AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-16, 00:47   Link #3621
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Spoiler for 111:
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 02:38   Link #3622
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
hoollyyyy shiiittttt drama!? i hope Shou-chan will understand...
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 06:17   Link #3623
AI Dreamer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Italia
Now The Ranking is:
1) Shou



2nd.... Yuki... at distance.

If Utsumi will be honest, I think Shou will understand.... end of the "love story"... the rest will be about Yuki and Touru.
If Utsumi will lie.... anything would happend.


The only thing that I want to add, is that (in this situation) Utsumi's love for Iketani will never be as strong as Seiji's love for Yuki.... it will be a strong love, but not the strongest (He will never run to save Iketani like he would do for Yuki)
__________________
To Live only by Dreams is wrong, but what is a man without DREAMS?
AI Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 11:20   Link #3624
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I knew there was some kind of mix up. Classic set up.

Anyway, Ucchi needs to learn that honesty is the best policy.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 13:24   Link #3625
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Man such pressure ALL OVER FRIGGIN CHOCOLATE.

I mean I know it's manga and all but seriously........

Anyways, Shou is cute but you know where this is going.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 13:51   Link #3626
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Man such pressure ALL OVER FRIGGIN CHOCOLATE.

I mean I know it's manga and all but seriously........

Anyways, Shou is cute but you know where this is going.
Because he is so unsure of himself and what to do made her insecure.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:16   Link #3627
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Utsumi is a walking hand grenade that has it's pin already pulled. Sooner or later he's going to slip and that shits going to explode in his face...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:20   Link #3628
Emulator
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Jesus, this chapter kind of trample his so called "strong feelings" for Yuki.
Are you sure? The love hotel chapter and his thoughts about Yuki are saying something different. You should also ask yourself why he still accepted the chocolate knowing very well that she loves him and why he was lying to Shou instead of telling her just the truth and that she doesnt need to worry because he is already over Yuki and only loves her now. But he didnīt do it.
Lets just see if he just tells her the truthabout his feelings or if just lies to her and acts like nothing happened.
Quote:
I kind of like his attitude that he has moved on, but still cares for Yuki dearly (than the average friend).
You saw how much he moved on from Yuki in the love hotel chapter and you saw how muched he moved on from her in this chapter. You will see how much he moved one from Yuki in a couples of chapters as well, basically not a single bit.

Do you remember that i told you that Utsumi will selfsabotage his "relationship" with Shou?
The first time was with the love hotel thing. The second time was with the chocolate. And it will continue till Shou has enough of playing boyfriend and girlfriend with him or till Utsumi get balls and ends this farce.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:00   Link #3629
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
well,sincerely i don't like the fact that is Utsumi that has to run after Yuki...If Shou and Utsumi break-up..i'd like to see Yuki run after Utsumi...but..i know that is a mission impossible...

i'm curious to see how Shou react...i already know that the Drama is coming soon...no..,i correct myself..the Drama is already begun...
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 06:11   Link #3630
AI Dreamer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Italia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Are you sure? The love hotel chapter and his thoughts about Yuki are saying something different. You should also ask yourself why he still accepted the chocolate knowing very well that she loves him and why he was lying to Shou instead of telling her just the truth and that she doesnt need to worry because he is already over Yuki and only loves her now. But he didnīt do it.
Lets just see if he just tells her the truthabout his feelings or if just lies to her and acts like nothing happened.

You saw how much he moved on from Yuki in the love hotel chapter and you saw how muched he moved on from her in this chapter. You will see how much he moved one from Yuki in a couples of chapters as well, basically not a single bit.

Do you remember that i told you that Utsumi will selfsabotage his "relationship" with Shou?
The first time was with the love hotel thing. The second time was with the chocolate. And it will continue till Shou has enough of playing boyfriend and girlfriend with him or till Utsumi get balls and ends this farce.
I like your way of thinking (and of course I hope you are right).
But you can't said that Utsumi's refuse of Yuki's chocolate is meaningless.
At least it is a "first step" towards Shou.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
well,sincerely i don't like the fact that is Utsumi that has to run after Yuki...If Shou and Utsumi break-up..i'd like to see Yuki run after Utsumi...but..i know that is a mission impossible...

i'm curious to see how Shou react...i already know that the Drama is coming soon...no..,i correct myself..the Drama is already begun...
Me too... if Yuki still wants a chance, it's her time to.

About Shou: I don't know... normally he would explain clearly, and she would understand....
But we all know about this manga, so everything could happened...
__________________
To Live only by Dreams is wrong, but what is a man without DREAMS?

Last edited by AI Dreamer; 2012-01-17 at 08:02.
AI Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 09:12   Link #3631
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Are you sure? The love hotel chapter and his thoughts about Yuki are saying something different. You should also ask yourself why he still accepted the chocolate knowing very well that she loves him and why he was lying to Shou instead of telling her just the truth and that she doesnt need to worry because he is already over Yuki and only loves her now. But he didnīt do it.
Lets just see if he just tells her the truthabout his feelings or if just lies to her and acts like nothing happened.
Accepting Giri/Obligation chocolate in Japan's Valentine's Day is most commonly not associated with special feelings of the giver. To convey that Honmei is the way to go (tend to be self-made with all the "love" in it ). Giri is simply an act of courtesy to your fellow classmates/family/work colleagues, etc. Giri tends to be chocolate bought at the store as a veeery rough indicator.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 11:15   Link #3632
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Its not Yuki's gift that makes Shou uncomfortable. It is Utsmi's handling of that simple fact that makes her suspect that Utsumi is still unsure.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:16   Link #3633
Emulator
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Dreamer View Post
I like your way of thinking (and of course I hope you are right).
But you can't said that Utsumi's refuse of Yuki's chocolate is meaningless.
At least it is a "first step" towards Shou.
It is meaningless becuase he still took it. And it was not a step towards Shou, it was a step away. He took the chocolate from a girl he loves knowing that she loves him too while rebound dating a different girl that he doesnīt love. He even lied about it instead of just telling Shou that he is over Yuki and that Shou has absolutely no reason to worry. Why not tell her that? Because he clearly felt guilty. Why does he feel guilty? Becuase he knows who he loves but put himself in a situation wher he will hurt his sempei that he once had a big crush and that is his friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Accepting Giri/Obligation chocolate in Japan's Valentine's Day is most commonly not associated with special feelings of the giver. To convey that Honmei is the way to go (tend to be self-made with all the "love" in it ). Giri is simply an act of courtesy to your fellow classmates/family/work colleagues, etc. Giri tends to be chocolate bought at the store as a veeery rough indicator.
The point is that Yuki still loves him. He knows that and no matter how much Yuki denies that, it was not an obligation chocolate. She gave the guy she loves a chocolate on valentins day. He knows the meaning and everyone that knows her feelings knows the meaning of that chocolate that she gave Utsumi.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:31   Link #3634
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
To be fair the situation put him between a rock and a hard place. Note that Utsumi said that he didnt get anything special from Yuki. He didn't say he didn't get anything right ?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 13:39   Link #3635
Dj0rel
True Believer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Talking

Next issue:
Utsumi: Don't worry senpai, it's just Giri chocolate there's nothing to worry about. Eri gave me the same thing.
Shou: You mean that girl I caught you in a compromising situation with!?
Utsumi: ...Oh crap!
__________________
Not afraid of having a different opinion.
Dj0rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 14:01   Link #3636
AI Dreamer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Italia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
It is meaningless becuase he still took it. .
Well, ok... but he took the "obligatory's one" while he was refusing "the love's one"... you are right, but it's not the same thing... not 100%.
That's why I said it is a step towards Shou.

About all the rest I agreed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
To be fair the situation put him between a rock and a hard place. Note that Utsumi said that he didnt get anything special from Yuki. He didn't say he didn't get anything right ?
Ok, one point for Utsumi, but it's like the same in this situation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Next issue:
Utsumi: Don't worry senpai, it's just Giri chocolate there's nothing to worry about. Eri gave me the same thing.
Shou: You mean that girl I caught you in a compromising situation with!?
Utsumi: ...Oh crap!

lol
__________________
To Live only by Dreams is wrong, but what is a man without DREAMS?
AI Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 14:22   Link #3637
Emulator
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Dreamer View Post
Well, ok... but he took the "obligatory's one" while he was refusing "the love's one"... you are right, but it's not the same thing... not 100%.
That's why I said it is a step towards Shou.

About all the rest I agreed.
Sorry but again. The chocolate he got from Yuki has absolutely nothing to do with obligation even if Yuki is claiming that. Yuki knows that, Ustumi knows that and everyone that knows Yukis feelings knows that too.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 16:24   Link #3638
AI Dreamer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Italia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Sorry but again. The chocolate he got from Yuki has absolutely nothing to do with obligation even if Yuki is claiming that. Yuki knows that, Ustumi knows that and everyone that knows Yukis feelings knows that too.
Excuse me too (I like to discuss about GE, you know), but....

Our Utsumi? The one that doesn't even know his own name?
He is wondering about Yuki's true feelings, that's true, but he still think that it's all in his mind and he is just a friend for her....

Then, accepting this "obligation" chocolate (although we know it's not) it's not like accepting the "love" chocolate that he thinked she gave him and he was giving back...
It have not the same "power"... I don't know if I could explain myself well...
He is still guilty tooking the chocolate, but it's not the same thing.

And the "giving back" thing... It's a damn great thing that push her away from him
and make Shou come closer to him.

Of course, this is just what I think.... maybe I'm wrong, but I think no one knows it yet... manga's emotions come from this uncertainty too...


PS: Sorry for my English
__________________
To Live only by Dreams is wrong, but what is a man without DREAMS?
AI Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:37   Link #3639
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I support your assessment of the the chapter. The returning of Yuki chocolate at first shows us that he is dedicated to the person he is with at the moment. If the story was to return back to Yuki. I can only see Shou starting the break-up like what the tease at the end of the chapter triggered.

The mini arc w/ Shou goes to show what Utsumi has been through and learn with his time with Yuki. There nothing to dislike him and I don't blame his naive thinking regarding his friends advice. We can't have him doing a 180 and being someone we don't know anymore.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 11:36   Link #3640
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Sorry but again. The chocolate he got from Yuki has absolutely nothing to do with obligation even if Yuki is claiming that. Yuki knows that, Ustumi knows that and everyone that knows Yukis feelings knows that too.
Ustumi doesnt know that. He is a nice guy but not the smartest fellow around. Don't overestimate his intelligence.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.