AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 22:17   Link #2281
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
She lied trying to cover herself up. That was bad In my opinion.
Bad but not condemnable and I can understand why she wanted to hid it, although there is no clear answer when she was going to tell him since the whole thing blew up quite fast. If she ended up dated two guys at the same time and kept it hidden than yes she would be largely at fault.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 22:54   Link #2282
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Bad but not condemnable and I can understand why she wanted to hid it, although there is no clear answer when she was going to tell him since the whole thing blew up quite fast. If she ended up dated two guys at the same time and kept it hidden than yes she would be largely at fault.
Well while technically she didnt owe an answer to Utsumi. Common sense says she did because when you agree to go on a date there is this connected, while not exactly going out as girlfriend and boyfriend still not exactly the friends either. You have to take into consideration that as well and thats why her act was bad because she didnt explain it properly to Utsumi (though by common sense she should have before going on a date simply because they already agreed going on a date first and it already has some deeper meaning by itself rather than just hanging out with friends).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 23:19   Link #2283
Nemuru

Quote:
Well while technically she didnt owe an answer to Utsumi. Common sense says she did because when you agree to go on a date there is this connected, while not exactly going out as girlfriend and boyfriend still not exactly the friends either. You have to take into consideration that as well and thats why her act was bad because she didnt explain it properly to Utsumi (though by common sense she should have before going on a date simply because they already agreed going on a date first and it already has some deeper meaning by itself rather than just hanging out with friends).
Going back to class ^^,

We can agree on there wasn't a real need to tell Utsumi and there wasn't much of a fault. Hiding or telling there should be some courtesy towards the other party but not much in terms of a responsibility.
Any further than this would be repetitive, although it’s similar to my post, with that said I agree and understand your view…. Moving on.

Do remember it did blew up in on day, maybe she would had told him the next day... unexpected encounter as it is. People do tend to tell white lie it's normal but as I stand by my first post it wasn't betrayal of any kind.
Old 2011-03-07, 01:19   Link #2284
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
As far as I read Utsumi and Shou were not in a relationship at the time. They were just going on a date to see, which to me sounds perfectly fine if she chose to hook up with someone else..................

She like Utsumi but like Kento more at the time with Kento being her crush and all so I don't see any betrayal which would ultimately fault her for choosing when she could, I suppose the only real fault was she didn't tell Utsumi the truth when she cancel their date. However coming back to Utsumi to seek comfort is still not a sin because Utsumi wasn't in a boyfriend girlfriend relationship yet. Utsumi isn't a child anymore but maybe I'm having too much expectation on others.

In both cases I couldn't find any faults in Shou-senpai on the action she took but the outcome was more or less due to bad luck and timing on her part.

The only thing that would upset me with shou hooking up with Kento is, it would be the illogic behind it since she spectacularly cut ties with him and gave him a slap, which was showing her determination not like those women in any abusive relationship or the badboy etctera......... There could be some BS reason she could be with Kento but that would be BS in general.
I would certainly see the whole Shou/Kento debacle as betrayal. After all, this story is told from Utsu's POV. To see how he built up anticipation and hope, finally leading to that date, only to see her with her old crush after being lied to seemed pretty devastating for him to me. I'm sure that's why some people(least, in this thread) had some resistance to Shou getting another chance with Utsu.

And even if she did slap him and stop talking to him, that doesn't mean things will be that way forever. I would think it hard to forget those many precious memories they had in the tennis club so easily. A couple of "I should have never left you." and "I want to be friends again." lines could be all that's needed to slowly reel her back in, whether they're sincere or not.

Quote:
BTW how does discussing woman in abusive relationship have anything to do with Shou? I can understand generalisation but there is no evidence Shou is in an abusive relationship in the past or future. But if anyone wants to go with speculation fine by me.
Well, it was kinda off-topic, but I was trying to justify that a woman's(Shou or otherwise) feelings can cause her to make a decision that, in other people's eyes, are bad even if, for her own reasons, the woman feels it's a good one. Maybe I didn't get that point across well enough, as many of my recent posts haven't been as coherent as I'd like .

Last edited by frubam; 2011-03-07 at 01:33.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 10:49   Link #2285
n0c0ntr0l

Ohohoho, you guys are going to love 73.

ANYWAYS, on a serious note. I can't fault what Shou did. I don't think it would have been fair to tell him over the phone. He at least deserved to be told face to face.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 11:00   Link #2286
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post

ANYWAYS, on a serious note. I can't fault what Shou did. I don't think it would have been fair to tell him over the phone. He at least deserved to be told face to face.
Yes but if Utsumi hadn't seen them out together himself, would she have said anything at all? He did deserve to be told about it, but not after seeing her with someone else after she turned down a date even she was excited to go to.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 12:09   Link #2287
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The problem is, we will never know. I personally think Shou would have told him about it at the next opportunity. However, we never got that chance, so it'll always come down to a judgment based on her character. To me, Shou is a nice girl who wouldn't maliciously hurt someone and string them along. That's why I choose to believe she would have told him.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:46   Link #2288
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The problem is, we will never know. I personally think Shou would have told him about it at the next opportunity. However, we never got that chance, so it'll always come down to a judgment based on her character. To me, Shou is a nice girl who wouldn't maliciously hurt someone and string them along. That's why I choose to believe she would have told him.
I know that Shou is a nice girl and all but you never know with them. Becaus eof their niceness some people start avoiding the truth and keep lying always hesitating to face the truth until there is nowhere to run.

Just planning on telling the truth is not enough. A lot iof people are like that - promising to make it clear but never doing because upon facing the other person always starts avoiding the unpleasant issue.

Shou might as well kept on lying and playing Utsu for as long as she could, not because willing to play with him but becaus eof being hesitant on telling the truth into the face always finding excuses on why she shouldnt tell the truth at that moment.
Old 2011-03-07, 13:52   Link #2289
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
I know that Shou is a nice girl and all but you never know with them. Becaus eof their niceness some people start avoiding the truth and keep lying always hesitating to face the truth until there is nowhere to run.

Just planning on telling the truth is not enough. A lot iof people are like that - promising to make it clear but never doing because upon facing the other person always starts avoiding the unpleasant issue.

Shou might as well kept on lying and playing Utsu for as long as she could, not because willing to play with him but becaus eof being hesitant on telling the truth into the face always finding excuses on why she shouldnt tell the truth at that moment.
That's where trust comes in. If you're always paranoid that even nice people will hurt you, you'll never get anywhere in life. Sometimes you have to trust in others. Otherwise, you'll spend your whole life miserable.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:52   Link #2290
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's where trust comes in. If you're always paranoid that even nice people will hurt you, you'll never get anywhere in life. Sometimes you have to trust in others. Otherwise, you'll spend your whole life miserable.
Yeah but Shou could have ended going either way because again planning to tell the truth and telling the truth are two completely different things as real life shows. Shou could have ended up dragging it out, always finding excuses to postpone telling the truth.
Old 2011-03-07, 16:11   Link #2291
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Yeah but Shou could have ended going either way because again planning to tell the truth and telling the truth are two completely different things as real life shows. Shou could have ended up dragging it out, always finding excuses to postpone telling the truth.
Yes, she could have. But as I said, it's a trust thing. Would she have told Utsumi the next time she saw him? Given my view of her, I'd say yes. Others may say no because they don't trust her.

The truth is, we didn't get the chance to find out, so we'd have to take it on faith. Sometimes you just have to trust people will do the right thing.
Old 2011-03-10, 03:20   Link #2292
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Kurokawa is really lightening up these past few episodes. Realtionships really do wonders to women... until they break up.
Old 2011-03-12, 15:41   Link #2293
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

73 is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 73:
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 16:23   Link #2294
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Man I love the way this guy (girl?) draws girls faces.

I just want to pinch and squeeze the hell out of their cheeks.

Haha <3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 17:40   Link #2295
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

so back to photography girl.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 23:25   Link #2296
frubam
singing heartbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Thanks a lot for making it sound like Utsu was going to punch Kento in the face .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo View Post
...planning to tell the truth and telling the truth are two completely different things as real life shows. Shou could have ended up dragging it out, always finding excuses to postpone telling the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klg View Post
Yes, she could have. But as I said, it's a trust thing. Would she have told Utsumi the next time she saw him? Given my view of her, I'd say yes. Others may say no because they don't trust her.

The truth is, we didn't get the chance to find out, so we'd have to take it on faith. Sometimes you just have to trust people will do the right thing.
But this isn't real life, this is a manga. A story. And like 88% of these kinds of situations, where the girl character is nice and kind like Shou, chances are, she wouldn't have told him anything for reasons Darknemo already explained. Had she said in her email that she needed to talk with him about something rather than trying to hide it, I'd have thought otherwise. Once you try to hide something from someone, you've already invalidated any trust thereon, and for me, that's what Shou did, regardless of whether or not she had any ill intentions.
Old 2011-03-12, 23:34   Link #2297
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
There's no facts either way..... lol whether real life or manga there are two possible scenario. However people tell lies all the time, but essential what her responsibility are and her obligation. She doesn't owe anything towards Utsumi... I'm not sure if she even needs to ask for forgiveness. Her action isn't necessary evil.

Chp 72.

Risa makes a great antagonist and her ability to predict the future is quite shocking for a manga character makes me what to cheer on for her determination.

Spoiler for chapter 73:
Old 2011-03-12, 23:41   Link #2298
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
There's no facts either way..... lol whether real life or manga there are two possible scenario. However people tell lies all the time, but essential what her responsibility are and her obligation. She doesn't owe anything towards Utsumi... I'm not sure if she even needs to ask for forgiveness. Her action isn't necessary evil.

Chp 72.

Risa makes a great antagonist and her ability to predict the future is quite shocking for a manga character makes me what to cheer on for her determination.

Spoiler for chapter 73:
I just can't shake the feeling that Shou and Kento will end up together again. It's disgusting.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 23:45   Link #2299
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I just can't shake the feeling that Shou and Kento will end up together again. It's disgusting.
that would be quite the unpopular choice that would most likely to occur in a shoujo manga ^^, I wonder how many raging forum poster will we have if it did occur. Would this become KniM 2?
Old 2011-03-13, 00:25   Link #2300
frubam
singing heartbreak

Quote:
I wouldn't say its 'evil', nor I wouldn't even say she needs Utsu to forgive her, since he, himself, said he completely understood and would do the same thing. Looking at it logically, yes, she was not obligated to go out with Utsu, and had the right to cancel for any reason she wished. However, she still ended up hurting Utsu for her actions and gave an impression that she was trying to hide it, thus lowering my belief that she would have been honest with Utsu about her and Kento from the beginning.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi