AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-08, 12:55   Link #2161
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Nice.

Now lets see what kind of drama the author is gonna concoct from this turn of events.
I'm expecting some solid build up between the main couple before the drama hits.. but as of now I haven't been disappointed in this series yet. It’s been enjoyable with strong characters who knows what they want and overcoming obstacles
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:58   Link #2162
n0c0ntr0l
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter 69 is out...


I don't know what to say... I though school days ending was traumatic... but this....


Spoiler for 69:
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:15   Link #2163
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Toaru is coming to getcha Kurokawa.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:34   Link #2164
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Spoiler for Chapter 69:


Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Chapter 69 is out...

I don't know what to say... I though school days ending was traumatic... but this....
Spoiler for 69:
Yeah, I'm not laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Toaru is coming to getcha Kurokawa.
Yes.. yes he is.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:46   Link #2165
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Hey, did Shou graduate and leave the school already?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:00   Link #2166
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Now in this situation, would you tell Kurokawa that Prince Breasthalomew the 3rd felt you up and kissed you hours beforehand?
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:09   Link #2167
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Now in this situation, would you tell Kurokawa that Prince Breasthalomew the 3rd felt you up and kissed you hours beforehand?
That's the beauty. He has no formal obligation to do so.

Nice nickname, by the way.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:14   Link #2168
No Comment
A Comment
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Earth
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to No Comment
See, just a little bit crazy.
__________________
Spoiler:
No Comment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:22   Link #2169
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
two hearts were broken in this chapter.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:40   Link #2170
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Haha, true.

Also I love this panel pretty damn hard, the first thing that ran through my head:

__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 22:23   Link #2171
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
So how many chapters until Touru appears? Gotta be pretty soon
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:17   Link #2172
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Haha, true.

Also I love this panel pretty damn hard, the first thing that ran through my head:

Utsumi uses MARBLE! It's super effective! Wild Kurokawa is smitten!
__________________
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:50   Link #2173
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Have some backbone for another one and punch Toru in the face in the next chapter, Utsumi.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 11:12   Link #2174
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Utsumi uses MARBLE! It's super effective! Wild Kurokawa is smitten!
Hahahahaha, that's brilliant.

__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 15:40   Link #2175
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Awww, the ch 69 ending was so touching X03! Now I guess the chapter failed everyone's assumptions, because many were expecting Tooru to pop out of nowhere while Oonuma was with Ucchi. Like Drago said, the main char actually did it right without screwing it up. I actually thought it'd be Yuki that was coming into the door instead of Eri. Still, this Oonuma thing isn't over. I'm willing to bet she's going to tell Yuki that they kissed just before he met Yuki on the rooftop at some point. I feel kind of bad for her really (;.; ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
lol, too funny =03
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 16:01   Link #2176
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Awww, the ch 69 ending was so touching X03! Now I guess the chapter failed everyone's assumptions, because many were expecting Tooru to pop out of nowhere while Oonuma was with Ucchi. Like Drago said, the main char actually did it right without screwing it up. I actually thought it'd be Yuki that was coming into the door instead of Eri. Still, this Oonuma thing isn't over. I'm willing to bet she's going to tell Yuki that they kissed just before he met Yuki on the rooftop at some point. I feel kind of bad for her really (;.; ).
I don't. Not anymore. And I knew I wouldn't too. I knew eventually the clingy thing would make my sympathy for her turn to irritation, and that time has come. Desperate and clingy will not make Utsumi like her more. Neither will expecting him to be grateful that she keeps saying she loves him.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 16:43   Link #2177
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I don't. Not anymore. And I knew I wouldn't too. I knew eventually the clingy thing would make my sympathy for her turn to irritation, and that time has come. Desperate and clingy will not make Utsumi like her more. Neither will expecting him to be grateful that she keeps saying she loves him.
Desperation is always unbecoming. I haven't liked Risa from the start because she reeked of desparation all along. It's like the old stereotype:

Young undeveloped girl has esteem issues and eats too much... becomes overweight. Now overweight girl has even BIGGER self esteem issues and these are further exacerbated by rejection from opposite sex as girl matures. More mature overweight girl overcomes self esteem issues sufficiently to lose weight. Now mature skinny girl realizes she is attractive to opposite sex, but having no experience with success, uses desperate measures and methods as overcompensation. Desparate skinny girl either ends up preggers by oversexed males going for an easy thing, or rejected by guy of choice who doesn't want her obvious baggage... either way, new blow to self esteem causes girl to eat too much. Media preys on re-overweight girl and gains a lifetime of dedication to diet programs, "lite" foods, diet drinks, workout videos and machines etc... Rinse and repeat.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 16:45   Link #2178
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Haha, true.

Also I love this panel pretty damn hard, the first thing that ran through my head:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Utsumi uses MARBLE! It's super effective! Wild Kurokawa is smitten!
1-2 combo! great panel and comments!
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:17   Link #2179
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Desperation is always unbecoming. I haven't liked Risa from the start because she reeked of desparation all along. It's like the old stereotype:

Young undeveloped girl has esteem issues and eats too much... becomes overweight. Now overweight girl has even BIGGER self esteem issues and these are further exacerbated by rejection from opposite sex as girl matures. More mature overweight girl overcomes self esteem issues sufficiently to lose weight. Now mature skinny girl realizes she is attractive to opposite sex, but having no experience with success, uses desperate measures and methods as overcompensation. Desparate skinny girl either ends up preggers by oversexed males going for an easy thing, or rejected by guy of choice who doesn't want her obvious baggage... either way, new blow to self esteem causes girl to eat too much. Media preys on re-overweight girl and gains a lifetime of dedication to diet programs, "lite" foods, diet drinks, workout videos and machines etc... Rinse and repeat.
That's quite the extensive scenario for a simple stereotype

... not that I disagree with the description itself though
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:44   Link #2180
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
That's quite the extensive scenario for a simple stereotype

... not that I disagree with the description itself though
OK, well I was trying to be delicate to a point, but I guess you could call it "Loser Fat Chick syndrome" but that might be misconstrued as misogynistic.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.