AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-13, 01:10   Link #2301
Johnny
Working the bags...

Whether it was right or wrong doesn't matter anymore. Her chicken already came home to roost this chapter when she found out Utsumi and Yuki are dating...

Also someone mentioned that Kento got a new girl. I believe that's the same one from before that was in the car after Shou bitched slapped him...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 04:25   Link #2302
KLGChaos
The Shermain

That was Yagi who was with him. Which shows just how much of a jerk he is-- he was looking for Shou while he was still with Yagi at the bowling alley. It's bad enough to go after the girl you hurt badly, but to do it when you're current girlfriend is right there with you is low.
Old 2011-03-13, 08:59   Link #2303
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Wtf, Utsumi just attracts girls with issues.
Old 2011-03-13, 09:12   Link #2304
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Wtf, Utsumi just attracts girls with issues.
Of course or else we wouldn't have an interesting story to read.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 09:29   Link #2305
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Of course or else we wouldn't have an interesting story to read.
That's not the only way to make a story interesting.
Old 2011-03-13, 10:03   Link #2306
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
That's not the only way to make a story interesting.
But it is probably what a majority wants or sells in this case. This is a shounen series I believe so I'm trying to find an example of a pure romance story without drama. I suppose you would need to define 'issues' first because depending on how strict it can be, it can encompass more or less manga out there as an example.

However the current trio that is chasing Utsumi, only Yuki seems to represent something different out of normality. Risa who has low self esteem and Shou with her trouble ex boyfriend isn't something I would consider extreme in both cases.

lol, now I'm going astray quoting just one line. You are correct in saying that there are different ways in making a story interesting without the drama but I feel this is what makes GE entertaining. If it wasn't the case I would had choose a different manga. And lastly, does Utsumi attracts the troublesome girls? On some degree I would agree to a yes but as mention above I find Rise and Shou problems to be normal on a level people deal with commonly. While Yuki with her trauma is a rather special case.

P.S more manga needs to have less friends giving bad advice *stares at Eri*
Old 2011-03-13, 21:49   Link #2307
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
that would be quite the unpopular choice that would most likely to occur in a shoujo manga ^^, I wonder how many raging forum poster will we have if it did occur. Would this become KniM 2?
There might be almost as much rage as when it was revealed that Yuki was not a virgin. At this point, if the mangaka decides to get those two back together, I can't see any other purpose than to cause rage and controversy for the sake of it. It would just be bad writing, and artificial drama.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 17:40   Link #2308
n0c0ntr0l

74 Is out.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 18:33   Link #2309
jzmagic
flargansbog

Spoiler for Thoughts on 74:
Old 2011-03-19, 18:35   Link #2310
Zetsubo
著述遮断

what does NTR mean ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 18:38   Link #2311
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
what does NTR mean ?
It can have a lot of meanings but in this case, having your girl stolen by another man.
Old 2011-03-19, 19:33   Link #2312
n0c0ntr0l

Alright, jzmagic

$20 says her and Touru don't get back together.

Put your money where your silly assumption is.

She's just looking at the number. She's bothered by it, that doesn't mean she wants him back. She's just wondering why the hell he wants to see her.
Old 2011-03-19, 20:13   Link #2313
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Alright, jzmagic

She's just looking at the number. She's bothered by it, that doesn't mean she wants him back. She's just wondering why the hell he wants to see her.
I don't think its a certainty she would get back together with him, but I do think its definitely within the realm of possibility. Why would she look at the number if she weren't thinking of calling, especially on a first date with Utsumi? Like I said previously, the present circumstances are like a perfect storm waiting to happen. Risa has still not given up on Utsumi and said that she will wait for them to break up. Meanwhile, Kento has miraculously re-entered the picture while Shou is now out of the running. The implications of ex's getting back together is pretty strong right now, where Risa is setup to be the rebound.

My question to you is what do you think will happen in the unfolding drama? I don't know what your plot predictions are but you seem pretty adamant that they will not get back together, and that Yuki and Utsumi will not break up.
Old 2011-03-19, 20:23   Link #2314
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Alright, jzmagic

I agree. This constant catastrophizing gets pretty dull.

Her concern doesn't mean she still has feelings for Tooru but that she's still not over her past, meaning the situation the betrayal triggered. And why would she? She merely talked with Utsumi about it, that doesn't mean the wound is cured - it'll need much more than that.

Assuming she still likes Tooru means commiting the same error in reasoning that Utsumi made again and again when he got impatient with her.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 20:29   Link #2315
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I don't think its a certainty she would get back together with him, but I do think its definitely within the realm of possibility. Why would she look at the number if she weren't thinking of calling, especially on a first date with Utsumi? Like I said previously, the present circumstances are like a perfect storm waiting to happen. Risa has still not given up on Utsumi and said that she will wait for them to break up. Meanwhile, Kento has miraculously re-entered the picture while Shou is now out of the running. The implications of ex's getting back together is pretty strong right now, where Risa is setup to be the rebound.

My question to you is what do you think will happen in the unfolding drama? I don't know what your plot predictions are but you seem pretty adamant that they will not get back together, and that Yuki and Utsumi will not break up.
There's like a few manga series that actually breaks up the couple usually it just involves them going through some obstacle. I can see this manga taking this approach. The last biggest drama we had was the truth that Yuki isn't a virgin lol, that sure got the fanboy rattled. Overall this manga has been quite tame, at least no lol drama for me.

As for your other assumption I'm going to wait out a few more chapters and see, I don't believe anything is concrete yet or suggesting. It can go both way using the realm of possibility as you mention. Side note, I don't like the direction of using a triple storm to make it more dramatic if I was utsumi I'm sure I would go crazy from the problems he might face later in the future.
Old 2011-03-20, 04:30   Link #2316
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post

I don't think she wants to call him. I think she's wondering why the hell he wants to see her. She looks utterly disturbed on the complete opposite end of a scale to a girl who is thinking "YAY MY EX WANTS ME BACK!". Just remember the look on her face when she was talking to her mom, she seemed fearful again. For all you know she might delete the number next chapter. I get the feeling we are being trolled by the mangaka here, being made to think there will be big drama and there won't. This being said, now is not the time or the place to be dwelling on touru. If she doesn't cheer up, puppy Utsumi will go home very very sad.
Old 2011-03-20, 12:18   Link #2317
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Jumping around a lot, aren't we? It's like she's stretching to end each chapter with a dramatic note.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 13:28   Link #2318
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
what does NTR mean ?
NTR is like being cuckolded. Just in much broader meaning that the cuckold means.

Literally it means the wife/heroine being stolen away from the hero/husband, howver, in the contemporary meaning of NTR (netorare) the hero and heroine do not have to be in marriage or in going-out relationship (childhood friend being 'stolen' away also goes as NTR).

Shou also pulled an NTR on Utsu much earlier in this manga though she never was stolen as she was never with Utsumi to begin with, it still counts as an act of betrayal as the hero feels the pain (and jealousy with it).

Heck there are some NTR where the girl doesnt even know about the hero (who worships her from far away until he learns she has a boyfriend) and it still can be NTR if played right.

So yeah NTR has a wide meaning but generally it means the one whom you care about being 'stolen' from you by another guy.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 12:57   Link #2319
jzmagic
flargansbog

75 is out

Spoiler for Spoilers for 75:
Old 2011-03-27, 13:12   Link #2320
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

STILL ITS OK TO FEEL NICE FOR NOW

for now

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi