AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-27, 08:28   Link #41
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
haha I thought woman as well but the way they talk it sounds like it's supposed to be a man...just I'd guess a very very feminine male.
I'm just hoping Merlin is also female, I don't want it messing with my head too much
But I don't really think thats thge case.

You know Lancelot is a cool name, very cool in fact and the guy portrayed here is pretty cool as well but Gawain is the bad ass mofo, nothing like a scar over the eye to say bad ass mofo

I hope we get moar Tania in abit, god I love her
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 19:29   Link #42
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
^ Just read the new chapter, Merlin said to Tasha himself that's he's a man but I guess he did something to make himself look feminine to obtain skills to use mana. Probably some kind off a trade-off. Anyway, the scene when Tania and Tasha talking was hilarious. I say harassment of power here
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 19:52   Link #43
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
^ Just read the new chapter, Merlin said to Tasha himself that's he's a man but I guess he did something to make himself look feminine to obtain skills to use mana. Probably some kind off a trade-off. Anyway, the scene when Tania and Tasha talking was hilarious. I say harassment of power here
haha theres so much about Merlin I found funny this chapter with the bonus page being the icing on the cake, now that was funny
Loved the bit with Tasha freaking out on any "changes" he might go through.

Chapter 50 went along way in why I just love Tania, she is just god-like in everyway!
Her talk with Tasha was indeed hilarious and she doesn't hold back at all

Now it's a wait to see how things go from here.
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 19:59   Link #44
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Anyway, the scene when Tania and Tasha talking was hilarious. I say harassment of power here
Yeah, it's been a while since a single chapter had so much comedy. The Tasha/Tania bits were pretty funny, I didn't realize how funny her actions could really be, so I was taken by quite the surprise. I now realize that she's a pretty damn awesome char .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 23:43   Link #45
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Haha, Tania rocks. And I was right, Merlin was a guy... though I confess I was slightly worried about being wrong when they show him wearing HEELS.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 11:00   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
My worse fears have come true. Merlin is a trap!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!


Ahem!


Well anyway there's alot questions about what is the source of Taras powers since now he produces mana like Merlin. And what will Taras do with the deal between Central & Merlin over handing Mordred/Halloween back to Britain.

PS.Tania rocks! (No pun intended) She's really is an expy of Olivier Armstrong!
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 18:44   Link #47
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I'm a bit confused about that chapter.

#1) The castle of the 4 great witches? The name kinda implies that it's a castle where the east/west/north/south live. I was under the assumption that they weren't exactly best friends so why would they live in the same castle? Also for reasons only the mangaka knows (and judging from this skill of setting up a reasonable storyline we will never find out why) West is dead.

#2) The hell is that condition of removing the contract between Tasha and his supporter? Looks extremely random to me.

#3) Tasha thought that with the location of the castle the war might end soon. Are you serious Tasha?!?! You didn't stand a chance against Varete, Cooga struggled against Dexter pretty hard and let's not start about the remaining 3 great witches. Merlin could probably take on one of them at a time but I doubt that he can fight against two or three. Also there are probably more support witches like Callia (<3), Neptis (<3), Varete and the betrayal WHs who are both S-class.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 19:14   Link #48
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
#2) The hell is that condition of removing the contract between Tasha and his supporter? Looks extremely random to me.
No the contract termination was all Merlin's plan because....well, if you did pay attention the past chapters then you should understand. In Tasha's case, that's pretty hard because Halloween's been a part of him already either a comrade/ally or a friend/lover something like that.
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 21:18   Link #49
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm a bit confused about that chapter.

#1) The castle of the 4 great witches? The name kinda implies that it's a castle where the east/west/north/south live. I was under the assumption that they weren't exactly best friends so why would they live in the same castle? Also for reasons only the mangaka knows (and judging from this skill of setting up a reasonable storyline we will never find out why) West is dead.
It has been implied that Varete is West when South visited North's castle. East has only been implied as well(but plenty of flashbacks + evidence will tell you that girl is East).

Quote:
#3) Tasha thought that with the location of the castle the war might end soon. Are you serious Tasha?!?! You didn't stand a chance against Varete, Cooga struggled against Dexter pretty hard and let's not start about the remaining 3 great witches. Merlin could probably take on one of them at a time but I doubt that he can fight against two or three. Also there are probably more support witches like Callia (<3), Neptis (<3), Varete and the betrayal WHs who are both S-class.
I thought so too initially, but really, they have a decent chance. Eun(S-class with the lances) is an S-class, but Word, who potential is best at HQ and weaker the further his is from it, is only A-class. Then you have Vinyu(the Phantom Knight) and he's strong enough to go against a fully powered Surtr. East's power most likely didn't deteriorate(for whatever reason) like Varete and North(who aren't at full power right now) but has a limitation on how many times she can use it(which is one more time i believe). East said she has only had to use a fully-powered Surtr against Varete(not North or South) and it took North and South both to defeat Varete(who, again, is weakened from her orig powers), So Vinyu is probably the strongest aside from East now, and still, he's planned to be stronger when he returns. The WH side also has Tania, who is an S-class, and her abilities(imo) seem superior to Eun. Ryuhwan is a wild card, but it wouldn't be too surprising for him to temp side with the WHs for whatever reason, and both him and Tasha have their beyond-limiter modes, not to mention supporters(and Ryuhwan hasn't even released the 1st seal on his). Cooga, Taras, and Xing can still power up normally in typical shounen fashion(i.e.as they fight), and Tasha has the Moirae powers(the song which gives him mana/power of an S-class, and the Lance, which we haven't seen[he was planning to use it in chp 14? before East stopped him]), not to mention the mana that's being made inside of him. So they have a decent chance to overcome the odds. It's certainly not impossible.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 22:24   Link #50
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Beating around the bush isn't going to help me understanding why Merlin want's the contract removed. It still looks random to me but I'm looking forward what kind of reasoning you will pull out of your magical hat.

Varete is not West because West is dead and Varete is not.

Not exactly sure what you mean with "East has been implied" because she has been shown and named exactly. Also there was not a single flashback that had East in it. East is an enemy to both South and North but most likely also to (most) WHs with the exception of Tasha.

Eunshun or whatever his name has sided with the witches. Same with the eyepatch guy and the small one whose names I forgot but all 3 of them are S-class.
Hey Xing's brother, what's up? Heard you sided with the witches.
Vinyu got demolished by East and her and the other two great witches are at least equal in strength. Vinyu will not stand a chance (alone) against any of the great witches.
Varete, though weakened, can probably evenly fight with Tasha/Ryuwhan/Cooga/Taras/Xing at the same time. Yes this is my own assumption but it shouldn't be too far from the truth.
Aria alone was able to take out both Tarras and Xing and severly damage Tasha.
Even if North can only use her power once more (which I would like to have confirmed before I believe it) her power is most likely pretty huge.
Speaking of great witches, let's not forget that Callia and Neptis are most likely with their masters and both have been shown of being able to take on Cooga, respectively Ryuwhan. Chances are that there are even more support witches.
The moriae powers (who are extremely random and unlogical if you ask me) don't power Tasha up but instead summon his master who is S-class. To be honest it hasn't been shown exactly what it is able to do but it certainly wasn't shown to power up Tasha to S-class. The song itself takes a bit of time and good luck summoning the 3 sisters before South nukes you down.

TL;DR, here are more readable form:

PRO WH:
Tania Doberg
Vihyungrang
Merlin
Lancelot?
Tasha/Xing/Coopa/Tarras

PRO Witches:
North
South
Varete
3 S-class WH
Eunshun
The brother of Xing

Wild Cards:
Ryuwhan
East
Aria?

Still TL;DR?

-> WH doesn't stand a chance. will go down, not exactly without a fight but their strength is just too low.
__________________
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 23:07   Link #51
Mr.Garfield
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
i think Ryuwhan and East will side up with the WH
Ryuwhan for revenge and East for "stopping North plan" (that is if i remember correctly)

so we have:
Tania Doberg/ Vihyungrang/ Merlin/ East VS. North/ South/ Varete (possible)

and for Lancelot?/ Tasha/ Xing/ Coopa/ Tarras/ Ryuwhan, i think they'll be able to cope with the 3 S-class WH, Eunshun and the brother of Xing after some power up (typical shounen? possible)

so yes, i think they DO get a chance.
Mr.Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 00:58   Link #52
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Varete is not West because West is dead and Varete is not.
Wrong. Read chap 36 again. North clearly says Varete's "one of the 4 great witches", which indirectly implies that she is West. They also said Edea was dead in the beginning chaps of the story, and now they said she's not(Neptis, ch 34? 35?), so unless someone of importance has said Varete is dead after that, then she is West.

Quote:
Not exactly sure what you mean with "East has been implied" because she has been shown and named exactly. Also there was not a single flashback that had East in it. East is an enemy to both South and North but most likely also to (most) WHs with the exception of Tasha.
There was a direct flashback by East showing her adult form back in chapter 14 or so, when she first fought Ryuhwan. If they actually called her East, I just don't remember =0\.

Quote:
Eunshun or whatever his name has sided with the witches. Same with the eyepatch guy and the small one whose names I forgot but all 3 of them are S-class.
The eyepatch guy is Word, and he is an A-class. The chapter where they first introduce Cooga and Word they were about to fight Tasha and Halloween. Word is def an A-class. The other guy, who manipulated Diana's memory is a D-class; he's hidden his special ability, but he shows absolutely no fighting ability, as he was quickly put down by Word because(i think) he was annoying him with bragging or something.

Quote:
Hey Xing's brother, what's up? Heard you sided with the witches.
Well, we know what's going to happen here; Xing is obviously going to fight him. He might get help, but they will def fight 1-on-1 at some point, based on their backstory.

Quote:
Vinyu got demolished by East and her and the other two great witches are at least equal in strength. Vinyu will not stand a chance (alone) against any of the great witches.
Varete, though weakened, can probably evenly fight with Tasha/Ryuwhan/Cooga/Taras/Xing at the same time. Yes this is my own assumption but it shouldn't be too far from the truth.
To say he got "demolished" is going a bit too far. Surtr himself said only ONE god was able to damage him... just one. He said himself that he burns the SOULS of the immortal GODS(plural). For anyone to even damage him in that state is a miracle. However, like I said, South said that she and North had to team up to defeat Varete. That means that Varete was quite a ways stronger than North and South. If you just compare East saying she has ONLY used the fully-powered Surtr against Varete, to what South said about them double-teaming, you should be able to draw the conclusion that East=Varete >> North = South. Since Varete doesn't have as much power as she did before North and South attacked her, East is stronger than all of them. Even if you say that Vinyu isn't as strong as East(which is think he NEARLY is), based on him being able to damage a mana-supplied Surtr, he should be able to fight the other 3 witches on even grounds, ESPECIALLY since he is further increasing his power in his phantom castle and his current Phantom Knights cannot be attacked by physical means. The only reason he was defeated was because the mana-supplied Surtr dealt with "the gods", so he was able to inflict damage on Vinyu's Phantom Knights. I don't think supporters like Varete's can stand a chance against that(unless that is not the true form of her supporter).

Quote:
Aria alone was able to take out both Tarras and Xing and severly damage Tasha.
Even if North can only use her power once more (which I would like to have confirmed before I believe it) her power is most likely pretty huge.
Halloween herself was contending with Aria, I don't think she's THAT much of a threat at this point, not to mention Ryuhwan putting her down rather easily, despite already using the unlimited mana mode. Varete did say she was going to retrain Aria, so she could get a little stronger, but not that much that all of the WH will be stopped by her. And I don't recall North ever saying she can only use her power once, they only say her power is slowly recovering. That was East that said she only could use Surtr one more time right after fighting Vinyu.

Quote:
Speaking of great witches, let's not forget that Callia and Neptis are most likely with their masters and both have been shown of being able to take on Cooga, respectively Ryuwhan. Chances are that there are even more support witches.
While it's true they are with their masters now, that doesn't mean that when the time comes to fight, they will still be with their masters then. Also don't forget that Callia and South are enemies to Neptis and North, they may not necessarily help them fight, assuming the 4 great witches castle IS North's castle.

Quote:
The moriae powers (who are extremely random and unlogical if you ask me) don't power Tasha up but instead summon his master who is S-class. To be honest it hasn't been shown exactly what it is able to do but it certainly wasn't shown to power up Tasha to S-class. The song itself takes a bit of time and good luck summoning the 3 sisters before South nukes you down.
While I too, feel that the Moirae powers aren't really something to be relied on because of their after-effects, it's still something in his arsenal he can use. Also, I feel that you are mistaken that the song of Moirae summons Edea; that was just his vision of remembering her because it was something he was probably taught, rather than just something sitting in the dimensional gallery pouch. It summons the Moirae sisters to infuse the user directly with mana, which gives him S-class speed and power.

And saying South would do that may be true, but it's also true that she enjoys a good battle. I could see her easily allowing Tasha to use it simply to enjoy a good fight with a human.

Quote:
TL;DR, here are more readable form:

PRO WH:
Tania Doberg
Vihyungrang
Merlin
Lancelot?
Tasha/Xing/Coopa/Tarras

PRO Witches:
North
South
Varete
3 S-class WH
Eunshun
The brother of Xing

Wild Cards:
Ryuwhan
East
Aria?

Still TL;DR?

-> WH doesn't stand a chance. will go down, not exactly without a fight but their strength is just too low.
As said above, there aren't 3 S-class WH on the witches side, plus you forgot Halloween, whose fighting ability is directly connected to Tasha.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 05:15   Link #53
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Beating around the bush isn't going to help me understanding why Merlin want's the contract removed. It still looks random to me but I'm looking forward what kind of reasoning you will pull out of your magical hat.
Like him, it seemed obvious to me too. Merlin said he left because King Arthur was dead and there was no king to serve. Now Merlin has returned because there is a King for him to serve--Mordred/Halloween, Tasha's supporter. Merlin wants to break the contract so Mordred/Halloween can become the proper ruler of Britain. She is the heir to the throne because King Arthur is dead, and she is the King's child. Hereditary rule.

The part about calling her "King" is a bit weird, but eh.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 11:52   Link #54
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Like him, it seemed obvious to me too. Merlin said he left because King Arthur was dead and there was no king to serve. Now Merlin has returned because there is a King for him to serve--Mordred/Halloween, Tasha's supporter. Merlin wants to break the contract so Mordred/Halloween can become the proper ruler of Britain. She is the heir to the throne because King Arthur is dead, and she is the King's child. Hereditary rule.

The part about calling her "King" is a bit weird, but eh.
Mangaka is obviously a big fan of Fate Stay Night
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 03:21   Link #55
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
I just started reading witchhunters and ive fund east to be the most intriguing character. Its shown that she is not overly fond of humans but as she attempts to screw up norths plans for human extinction she isnt hostile either. Its also implied in flashbacks that she was friends of the whitewitch, whowas a member of the WHs.

Ive also noticed that generally supports seem to compliment the master in terms of personality. Surtr has a noble barbarian feel to him, so i imagine her goals, whether agreeable or not, are not exactly twisted.

So I thought on it, and what if her objective was to create a unified safe haven/country for witches?

BtW, whenever i hear of gawain i always think of sir gawain and the green knight.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 17:08   Link #56
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
I wonder what North's plan might be, and how it involves Tasha.
Still, Tasha with unlimited mana supply rocks! Who could he be anyway!?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 18:13   Link #57
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Wrong. Read chap 36 again. North clearly says Varete's "one of the 4 great witches", which indirectly implies that she is West. They also said Edea was dead in the beginning chaps of the story, and now they said she's not(Neptis, ch 34? 35?), so unless someone of importance has said Varete is dead after that, then she is West.
that is most-likely a mistranslation, then...

Varete is never directly or indirectly stated to be west, anywhere in the manhwa...

and the fact that everyone and their mothers call her "varete", strongly implies that she's not west...


Quote:
To say he got "demolished" is going a bit too far. Surtr himself said only ONE god was able to damage him... just one. He said himself that he burns the SOULS of the immortal GODS(plural). For anyone to even damage him in that state is a miracle.
Phantom Knight wasn't even nearly a match for Surtr...he only managed to wound him, and it wasn't even anything serious...there's a huge gap between him and Surtr

Quote:
However, like I said, South said that she and North had to team up to defeat Varete.
Nope, she didn't. The fact that South and North cooperated to kill Varete doesn't mean they couldn't have done so alone...since we have no idea about why and how they killed Varete...

rather, judging by the way South reacted to Varete being still alive, as well as Varete's own reaction to South's reaction seem to imply that South is quite a fair bit stronger than Varete....she herself said that with West dead, she's the most powerful witch. That means she's more powerful than East...

Frankly, at this point it's quite clear that South is by far the most powerful character in this story. And remember, a witches power is exponentially stronger inside her castle....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 19:31   Link #58
alu546
y prime
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The South
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to alu546
I imagine east to be the most powerful at full strength, however, we might not get to see that until the end or through flashbacks. From what i can tell, she was ganged up on like west ws(this mightve been stated though)

Also, perhaps her hat was destroyed in that conflict. It would explain her struggles at keeping surtur at full power. She just doesnt have the mana storage power for it.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 08:30   Link #59
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
how West died was never stated though...

my guess is that east, west and north fought each other, which ended with west dying and east and north losing most of their powers...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 23:44   Link #60
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Chapter 51 is out.

Spoiler for ch51:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.