AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 20.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 15.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 10.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.12%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-09, 18:10   Link #61
tcaz2

Another thing that really, really disappoints me, is that as far as I know, there's no mention from Lambda that Beatrice was intentionally torturing Rosa just to fire up Battler's "righteous indignation" so the game would continue.

It's like DEEN missed the whole point of the scene.
Old 2009-09-09, 18:17   Link #62
Chadauw

Hum, I can't make up my mind.

As an episode, it was REALLY entertaining to watch.

As an adaptation, it fails quite severely.

I guess I have to wait for subs/better video quality. But I can't rate it very hight.

(As a side note, I definitely hate how goats just disappear after being hit)
Old 2009-09-09, 18:48   Link #63
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Guess what? It's review time with Ultimate Rena Fan! Yay!

Spoiler for II-VI review:

Little Busters!

Last edited by Tomoya-kun; 2009-09-09 at 18:53. Reason: Updated
Old 2009-09-09, 18:48   Link #64
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Considering there have been specific complaints about this or that line not being included, I don't think that was an inaccurate description on my part. I would reiterate my statement.

Like I previously wrote, it is a fact that many scenes were compressed, but even if they had spent a little more time on them it wouldn't necessarily mean including all the exact details, actions or poses from the visual novel either.
The lines erveryone mention are a few between MILLIONS like super paper o bernaknstel saying nippa, those are lines that are gags in the internet for over 2 years now so everyone wants to see them but not EVERY LINE =p only the KEY ONES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadauw View Post
(As a side note, I definitely hate how goats just disappear after being hit)
Me too, in the sound most of the bullets have no effect and they continue to chase rosa.
Old 2009-09-09, 18:55   Link #65
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Sorry, but gags will never be the KEY ONES.
And the two you mentioned have the same "importance" level to Umineko as mackerel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Another thing that really, really disappoints me, is that as far as I know, there's no mention from Lambda that Beatrice was intentionally torturing Rosa just to fire up Battler's "righteous indignation" so the game would continue.

It's like DEEN missed the whole point of the scene.
We don't even know that the person 34 talked to is Battler or not.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:01   Link #66
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Sorry, but gags will never be the KEY ONES.
Obviously i refer to the KEY ONES FROM THE GAGS come on they can put them in only a few seconds but really i don't care about that at all i really hate how they adapt epic scenes in less than a minute and i hate my friends that only see the anime to tell me THAT'S ALL THAT WERE THE EPIC PARTS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

Thank you deen =(
Old 2009-09-09, 19:13   Link #67
BakaOnna

A few questions on this episode (can't watch raw or episode until the weekend) but was any of these few things kept?

Possible spoilers:
Spoiler:

But by the looks of people's complaints (or lack of it), it seems that these were kept (???). If not, then I think those few things are more important than, say, the facesmash (even though I wanted to see that scene animated), Rosa vs. Goats, Super-paper, and yada yada yada. Especially since the latter stuff are mostly fanservicey scenes that VN readers want to see.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:16   Link #68
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
We don't even know that the person 34 talked to is Battler or not.
I never implied that she was.

Even if she wasn't, it doesn't really matter, as they still failed to mention it.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:17   Link #69
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
A few questions on this episode (can't watch raw or episode until the weekend) but was any of these few things kept?

Possible spoilers:
Spoiler:

But by the looks of people's complaints (or lack of it), it seems that these were kept (???). If not, then I think those few things are more important than, say, the facesmash (even though I wanted to see that scene animated), Rosa vs. Goats, Super-paper, and yada yada yada. Especially since the latter stuff are mostly fanservicey scenes that VN readers want to see.
Spoiler for reply:

Little Busters!
Old 2009-09-09, 19:17   Link #70
tcaz2

@BakaOnno

The first one you mentioned doesn't happen in Episode 2.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:17   Link #71
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Spoiler for Response to BakaOnna:
Old 2009-09-09, 19:19   Link #72
BakaOnna

Really? I was so sure it appeared in Ep2. Ah, my mistake then. It'll be really disappointed if the still haven't mention any of Battler's background stuff by now though, especially since this episode is the last "good" chance it'll get to mention it. And I think it makes a nice transition to Ep3 for I certain scene I hope they don't cut.

Well, I edited out of my previous post just in case.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:22   Link #73
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Question:
Spoiler for spoilers?:

Little Busters!
Old 2009-09-09, 19:24   Link #74
MarthX

It is mentioned in EP2.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-09, 19:30   Link #75
Ganon

Quote:
Am I the only one who thought this episode was awesome XDDDDD? Sure, Rosa-Musou was short (not that I really cared much for that scene originally), there was no kagu-Battler dressing Beato, and the Ura Tea Party was really "meh", but the scenes that horrified me before REALLY horrified me here, kagu-Battler is still sexy, and DEEN kept the "slice up your cow tits and make me a sandwich" line ^___^
ur not the only one who found this episode very cool i mean sure the episode is rushed and there r some things that deen left out such as the table face smash and that the ??? is short, but the tea party scene was badass and disturbing.

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni episode 4 that i have ordered from the web has finally arrived
and im excited to play though episode 3 and 4
Old 2009-09-09, 19:33   Link #76
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Alright, this is coming from a guy who can only judge this as an episode. Judging it as an adaption is quite impossible for me since I haven't played the games yet, so bear with me here.

It doesn't take a VN player to see that the episode really did feel rushed the whole way through. Does it ruin the overall quality of the episode? It does in my opinion, because that much talked about and much anticipated Rosa Musou scene felt very underplayed and lacking. I watched the scene in the VN on Youtube, and at that point I think it wouuld have been a lot better if they either:

A) more evenly distributed the sceentime for the scenes... I honestly would have preferred if they cut down the battle between Shannon and Beatrice compared to sacrificing time for Rosa Musou and the Tea Parties.

B) Ended this episode with Rosa Musou and left the Tea parties for the next episode. Once again I have no idea what's coming up yet, so I can't say this is all that good of an idea, but the introduction of the new witch would have been a fine way to start a new game.

The way Bernkastel was introduced was very fitting, but of course I have to complain about the introduction of Lambdadelta. The introduction of a new witch is a lot more important to me than George and Shannon's lovey-doveyness, so I don't think she deserved to be squeezed into a minute's worth of screentime, thus watering down the impact it should have had.

I did like the sudden grotesque turn this series took all of a sudden. The goats gang-banging Kinzo and Battler and everything involving Rosa in the Tea Party made my insides shiver, and I loved every minute of it. Here's hoping it continues going down the road for the next two arcs.

Good episode from an anime-only viewers POV though, but it could have been better.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:36   Link #77
MarthX

If you watch the visual novel scenes on YouTube then you can no longer judge the anime as stand alone. You then treat it as an adaption.

The tea parties aren't nearly long enough to be an entire episode.

If you want to know more about Lambdadeleta then rewatch the first tea party at the end of episode 5. They talked about her and her power there.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:43   Link #78
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Almost all points have been covered so I won't post a review. Episode would have gotten a 8-9 out of me if it wasn't that too fast paced for my tastes.

My only complaint is the lack of the fountain pen, and the head smash.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:47   Link #79
BakaOnna

Sorry, but one more question about the episode.

Did they keep (some of at least) Beato's rant about love with Shannon? I thought that scene gave quite a lot of insight on her character in Ep2.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:48   Link #80
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Sorry, but one more question about the episode.

Did they keep (some of at least) Beato's rant about love with Shannon? I thought that scene gave quite a lot of insight on her character in Ep2.
I think they did....

Little Busters!
Closed Thread