AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-28, 21:25   Link #2221
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoilers for 72:

Spoiler:
I think that's pretty likely.

Spoiler for thoughts on future:
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:36   Link #2222
n0c0ntr0l
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I think that's pretty likely.

Spoiler for thoughts on future:
Spoiler for ridiculous:
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:37   Link #2223
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I think.....we're gonna see a nice boat soon.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:39   Link #2224
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
If Utsumi and Yuki break up due to Tooru and she goes back to him for whatever reason, I'm dropping the series.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 10:12   Link #2225
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Forget Tooru, I'm dropping the series if Yuki breaks up with Utsumi again, for any reason!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 11:01   Link #2226
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Spoiler for ridiculous:
At school no less!! So romantic, jackass.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 13:21   Link #2227
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Spoiler for ch 72:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 14:25   Link #2228
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Spoiler for ridiculous:
Well he still haven't heard Touru's side of the story yet, and I'm sure the mangaka will try her best to redeem him.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:05   Link #2229
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Yeah, n0c0, we're still not sure it was deliberately yet. We won't know until the whole story unfolds. Jerk or not, everyone is innocent until proven guilty and there's not enough evidence to convict him yet-- just Yuki's side of the story. I still don't like the guy or what he did, but I'm not going to condemn him to death until we get a clearer picture of what happened.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:14   Link #2230
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Are we forgetting that Yuki's is from a wealthy family ?
Spoiler for Ideas:
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 21:41   Link #2231
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If Utsumi and Yuki break up due to Tooru and she goes back to him for whatever reason, I'm dropping the series.
This series is rather becoming daunting to say the least................ for once I would like less drama sometimes. Hopefully the only scene we get from Touru would be him apologising and saying his good bye, of course that would be wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Well he still haven't heard Touru's side of the story yet, and I'm sure the mangaka will try her best to redeem him.
Lol, no.
The author doesn’t need to redeem every single character in the series, just providing background information is enough.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 22:18   Link #2232
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
This series is rather becoming daunting to say the least................ for once I would like less drama sometimes. Hopefully the only scene we get from Touru would be him apologising and saying his good bye, of course that would be wishful thinking.
And also anticlimactic. I'm actually HOPING for MORE drama. I like the little dance Yuki and Utsumi are doing and more of that would be welcome as two kids who don't quite know how to relate, but want to, learn how... but there's unfinished business between Touru and Yuki for sure and after the scene where he's trying to find her it would be a waste to leave such ominous foreshadowing without a payoff of some kind. A simple apology would be a loser move.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:15   Link #2233
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
And also anticlimactic. I'm actually HOPING for MORE drama. I like the little dance Yuki and Utsumi are doing and more of that would be welcome as two kids who don't quite know how to relate, but want to, learn how... but there's unfinished business between Touru and Yuki for sure and after the scene where he's trying to find her it would be a waste to leave such ominous foreshadowing without a payoff of some kind. A simple apology would be a loser move.
There is already enough on the platter for another 10 volumes or so with the current cast so there is already drama ensured regardless if Touru is involved or not.

I do view this series as more mature somewhat and it’s not that unique consider its quite Japanese to apologise even criminal do it lol, however if the author wants to create drama for the sake of it. I have no issues myself but I feel there are already quite a few obstacles already in place for Yuki and Utsumi to go through but forcing too many coincidental simultaneously isn't exactly what I'm looking forward too.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-03-02 at 00:56.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:22   Link #2234
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
This series is rather becoming daunting to say the least................ for once I would like less drama sometimes. Hopefully the only scene we get from Touru would be him apologising and saying his good bye, of course that would be wishful thinking.


Lol, no.
The author doesn’t need to redeem every single character in the series, just providing background information is enough.
So you don't think Kento's reappearance has anything to do with the mangaka trying to redeem him in order to hook him up with Shou? I wish Kento and Touru would just disappear off the face of the earth like many of you here, but it's obvious the mangaka has bigger plans for them.

I'm especially angry about Kento though, and I will most definately rage hard if they get back together
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 00:42   Link #2235
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
So you don't think Kento's reappearance has anything to do with the mangaka trying to redeem him in order to hook him up with Shou? I wish Kento and Touru would just disappear off the face of the earth like many of you here, but it's obvious the mangaka has bigger plans for them.
lol, I can't remember who Kento is, since you mention Shou senpai I'm guessing her ex. Well her story has been resolved long ago and quite neatly wrap up. Bringing him back is there for the rage

If the author use Kento as a means to create a situation for Utsumi and Shou that I would welcome. Since we don't really know if Shou has really gotten over him although she is more energetic but that’s more because she hasn’t seen him since. There's potential drama there already as I believe she's traumatised by it in someway but in any case just don’t hook them back together because that would make no sense in my eyes, I can see abuse or some kind of attempted rape in the worst case scenario happening lol (been reading too much of Katsura’s manga), to answer your question I don't think the author is trying to redeem Kento but rather something else.

Touru is however a necessary plot device in order to move Yuki forward, to be more confident with herself. Whatever the drama that would imply I'm not looking forward to it but necessary as such.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-03-02 at 00:54.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:37   Link #2236
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
lol, I can't remember who Kento is, since you mention Shou senpai I'm guessing her ex. Well her story has been resolved long ago and quite neatly wrap up. Bringing him back is there for the rage

If the author use Kento as a means to create a situation for Utsumi and Shou that I would welcome. Since we don't really know if Shou has really gotten over him although she is more energetic but that’s more because she hasn’t seen him since. There's potential drama there already as I believe she's traumatised by it in someway but in any case just don’t hook them back together because that would make no sense in my eyes, I can see abuse or some kind of attempted rape in the worst case scenario happening lol (been reading too much of Katsura’s manga), to answer your question I don't think the author is trying to redeem Kento but rather something else.

Touru is however a necessary plot device in order to move Yuki forward, to be more confident with herself. Whatever the drama that would imply I'm not looking forward to it but necessary as such.

I can't see any other reason for Kento to reappear other than to provide a pairing for Shou. For the record, I'm totally against them getting back together, but I feel the mangaka is going to make it happen . I'd much rather she introduce a new character for Shou or just have her single and happy. I mean, she's going to graduate soon anyways so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have her remain single for the rest of the year.

I also think Risa is going to be interwoven into the Yuki and Touru drama, since she's clearly not yet ready to give up on Utsumi. The most cliche event would be a series of misunderstandings that put Risa and Utsumi together, and Yuki with Touru.

Also about Utsumi and Yuki's relationship, it's on pretty rocky grounds right now. Utsumi is clearly much more in love with Yuki than she is with Utsumi, or at least we're led to believe since all we get are Utsumi's thoughts. That's almost never a good sign for any relationship, and we all know how insecure Utsumi is. The slightest misunderstanding could destroy that relationship in an instant.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 08:11   Link #2237
n0c0ntr0l
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post

I also think Risa is going to be interwoven into the Yuki and Touru drama, since she's clearly not yet ready to give up on Utsumi. The most cliche event would be a series of misunderstandings that put Risa and Utsumi together, and Yuki with Touru.

Also about Utsumi and Yuki's relationship, it's on pretty rocky grounds right now. Utsumi is clearly much more in love with Yuki than she is with Utsumi, or at least we're led to believe since all we get are Utsumi's thoughts. That's almost never a good sign for any relationship, and we all know how insecure Utsumi is. The slightest misunderstanding could destroy that relationship in an instant.
Utsumi and risa with yuki and Touru will never happen. It would first of all completely ruin Yuki's character. I mean completely ruin, she'd be more in the depths of ridiculousness than Yuzuki Eba. Secondly, Utsumi has clearly shown that he has no interest in Risa. Just because she has a nice body doesn't mean that even if things get rocky with Yuki he'll turn to her.

As for their relationship being unstable, I disagree. I actually think in a way it's pretty rock solid. Sure Utsumi does like Yuki more than Yuki likes him and it is a problem. But Yuki likes him a decent amount and the lines of communication between the two at the moment are very much open. As long as they stay open a misunderstanding wouldn't stay a misunderstanding for any amount of time.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 09:05   Link #2238
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Utsumi and risa with yuki and Touru will never happen. It would first of all completely ruin Yuki's character. I mean completely ruin, she'd be more in the depths of ridiculousness than Yuzuki Eba. Secondly, Utsumi has clearly shown that he has no interest in Risa. Just because she has a nice body doesn't mean that even if things get rocky with Yuki he'll turn to her.

As for their relationship being unstable, I disagree. I actually think in a way it's pretty rock solid. Sure Utsumi does like Yuki more than Yuki likes him and it is a problem. But Yuki likes him a decent amount and the lines of communication between the two at the moment are very much open. As long as they stay open a misunderstanding wouldn't stay a misunderstanding for any amount of time.
Ah, my friend. You underestimate the power of shounen romance dramas. All that open communication and stability could be gone in an instant. It's happened before. Do I think Sasuga will do it? Nope. But the possibility is still there and very plausible.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 09:16   Link #2239
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
I'm definitely dropping this shit if Kento gets Shou again.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 21:53   Link #2240
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
I won't drop it if Kento and Shou get together, but I will be extremely displease with the mangaka.

On another, sadder note, it looks like I won't be on the onemanga forums for a while. I got a new laptop and had issues logging in, so I reset my password... and now I can't log in from any pc. Keep getting a wrong username/password error followed by a used up quota message, even though I only tried logging in one time. :\ Contacted them about it, but still waiting on a reply. Not sure what's going on-- if it's on my end or theirs.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.