AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 20.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 15.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 10.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.12%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-09, 19:54   Link #81
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
If you watch the visual novel scenes on YouTube then you can no longer judge the anime as stand alone. You then treat it as an adaption.
I've only watched the Rosa Musou on Youtube and nothing else regarding the VN, and I already felt that the Rosa Musou in the anime was rushed well before I decided to peek at the VN on Youtube anyways. Treat that however you wish, but I honestly still think I'm judging that one scene in particular as a standalone.

Quote:
The tea parties aren't nearly long enough to be an entire episode.
I never said they had to make up one episode now did I? I said that it probably would have been better to have them open up the next episode rather than get squished into the last few minutes of this one. Like I said I don't know what events happen at the start of the third game, but this is coming from a non-VN POV, and the introduction of a new witch deserves much more than 1 minute or so in my eyes.

Quote:
If you want to know more about Lambdadeleta then rewatch the first tea party at the end of episode 5. They talked about her and her power there.
Seeing and hearing are two completely different things, but I'll take that into consideration for when I grow impatient.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:56   Link #82
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I never said they had to make up one episode now did I? I said that it probably would have been better to have them open up the next episode rather than get squished into the last few minutes of this one. Like I said I don't know what events happen at the start of the third game, but this is coming from a non-VN POV, and the introduction of a new witch deserves much more than 1 minute or so in my eyes.
But having EP 3 start halfway through an episode wouldn't make sense. Have you ever seen a show that had a new arc start halfway through an episode?

Little Busters!
Old 2009-09-09, 19:57   Link #83
MarthX

Putting the tea parties in the next episode wouldn't be good.

The tea parties are part of Game 2 not Game 3. Putting them with Game 3 would just make it more confusing and Game 3 definitely needs all the time it can get. Game 3 is much more important than Game 2.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:01   Link #84
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I think EP2 just needed another episode to be honest. Not making the tea parties start in EP3... but just add another episode to wrap things up... properly show Rosa-Musou... and the hidden tea party. *doesn't really care about all the other stuff... and they already did a nice job with the Shannon VS Beato scene*
I mean Bernkastel and Lambdadelta combined only got 36 seconds of screentime. That's nowhere near enough.

Old 2009-09-09, 20:04   Link #85
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I think EP2 just needed another episode to be honest. Not making the tea parties start in EP3... but just add another episode to wrap things up... properly show Rosa-Musou... and the hidden tea party. *doesn't really care about all the other stuff... and they already did a nice job with the Shannon VS Beato scene*
I mean Bernkastel and Lambdadelta combined only got 36 seconds of screentime. That's nowhere near enough.
Give Turn another episode and Banquet or Alliance loses one. Both of which are longer and more important.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:05   Link #86
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Rena Fan View Post
But having EP 3 start halfway through an episode wouldn't make sense. Have you ever seen a show that had a new arc start halfway through an episode?
Quote:
Putting the tea parties in the next episode wouldn't be good.

The tea parties are part of Game 2 not Game 3. Putting them with Game 3 would just make it more confusing and Game 3 definitely needs all the time it can get. Game 3 is much more important than Game 2.
Oops, yeah I see what you all mean now. My knowledge is limited, and I never really thought of the bad transition from the second game to the third. I still think it would have been better to start an arc in the middle of an episode rather than cut down on important scenes, but perhaps DEEN should have just cut down on the other unimportant scenes that happened during the second game to have made suitable time for the Tea Parties. Oh well, what's done is done.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:06   Link #87
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Give Turn another episode and Banquet or Alliance loses one. Both of which are longer and more important.
Eh, I wouldn't complain.

They could've just paced it properly from the beginning so that we wouldn't have this problem in the first place though. But oh well... hopefully future episodes will be planned out better.

Old 2009-09-09, 20:06   Link #88
Westlo
Lets be reality

The stuff DEEN did in episodes 9-10 should've been covered in 1.5 episodes.. Shannon & George should've been killed last episode... it really makes no sense to slow down the pacing for that material and than rush through the highlights of VN 2. Shannon's showdown with Beato, Rosa going off and Lambda were the highlights of VN 2 along with the meta scenes...

Whoever does series composition stuffed up. Oh well as long as next arc is fine.. my fav arc easily.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:09   Link #89
MarthX

Nothing that important was cut. I don't know what 11 said specifically because subs aren't out. But anything not said can be addressed later. People aren't whining because important things were cut, they're whining because fan service scenes were cut. Bern saying nipa, Lambda calling herself super paper, Battler smashing Beato's head into a table. None of those things are truly important.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:11   Link #90
bigemperor

Quote:
Nothing that important was cut. I don't know what 11 said specifically because subs aren't out. But anything not said can be addressed later. People aren't whining because important things, were cut, they're whining because fan service scenes or lines were cut. Bern saying nipa, Lambda calling herself super paper, Battler smashing Beato's head into a table. None of those things are truly important.
WRONG, people complain about how rush de scenes are, the lines the anime skip is not important at all but seeing the epic scene of rosa IN ONE MINUTE or the tea parte IN ONE MINUTE and everything completely rush yes i really complain about that.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:13   Link #91
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Nothing that important was cut. I don't know what 11 said specifically because subs aren't out. But anything not said can be addressed later. People aren't whining because important things, were cut, they're whining because fan service scenes or lines were cut. Bern saying nipa, Lambda calling herself super paper, Battler smashing Beato's head into a table. None of those things are truly important.
Well... it's not like they're completely useless scenes. Within those scenes there are some things that are said that help explain things a bit more. Honestly if they just showed Lambda and Bern explain things without even saying "Nipa" and "Super Paper" I wouldn't be that disappointed. But this feels rushed and like they left out a couple of important ideas that originally made the viewer/reader think. Meh... that's just my opinion though.

Old 2009-09-09, 20:15   Link #92
MarthX

You're misunderstanding my post. He was talking about cuts and I was correcting him that cuts people were talking about weren't super important things like he was thinking. Just fanservice stuff.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:17   Link #93
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Nothing that important was cut. I don't know what 11 said specifically because subs aren't out. But anything not said can be addressed later. People aren't whining because important things were cut, they're whining because fan service scenes were cut. Bern saying nipa, Lambda calling herself super paper, Battler smashing Beato's head into a table. None of those things are truly important.
There was no reason for DEEN to go through episodes 9 and 10 so slowly and than rush episode 11. I'm far from a VN complainer and this is probably the first time I've been more than a tad annoyed. If anything I'm sick of VN complainers and their drama queen behaviour but it's still obvious they messed up the pacing. This is like the exact opposite of episodes 4 an 5 where they rushed everything before the tea parites and than spent ample time on the tea parties.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:18   Link #94
vic1337

Well i only see the anime and i really like episode 11 BUT i am really confused, everything that happened after the break is the tea party? like in episode 5? why battler was completely defeated and a few moments later he was like new? why in one second rosa was facing goats and another one she is seating with beatrice???

I really like the episode but i don't think it was epic at all like everyone said the sound novel is i think this one was an episode in which happens a lot of things and very quickly maybe to ge us confused.

Pd: everyone told me that rosa vs goats was really epic but I found it quite simple and short but well I trust everyone that it was really epic in the sound novel.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:18   Link #95
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Eh, I wouldn't complain.

They could've just paced it properly from the beginning so that we wouldn't have this problem in the first place though. But oh well... hopefully future episodes will be planned out better.
Honestly, 5-6-7-8 is probably the best possible way if you wanted to fit all 4 games into 26 episodes. The problem is wanting to fit all 4 into 26 in the first place.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:19   Link #96
ameskitty
Kupo

I didn't really have too many problems with the pacing in this episode *shrugs*. Maybe I'm starting to lower my expectations a bit, but I really did enjoy watching it.

Spoiler for II-VI:
Old 2009-09-09, 20:20   Link #97
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
There was no reason for DEEN to go through episodes 9 and 10 so slowly and than rush episode 11. I'm far from a VN complainer and this is probably the first time I've been more than a tad annoyed. If anything I'm sick of VN complainers and their drama queen behaviour but it's still obvious they messed up the pacing. This is like the exact opposite of episodes 4 an 5 where they rushed everything before the tea parites and than spent ample time on the tea parties.
I agree that they screwed up the pacing by making 9 and 10 so slow. They could have paced the end a lot better if they hadn't done that.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:22   Link #98
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Honestly, 5-6-7-8 is probably the best possible way if you wanted to fit all 4 games into 26 episodes. The problem is wanting to fit all 4 into 26 in the first place.
This is true (though I honestly wouldn't mind if they cut down EP4 to less than 8 episodes personally...). 26 episodes doesn't seem like quite enough to fit all four games into, but at least it's not like Higurashi... where they crammed 6 arcs (including 2 Answer Arcs) into one 26 episode season.

So I guess we shouldn't complain TOO much, but like it's been said, if they had the pacing down in the first place then there wouldn't be a problem. But they still have chances to redeem themselves, and like I said, this episode only fails (imo) as an adaption, but as an anime episode I still found it quite entertaining.

Old 2009-09-09, 20:24   Link #99
Trogdor Jube
Surprise buttsecks?

Judging from what the VN players are saying, I'm sure glad I've yet to read the VN yet.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:24   Link #100
Ssol

Awesome episode! My favorite scene was Rosa and Maria fighting for their lives until the very end. I'll give this episode a 10 for that scene and the scene of George/Shannon's last stand against Beato.

The were some lines cut from the episode that were in the VN that I thought had some importance. Since Ryukishi(the author of the Umineko VN) is supervising which content is important to show we can eliminate those things which we thought were important from the VN when making further theories.

As a VN reader I am very pleased with this adaptation.

Spoiler for To other VN readers only:
Closed Thread