even though Welkin understands her, with her fella in doubt and fear about her power, it's still not possible to join them back right now.
Old 2009-09-02, 00:12   Link #78
Belum_nabum
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
I guess not too many read my post before about 7th's reactions......

And even though Welkin understands her, with her fella in doubt and fear about her power, it's still not possible to join them back right now.
But I do understand the whole point about 7ths reaction but the thing is why would they fear her when she would never turn on them less some attack her?

The truth is they just fear the power itself and that makes them weak to me. If I was with you and suddenly you used your powers and let's say they almost killed me but I knew it was intentional. I would not fear you at the very least just be cautious of not being in more your way during fights.
Old 2009-09-02, 00:32   Link #79
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
But I do understand the whole point about 7ths reaction but the thing is why would they fear her when she would never turn on them less some attack her?

The truth is they just fear the power itself and that makes them weak to me. If I was with you and suddenly you used your powers and let's say they almost killed me but I knew it was intentional. I would not fear you at the very least just be cautious of not being in more your way during fights.
Unlike Selveria's Val Powers, Alicia's debut looks to those people (or at least for me), well, not too well-controlled. At least she's not conscious when she's using that, and that's why I considered her as "an uncontrollable WMD".

Back in Zambot 3 when some "human bombs" were sent back to home with their firends' families, those who knew they can explode at any time isolated themselves from their friends and wait for the day of dying, even though they knew such separation is sad for both sides. I think it's similar case here.
Old 2009-09-02, 00:49   Link #80
Sassarai
Army of One

I'm looking forward to the next episode. The title is "The shape of love" so maybe there will be some major developments between Welkin and Alicia.

Plus I wonder what kind of face will Fabio make next ep?

Closed Thread